PDA

View Full Version : human or newman force?

nickfurious
Jan 5, 2010, 04:09 AM
so currently im playing a 100 newman hunter a cast ranger and ofcourse my last spot is saved for a force so i was wondering which race is actually better for forces, humans with higher atp and hp/def or newmans with higher mst and pp regen?

Pokerealm
Jan 5, 2010, 04:29 AM
FOnewearl would be the best choice for heavy damage.
Remember the attack power of Forces is based on MST, not ATP.

I'd say FOnewearl would be the best option.

If you really want some variation, you could choose FOmar or FOmarl (I'd choose FOmar), as you don't have a Force, nor a Human.

This is just my opinion.
In the end, you'll be the person to choose.

Good luck ^_^

pso_crash
Jan 5, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I think FOmars edge out FOnewmans for damage with elemental spells, but FOnewmans can do more damage with megid and grants. Fomars heal better as well.

Edit:http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2605

FoMarlBorough
Jan 5, 2010, 07:51 AM
ive heard fomarls end up being the best slicer users cause of the higher ata. but im sure someone else has the math to prove/disprove it.

human= more mats, more customizable

newman= more tech, lower def/hp

think about how you wanna play long term and go from there. or pick whatever looks cool.

Macman
Jan 5, 2010, 08:27 AM
I would go with a FOmar/l just for the sake of getting the human story quests done.

Ysi
Jan 5, 2010, 09:28 AM
FOnewearl recieves a 25% damage increase to megid and a 30% bonus to resta. FOmarl recieves a 25% damage increase to grants and a 30% bonus to resta. FOmar recieves a 20% damage bonus to Foie, Barta, and Zonde.
FOnewm recieves a 15% damage bonus to all spells but 30% reduction to resta.

As someone who plays a FOnewm and has contemplated going FOnewearl, I would choose FOnewm. The 25% damage increase to megid is great, but only really useful for the first level of Dark Shrine depending on how many offensive spells you like to equip. And there are areas where megid just sucks, i.e. Paru. Fonewms have bonuses spread across all of their spells meaning they naturally outdamage their counterparts because it is impossible to spam the same spell throughout Super Hard. That megid you were blowing up all the zones in Hard mode will do 0 damage against certain mobs in Super Hard. If you plan to play support online, I would go with FOnewearl or FOmarl for the resta bonuses. If you like to incorporate melee, the human forces might be a better choice. Forces can utilize the wand PA, Magical Sign, and the slicer PA, Bright Sign, fairly well with a decent amount of accuracy.

The natural PP regen of FOnewmans is nice and the MST difference between FOmarl & FOnewearl is trivial even after applying the 20 extra materials that humans get. Grants is a solid spell but drains you of PP fast and doesn't have the utility of the vacuum effect gimegid offers.

rhubarbot
Jan 5, 2010, 11:20 AM
If you're interested in tech damage, just pick one of the male forces as Razonde is the only technique that does comparable damage to Magical Sign using a good wand.

In SH, though, unless you're in Arca Plant, many of the enemies will heavily resist Razonde, and you'll need to use Magical Sign to do optimal damage. Ergo, once you are in SH, there's not a whole lot of difference at all between the forces.

If anything, the humans' higher ATA helps a bit with Magical Sign, since ATA bonuses from photon arts don't seem to modify base ATA----only weapon ATA. Therefore, it is actually helpful to have the 50 or so extra ATA that humans come with for free.

The PP regen Newmans get is not terribly helpful at high levels. Either you're going to be spamming Magical Sign and barely use any PP anyway, or you're going to be spamming spells and burning through 1 or more full bars in a single room. Either way, the only thing that really matters is whether you can finish a level without needing to buy more mono/difluids, and PP regen just doesn't make nearly enough of an overall difference to matter. Tech Save 3 is far, far better.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 5, 2010, 06:42 PM
a question about wands...

is it better to have a max grinded rod for the mst it gives ot a maxed wand for the elemental bonus it gives. anyone got those numbers?

also with my fomarl, ive been experimenting with lvl 3 element slicers for inflicting status. works well on hard. spam megid to poison, then use a heat slicer. works good for the mothers and big hostiles. bosses get the jell/zalure slicers.

i dont have the ata yet for sh mode. any takes on this? i usually support more than nuke, so im guessing to maximize the slicers to maximize palette space.