PDA

View Full Version : Force vs Humilias?

Cruciarius
Jan 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
I've searched here, but can't seem to find a guide about forces vs Humilias (everyone's favorite boss). Granted I'm only in hard, he's KO-ing me in one hit, if I don't avoid his lasers fast enough. Plus, being out of scape dolls, isn't helping.

Even tried equipping ice resist units, like other threads said to do, but it's not helping vs his freezing.

In normal, I took him down easily, using zonde. He seems to be a bit more resistant to it in hard though. Tried megid too, but that did even less damage.

Any tips on what technique to use?

Lyra
Jan 4, 2010, 04:38 PM
Not ice resist... get an ice protect. It's from hard mode Rioh Snowfield from those 4 boxes at the end when you kill the 'bosses.'

Hmm for my force, I've been using a good slicer (but a wand would work well too) and a 100 ATA mag for most of the bosses.

FOrulz
Jan 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
Ice resist reduces ice damage while Ice protect prevents freezing.

Inn3rfury
Jan 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
What I usually do is hide behind his legs. Basically You can avoid his lazers all together if your behind him. What I also do is keep a nice Machine % Rod or Slicer on hand (Heart effect Preferred) And get in quick hits. And lastly I spam the Crap outta zonde on him. He falls on his Knees and I attack the Head.

But if you search around more I'm sure you'll find a better explained strategy.

Cruciarius
Jan 4, 2010, 04:40 PM
Ah... ok. Maybe I should end this mission then and go find myself one or two of those ice protects then. That would also allow me to possibly pick up higher lvl tech disks as well, if I'm lucky.

I'm more of a tech only force... I don't have a good slicer to use right now anyway.

Lyra
Jan 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
You'll only need one ice protect (it's 100% freeze immunity). It can take a few runs to get one though. I think it took me around 10 runs to find mine.

Try a wand with the PA magical sign. That should be easier to come by then a slicer.

Cruciarius
Jan 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
Well I didn't imagine I'd find it in one run. I'd prefer more than one anyway, for my other characters.

FOrulz
Jan 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
I don't recommend slicers for Humilias since the extra distance gives him room to shoot you. Either attacking with a close range weapon or tech spamming between his legs/behind him is the best strategy.

rhubarbot
Jan 4, 2010, 04:58 PM
Here's what Humilias does and how to counter what he does using a Force.

Humilias' pattern is rather simple, but it's hard to figure out because he tends to kill you rather easily in H and SH. But he always does the same things, and once you have it down you can beat him flawlessly.

Basically, he has a Movement Phase and an Attack Phase.

Movement Phase: Humilias begins emitting white jet exhaust from his legs, and then begins to slide around the room in a semicircular fashion.

- During this time, it is essential to try to keep as close to Humilias as possible. Try to anticipate where he is moving and just stay right underneath him. If he zooms away from you and begins entering his attack phase, keep running toward him and wait until the last possible moment to hit evade and tumble under his legs.

Attack Phase: Humilias stops emitting white jet exhaust and stands in one place for a moment, then fires his Ice Laser, his Slow Laser, and slices with his sword, targeting only those players in a wide cone in front of him.

- Right when Humilias stops moving, get behind him and stay behind him. Watch him attack the NPCs or any players still caught in front of him.

- Pound away at him with Razonde. Just keep charging Zonde and releasing it into him as fast as you can.

- Razonde will do massive DPS to him because it will quickly and repeatedly multi-hit every hittable point on his body. It will make him kneel down one or more times per attack phase, and then will hit several other body points for added damage, including his head (which is especially weak to attacks).

Just keep doing this and he will die eventually.

Two exceptions:

1. He will occasionally transform into his components, which fly around the room invincible for a period of time.

- These are pretty easy to avoid and you can easily just take the hits and use Resta.

- During this time I recast Shifta, use fluids, etc.

2. The floor tiles will sometimes turn red and begin to flash while all of the above is happening. There's a safe spot in the floor that you can go to and not get hit from the inevitable floor-attack.

- It's vastly more important to avoid Humilias than to avoid the middling damage from the floor tiles. The former will very likely kill you if he gets a single combo off, and the latter is just a nuisance. Prioritize accordingly.

3. When you kill him, he will split in two, fly around the room and self-destruct.

- Just mash Resta at appropriate intervals and you'll be fine.

