PDA

View Full Version : Hitting those Rappies...

Opodomus
Jan 4, 2010, 01:37 PM
I found my first set of the blue rappies last weekend and was reminded how dang hard they are to hit in PSZ compared to PSO. It seems like I'm lucky to hit them even once. I heard that holding X to lock on and shooting them with mech guns works really well but I can't seem to get it to work (maybe I'm just stupid).

I've had best luck with firing off a zonde as soon as I see the targeting reticule lock on. I thought Rabarta would be awesome but it didn't land a single hit. What strategies have you all found to maximize the number of hits you get on running rappies?

3r1c
Jan 4, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hello.Sorry to hear about you problem with the rappies.They are a real pain arent they?Tell you the truth i havent even found a blue rappy and i couldnt even hit the yellow one lol.would you be intersested in play a little wi fi

Cruciarius
Jan 4, 2010, 01:45 PM
Once "killed", I think I've only managed to hit maybe 2 rappies, when they try to flee, from all the times I've found rappies. They are very evasive little birds.

Opodomus
Jan 4, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hello.Sorry to hear about you problem with the rappies.They are a real pain arent they?Tell you the truth i havent even found a blue rappy and i couldnt even hit the yellow one lol.would you be intersested in play a little wi fi

I would but I'm at work :D

Tizerak
Jan 4, 2010, 02:39 PM
if you're a hunter equip a sword, and when you hear their get up noise swing, I hit em all the time now

Vayne
Jan 4, 2010, 02:46 PM
Here's a little trick the works for me! When you're waiting for one to wake up charge a PA and let it loose as soon as they wake. It seems to lock on to them and hit them!

chibiLegolas
Jan 4, 2010, 03:13 PM
Once I had rappies spawned in a room full of spike traps. And noticed that I got exp. for them if they ran away (over them). But like you, I have yet to master the timing of hitting them when they got back up.

Rayvinh
Jan 4, 2010, 03:19 PM
I find that using a Gunblade's gun hit's them most of the time if you're the right distance away from them.

Jeefa
Jan 4, 2010, 03:44 PM
Wow ChibiLegolas that was really lucky, huh? I just spam PAs and hope they hit, which they usually do

Pavichokche
Jan 4, 2010, 07:45 PM
I heard that holding X to lock on and shooting them with mech guns works really well but I can't seem to get it to work (maybe I'm just stupid).

To lock on you press the L button, not X. That's probably the reason why it didn't work out :D I've done it with mech guns and it locked on and I got at least two hits on it !!!

Ascensius
Jan 4, 2010, 08:43 PM
Do you get anything for hitting them when they get back up?

pso_crash
Jan 4, 2010, 09:05 PM
A bunch of extra exp.

Jan 4, 2010, 09:16 PM
You can hit them more than once after they get back up right? I think I have before, but maybe I'm imagining things. Maybe if you time laser cannons correctly, they'll keep running into the beam? I think I'll test it next time I get a rappy spawn.

Ascensius
Jan 4, 2010, 09:18 PM
A bunch of extra exp.

Well there's something I wish I knew earlier.

Pavichokche
Jan 4, 2010, 10:17 PM
You can hit them more than once after they get back up right? I think I have before, but maybe I'm imagining things. Maybe if you time laser cannons correctly, they'll keep running into the beam? I think I'll test it next time I get a rappy spawn.

The thing is that they always run off in a random direction, and you never know... if you were to get lucky though...

A bunch of extra exp.

To be precise, with every hit you land, you get as much EXP as you did when you killed it... instantaneously, just like that !!! It's really cool ! :D

Raxxon_Ironis
Jan 5, 2010, 10:03 AM
I don't know how you guys are getting multiple hits as they run off, but I can reliably hit them once with Zonde pretty much no matter what. What are y'all using to hit them more than once?

Dnd
Jan 5, 2010, 10:43 AM
Found a rappy nest in hard-mode, put zonde on the action pallate and hit maybe 4/10 of them (focused on getting the boosted rab [love ;<] rappy, gave me like 2k exp iirc)... first time i had rappy experence... the npcs helped hit one or two i think ;p

I would imagine a sword would be perfect for hitting them, but maybe ata would be an issue

chibiLegolas
Jan 5, 2010, 04:18 PM
From my spiked trap room experience, I KNOW it's possible to gain extra exp. more than once from EACH rappy. The trick of course, is how to hit them twice.

My point is, it's NOT like the game's programmed for you to only gain extra exp. once per each rappy once they got up. It's programmed as to per hit.

barnacleez
Jan 5, 2010, 04:36 PM
Reverse kill works for hitting them multiple times if they're running directly opposite from you, or just once if they run left, right, or towards your position. Hard to judge where they're gonna run to...

Jan 5, 2010, 04:45 PM
I never actually hit one more than once myself, but I noticed that if a fleeing rappy gets hit by an NPC, or runs over a spike trap, I get some extra experiece (this is after I have already hit it once after it wakes up).