PDA

View Full Version : Unreduced Specials

Omunall
Jan 3, 2010, 07:25 PM
What does the "unreduced" mean?

I'm mainly wanting to know about the unreduced freeze for the red partisan, or the gun on milla guld. Will the red partisen freeze like the frozen shooter, like as accurate as a heavy blow?

Ketchup345
Jan 3, 2010, 08:27 PM
Reduction is a penalty on specials of weapons that hit multiple times per button press, either one target or multiple. Unreduced means the weapon is treated as if it was a single hit on a single enemy weapon.
The penalty is either reduced chance to work (like elemental or effect), or reduced gain ("stealing" specials).

Frozen Shooter can not be compared to anything I know of, since its special is well, very special/unique.

Sienna
Jan 3, 2010, 11:57 PM
S-Rank Weapons have unreduced specials, even if it hits multiple times / enemies.

Weapons that have unique specials, like what Ketchup had said, are unique since it has
its own hex code.

Unreduced: S-Ranks, Needles, Slicer Types via SNS, Singe Targeters that hit once.

Reduced: Slicers not using SNS, Multiple Target Weapons, Multiple Hitting.

Unique: Frozen Shooter / Snow Queen, Dark Weapons (excluding Dark Bridge)
Tsumikiri-J-Sword.

These are only some examples. As if I want to post a wall of text. :P

Splash
Jan 4, 2010, 04:12 PM
^ Not a very good generalization, to be honest. Rainbow Baton, S-beat Blades, Black King Bar, etc. are all inherently unreduced also. But I guess you already know that.

By the way, since nobody hasn't mentioned it yet, androids will always get a reduction on Devil's/Demon's special on Ultimate difficulty.

halohalo
Jan 4, 2010, 10:39 PM
Generally, common weapons with multiple hitting/locking have reduced special attack.
Besides, multiple hitting/locking weapons that used similar skin like common weapons in Ver. 2 but got new skin and became rare since GC version also have reduced special attack.

Frozen Shooter's special is different, that's why SEGA make Goran with long distance freeze immune in EP4, so you need to enter its' attack range to freeze it.

Sienna
Jan 4, 2010, 11:09 PM
^ Not a very good generalization, to be honest. Rainbow Baton, S-beat Blades, Black King Bar, etc. are all inherently unreduced also. But I guess you already know that.

By the way, since nobody hasn't mentioned it yet, androids will always get a reduction on Devil's/Demon's special on Ultimate difficulty.

Wall of Text says bye.

Weapons that are 10* / more are generally unreduced, with some exceptions
like Asteron Belt.

Splash
Jan 5, 2010, 08:43 PM
lol, just saying. Not that it really matters right now anyway since you already know.