PDA

View Full Version : Title for 15 different normal missions completed?

Cruciarius
Jan 3, 2010, 09:22 PM
As the title states, I'm doing normal quests. Currently using my FOnewearl, which has completed all the normal quests it lists for her, which is only 13 quests. However, according to the Quest Info, it says I've only completed 8 missions. How is that possible? I've completed the story line missions on 3 characters, as well as all the side missions that appeared, while using my RAcaseal. Yet the game says I've only done 8 quests? :-?

rickfrior
Jan 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hm, I'm a bit confused on your situation but I guess my answer is that you won't get the title just because you have 15 quests cleared from the Quest Record, it must be all different. Let's say I do a particular quest twice, that adds up to the Quest Record of 2 but same cleared quests.

And also, Storyline Quests are not listed on the Quest Record, only the side missions.

Cruciarius
Jan 3, 2010, 11:01 PM
heh My bad, the 8 completed missions was for hard mode.

It says, in the Quest Records, I have completed 38 normal quests. I'm assuming this means it does count story mode + repeating quests (unsure why I redid quests).

Yet still, I've completed every quest listed...

Wait... I just remembered, the cake shop quest. That would be the 15th quest I'm missing.

Tamlin42
Jan 3, 2010, 11:30 PM
In order to get the Title for 15 different normal missions completed, your stable of Characters must complete all 13 Sub Stories (these are the non Story Quests that show up at the Quest Counter) including collecting the reward for each, PLUS all 101 floors of the Eternal Tower in Normal mode (which doesn't appear until you beat the game) including collecting the reward for compleating the quest, AND someone has to find the legendary Naru Cake Shop in Gurhacia Valley or Ozette Wetlands, talk to Eldest Sis in the shop to activate the 15th quest, defeat the boss in the area you're exploring, take the "Third Daughter" quest, win, and collect the reward. Only THEN will you get the Title. It has nothing to do with how many Story Quests you've done, nor how many quests you've done total.

And yes, if you want the Title for Hard or Super Hard mode, someone is going to have to do the Eternal Tower quest in Hard or Super Hard mode, find the Cake Shop AGAIN, and do the "Third Daughter" quest AGAIN for Hard or Super Hard mode. The good news is that it does NOT matter if you blunder into the Cake Shop in Normal, Hard or Super Hard Mode. What matters is THE Character that made the discovery has to defeat the "Third Daughter" quest which takes place in the Snowfield in whatever difficulty level you pick. So you can hunt for it in whatever difficulty level you want. The other good news is that I believe you can leave that quest alone until your character is ready to survive whatever difficulty level you want to pick.

Warning: Once you complete the "Third Daughter" quest it DISAPPEARS from your quest list until someone reactivates it.

Oh and most people agree that the first time you try to compleat the "Third Daughter" quest you should do it in HARD mode. The reward for compleating all 15 HARD mode quests (INCLUDING all 101 floors of Hard Eternal Tower) is a Compress PA which helps ANY character get their PAs and Techs off 1/3 faster. In any case, in order to unlock Super Hard mode OFF-Line, ONE character is going to have to compeat EVERY quest in Hard mode EXCEPT the "Third Daughter" quest. So give that quest to whomever you pick to do the Eternal Tower quest in hard mode....

Hope it helps

Tamlin42
Jan 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
<Gah!> Yes, you're missing the infamous Cake Shop quest.

Cruciarius
Jan 3, 2010, 11:36 PM
Wait so... I have to make 1 of each race? But I hate the humans and I already have 3 characters made...

Tamlin42
Jan 3, 2010, 11:49 PM
Nope. That's why I said "Stable" in my rambling manifesto. :-) Sorry for the confusion.

What I mean is: To get the Title, all 15 Quests must be compeated. Doesn't matter if someone does a couple Off-Line and someone else does a few On-Line, and someone else does a few more. As soon as all 15 Quests are done, you get the title.

BUT there is a similar Title for Hard mode and another for Super Hard Mode. THEY require all 15 Quests as well. That means you'll have to find the Naru Cake Shop at least 3 times total and do the Cake Shop quest once for each DIFFICULTY level. Doesn't matter who does it or in what order. (That is if you're interested in Title hunting or the Heaven element that you get for collecting all 99 Titles.)

In ADDITION, in order to unlock Super Hard mode OFF-Line, ONE character will have to do 14 quests in Hard mode. That character might as well do the Cake Shop quest in Hard mode as well simply because you know that character can survive.

Is that less confusing?

Cruciarius
Jan 3, 2010, 11:54 PM
Ok, so I don't need 1 of each race to get the titles?

I've done all of the quests in normal (other than the cake shop quest), including most of the online quests.

Tamlin42
Jan 4, 2010, 12:00 AM
Correct. You don't need 1 of each race to get all the titles.

All you have to do is find the Cake Shop and complete the Cake Shop quest in Normal mode.

Cruciarius
Jan 4, 2010, 12:02 AM
lol Ok, thank you.

I confuzzled myself for a bit there.

Tamlin42
Jan 4, 2010, 12:09 AM
No problem. Glad it all worked out.