Good spells to have for this fight other than Resta, Zonde, and Shifta:

- Anti (removing status effects is very helpful) or Sol Atomizer (even better, if you don't care about rezzing)
- Jellen (makes it so you can survive a combo on SH mode)
- Zalure (actually noticeably increases your damage, especially on SH mode)

Have fun!

pso_crash
Jan 4, 2010, 05:11 PM
Not ice resist... get an ice protect. It's from hard mode Rioh Snowfield from those 4 boxes at the end when you kill the 'bosses.'

Hmm for my force, I've been using a good slicer (but a wand would work well too) and a 100 ATA mag for most of the bosses.

Why do people keep suggestin ATA for bosses. Most bosses, exluding mini bosses, have only one point of evasion. you don't want ATA for boss fights. just focus on overpowering them. seriously

Edit: because octo only has 1 evasion point too.

mid Knight
Jan 4, 2010, 05:34 PM
I highly reccommend debuffing him since it may a whole different from ohko to taking the hits (but not too much) if you unable to get underneath his crotch in time (lol sorry I had to say it). Also once you defeated him, he will kamikase on you (his lower part get destory but his upper part revert back to it componet and chase after you and explode so watch out for that.

Cruciarius
Jan 5, 2010, 12:42 AM
I don't really need tips on fighting him. It's his freezing and lack of scape dolls that gets me.

Anyway, still hunting for that ice protect... lvl 60 now. Started the hunt around lvl 53-ish.

Macman
Jan 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
Well if you stay under him at all times, you won't be frozen.

FOrulz
Jan 5, 2010, 09:39 AM
Anyway, still hunting for that ice protect... lvl 60 now. Started the hunt around lvl 53-ish.

I'm sure you can find a trade for one since it's only a five star item ;-)

Cruciarius
Jan 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure if I have anything of real value, due to only being into hard.

Never traded with anyone before either... well, I did give some things to someone, but it wasn't a trade trade.

FOrulz
Jan 5, 2010, 11:09 AM
I can trade you mine for some photon drops or mats if you'd like. I also mispoke, ice protect is a 6* item.

Cruciarius
Jan 5, 2010, 11:28 AM
I can trade you mine for some photon drops or mats if you'd like. I also mispoke, ice protect is a 6* item.

Oh? Well I have...

368 Photon Drops
43 HP materials
16 PP materials
24 Guard materials
12 Hit materials
17 Swift materials

Power and mind materials I've been using as I found them... I know, those are the popular two. ^^;

If we can work out a deal, that would be great. Gonna run Snowfields some more now though, so maybe I'll get lucky today...

kirtblue
Jan 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
you shouldnt have too much trouble with this go get ice protect you can find it pretty easy ive found like 8 without trying stick with zonde when when you face him also when he starts to move charge zonde if you time this right you can hit both his legs with razonde and get between his legs before he can hit you with his lasers

edit make sure your at full health after you beat him

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 07:30 PM
I made a topic earlier praising the benefits of Jellen. Try keeping it on Humilias and see if that doesn't make taking a hit from him easier.

Cruciarius
Jan 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
I've already beaten him, thanks to a certain someone lending me an ice protect, since I ran snowfields over a dozen times, without any luck finding my own.

With the ice protect, I was able to easily beat Humilias.

Anyway, I've been done with him for a while and now into super hard.

Also, as far as Jellen, it's not worth it. I tried casting it on him, but it only lasted a few seconds.

Efreet
Jan 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
I had the same problem around your time, in the end while searching (without results) for an ice protect in the snowfield i leveled enough for doing it without problems with razonde spamming.

Macman
Jan 10, 2010, 05:47 AM
The funny thing is that even if I had an ice protect, it wouldn't save me. Humilias's beam spam doesn't knock my RAcast down :x

FoMarlBorough
Jan 10, 2010, 10:30 AM
yeah, pretty much what has been stated above.

i use a rod with rodeo drive and camp between his legs, even just a little behind him. the problems arise when you cant keep up with him. it seems he 'runs' faster when he is lower on hp and on sh mode. i dont bother with attack techs anymore, just a good zalure rod w/ rodeo drive. a wand with magical sign works as well but stay further behind cause if you end up in front during the pa, you can take some dmg.

the floor is evaded by waiting in one spot till the last second and rolling to a not glowing spot. resist the urge to run around causing all the tiles to glow.

slicers only kinda work if you are behind and to the side so his legs are lined up and you can hit both, but i prefer rods/wands.

also after you kill him...RUN!/ROLL! he can get you as he goes down.

i dont bother with ice/stun protect cause i dont have them. i beat humilias, on average, on sh, about 8/9 times out of ten.

hope this helps.