PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 English language pack?

Thyfatone
Jan 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
Hey all, Just joined PSO-World. Happy days =)

I've been looking into buying PSP2, since i'm a big fan of the first PSP. however, playing a game that is solely in Japanese kind of puts me off. Looking on wikipedia, i saw that there is no current plans for a Europe release, so i was wondering if anyone knew if Sonic Team will release a downloadable english language pack that will translate most important text into english.

I'm not talking about dialog or basic chit-chat being translated, just things like menus and item names/effects.

D14BL0
Jan 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
At this time, it's unclear whether SEGA will release an English version of the game.

However, I'm working on another thread ( http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173196 ) where we're posting translated screenshots of all the important game elements. This is being updated as quickly as I can grab the shots, and will probably be the most helpful resource to the non-Japanese-speaking players until SEGA localizes the game.

Thyfatone
Jan 3, 2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks Diablo. That thread will be a great help :)

Boxblaster
Jan 3, 2010, 04:11 PM
This was a big hurdle for me as well, but with 2 years (of mostly forgotten by now) Japanese class, as well as years and years of Phantasy Star being engraved in my mind, it wasn't as bad as I thought. The menus are more or less the same, so basic navigation isn't that bad. The screens from D14BL0's thread are a great place to start. Helped me out with a few things I missed.