PDA

View Full Version : Character Build Equipment and Item Rarity

Barri_kid
Jan 5, 2010, 08:25 PM
I am making a FOnewearl. Im thinking of getting her Rika's Suit and Fuumas Shuriken. She has a lvl 100 Mind mag and 80 Mind mats.
Also I am making a HUcast. Dont know equipts for that yet. I have a lvl 100 pow mag for him and 80 pow mats.

Ive been doing a few Super runs in the Dark Shrine and ive been getting at least a rare a room. Then again, the drops are Nathaniel's, so im figuring their low rares. Should I be that lucky in getting rares in each room? I mainly play PSOBB so rares arnt that rare.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 5, 2010, 08:42 PM
playing online boosts your odds.

also try th tower, ive heard it drops more rares.

look over in the drop charts page as well.

Barri_kid
Jan 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
ah, k
what would good stuff be for a FOnewearl? is rikas suit and the fuumas shuriken good?

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 5, 2010, 11:34 PM
If you're going to use Fuuma Shuriken on a FOnewearl then it would be best to equip Shinobi Suit. Rika's Suit is best equiped on a HUnewearl with Rika's Claw.
However, Fuuma Shuriken is extremely rare. I got lucky finding mine with decent %.

Barri_kid
Jan 6, 2010, 12:49 AM
Where do u find it? I didn't see it in the drop list

lavisblade
Jan 6, 2010, 12:51 AM
Fuuma Shuriken is from boosted Porels (uh...the red frogs I believe) I don't know if anywhere else drops, but I know they do...though chances are probably crap but what good item isn't? *cough* TWIN PSYCHO *cough*

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 6, 2010, 09:30 AM
Fuuma Shuriken is from boosted Porels (uh...the red frogs I believe) I don't know if anywhere else drops, but I know they do...though chances are probably crap but what good item isn't? *cough* TWIN PSYCHO *cough*

Kouga Shuriken drops from boosted Porel. Fuuma drops from boosted Garapython.

Pokerealm
Jan 6, 2010, 09:52 AM
Kouga Shuriken drops from boosted Porel. Fuuma drops from boosted Garapython.

Non-boosted version can drop them aswell.
The boosted mobs just increase the chance of finding it.

I found my Canon Bleu from a normal Arkzein, for example.

lavisblade
Jan 6, 2010, 10:15 AM
@Pokerealm: I knew that, but I was assuming the other person knew it as well...which, as I know think of it, was kidna stupid on my part. Thanks for adding that

@Zetsumei: Oh, lol, got it backwards...

Barri_kid
Jan 7, 2010, 10:12 PM
What would the drop rate be?

Ice Sniper
Jan 7, 2010, 10:19 PM
White shadow underneath the creature means its boosted. This also means its abit harder but has better drops.

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 8, 2010, 12:49 AM
Drop rates are unknown at this point.

rhubarbot
Jan 8, 2010, 02:02 PM
I am making a FOnewearl. Im thinking of getting her Rika's Suit and Fuumas Shuriken. She has a lvl 100 Mind mag and 80 Mind mats.
Also I am making a HUcast. Dont know equipts for that yet. I have a lvl 100 pow mag for him and 80 pow mats.

Ive been doing a few Super runs in the Dark Shrine and ive been getting at least a rare a room. Then again, the drops are Nathaniel's, so im figuring their low rares. Should I be that lucky in getting rares in each room? I mainly play PSOBB so rares arnt that rare.

Nobody knows what the drop rates are in this game, but with an embarrassingly large amount of playtime behind me I can safely say that truly good weapons/armor in this game are freaking rare. I don't even want to think about how many times I've run Valley/Snowfield/Eternal Tower in SH trying to find weapons for my Force or Hunter to use, without success.

For example, every maybe 4 or 5 Snowfield runs, I will find a Foie Haze, but it will have no element, or a level 2 element and no PA, or be utterly crappy in some other way. After dozens of Snowfield and many ET runs, I've never seen a single Alice Olivia drop, let alone one with good stats. And these aren't even truly rare (10 meseta) weapons.

That's not to say it's completely impossible to find a rare, though. I have found several Riverman Missouris (none good), a few Rika's Suits (none with 4 slots) and a couple days ago I found what is probably one of the best legit H44 handguns that will ever exist in this game. (Leveling up a RAcaseal as we speak.) But the nature of randomness is that it's.....random. You could get the most godly Fuuma in the game your first time in SH valley or never find one in 10 years of daily playing.

Point is, don't plan on having an uber-equipped character anytime even remotely soon. Organize your build around weapons you know you can actually find, and then if you're ever lucky enough to get what you really want, raise a new mag, use a reset material, whatever.

Barri_kid
Jan 9, 2010, 09:49 PM
That's not to say it's completely impossible to find a rare, though. I have found several Riverman Missouris (none good), a few Rika's Suits (none with 4 slots) and a couple days ago I found what is probably one of the best legit H44 handguns that will ever exist in this game. (Leveling up a RAcaseal as we speak.) But the nature of randomness is that it's.....random. You could get the most godly Fuuma in the game your first time in SH valley or never find one in 10 years of daily playing.

You mentioned things being legit, is there a way to have proof? I know im PSO ppl want screen shots of the rare before and after the teching. Here you cant really make a screen shot

White shadow underneath the creature means its boosted. This also means its abit harder but has better drops.

I think I made a mistake about my understanding earlier, I thought that the enemies have a better chance to drop boosted items. Like if an enemy has Fuuma Shuriken boosted, I thought that ment that the enemy is more likely to drop that item over the rest. What I think you are saying is that if the enemy has a white shadow, it has a better chance to drop that weapon. So kinda like my idea, only enemies with white shadow have a better chance to drop that wep