PDA

View Full Version : JP PSP Question for bravers out there

THOTH
Jan 5, 2010, 01:38 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering what braver race/gender your using, level all that...and also a few questions...

1. How are you using yours? What weapons do you use and what abilities?

2. Do you feel like your overall usefulness is on par with other classes? Are you happy with your decision?

3. How useful is your evasion? How often are you evading do you think?

4. Any pointers?

Thanks!

Sorry this is for PSP2, I dunno what I was thinking when I selected japanese PSP...

Izuna
Jan 5, 2010, 07:19 AM
LV200 Human Male
1. How are you using yours? What weapons do you use and what abilities?
I use the same weapons when I use the Hunter class:
Sword, Double Saber, Claw, Shield, Rifle, and Rod. The Abilities I use change from time to time, but I mostly try to use Full Charge, Professional, Freeze/Stun Resist and PP Restore. And ofcourse, the trap boosting one.

2. Do you feel like your overall usefulness is on par with other classes? Are you happy with your decision?
I don't mind about my decision because you can change class any time you want. I mostly use Braver because of the EX Traps and better ATA for guns.

3. How useful is your evasion? How often are you evading do you think?
Do you mean the Just Counter? I hardly ever see it, I dodge and block most attacks in this game.

4. Any pointers?
Use EX Traps and make sure you keep something for resta and shooting bosses. Other than that, the Twin Claws/Daggers and Double Sabers are great because they raise the chain to 1 after a single normal attack. Using a PA and making the chain 2 will give you the boost you need, anything below 2 chain is pretty much garbage. ^^'

Reikon
Jan 5, 2010, 12:55 PM
Lvl 40 Female Newman Braver (6)
1. Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Wands, Madoogs, Sabers, Shields, Whips, Slicers, Bows, Cards, maybe something I missed. I play like a wartecher that chains fast.
2. Well, I keep everyone alive and well with heals and buffs enough to see "ありがとう" spamming. Even as a newman, it seems like I can at least tank enough for forces to stay alive. Of course, my braver is a bit low so I don't know how well she will fair later on but at least she can handle lvl 65 missions decently.
3. I threw everything into defense, like my hunter main. Tenora works and Yohmei armor all the way, fuck GRM balanced bullshit. You can just strafe away from techs and block too, of course.

4. Twin daggers have a 7 hit standard combo that's wicked fast. Take advantage of that. Like Izuna said, EX traps are great, if not a little too good.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 5, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'd like to know something. Is it better to have a Male Human Braver or a Female Newman Braver or does it not matter at all?

THOTH
Jan 5, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry I misread entirely.

Umm female newman bravers are really well suited for gun teching, whereas human males are better suited for a blend of tech/melee.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fspoiler.sakura.ne.jp%2Fsrv%2Fpsp2%2 Findex.php%3F%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2583%2586%25E3%2 583%25BC%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2582%25B9&sl=ja&tl=en

Reikon
Jan 5, 2010, 11:13 PM
I'd like to know something. Is it better to have a Male Human Braver or a Female Newman Braver or does it not matter at all?

If you care about stats, take Thoth's advice. Personally, I just play my braver so that I can use weapons and PAs I normally don't use on my other characters. Just make whatever race/gender combo you want because your playstyle is all that really matters. The only strike I have against being a newman braver is that their Light mirage is disgustingly terrible on it's own.

THOTH
Jan 6, 2010, 12:48 AM
Reikon yeah absolutely, it's interesting to hear that your female braver newman is working for you with melee. You really haven't noticed the "third best evasion in the game" though huh? That's interesting.

But yes... I think the best way to go about PSP2 is if your familiar with all the weapon types and some basic gameplay mechanics...pick your favorite weapons/play style and then build a character off of that. If your new to PSU/PSP picking a male or female human braver and playing it for a bit to see what gameplay you like the best...then building a character around that.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 6, 2010, 01:02 PM
Generally if I'm doing melee/techs I tend to go with buffs along with Ice type attacks (buff, frost, destroy). I hardly ever play Gunner/Tech.

THOTH
Jan 6, 2010, 02:31 PM
Waki hmm, a female beast braver may be your best one. They have the same tech use of male humans (PP, TP, PP regain) and much higher ATP...and little ability to use guns. If you still want a gun techer option, male human. If you want to be better at teching female human while retaining melee/gun.