PDA

View Full Version : What?! 62% machine?!

EthanEde
Jan 6, 2010, 12:43 AM
so playing on wifi just now with players from this forum i had an Argares drop in the valley with 62% machine. I was under the impression that percents only went up to 50 before fortification. am I wrong or is this awesome?

lavisblade
Jan 6, 2010, 12:49 AM
Lol I thought that too because I found (don't remember what specifically) some spear with EXACTLY 50% NA and nothing else...apparently it's higher...while I'm posting and because I'm too lazy to check it out myself (yeah I know, shame on me XD ), isn't there a title for having a weapon with 50+%? I thought there was but I don't have it sooo...?

Cruciarius
Jan 6, 2010, 12:51 AM
Title for 60+%.

lavisblade
Jan 6, 2010, 12:51 AM
>.> Of course...I'll probably grind it or something...lol thanks

EthanEde
Jan 6, 2010, 01:19 AM
yeah i got the title already for foritfying to 60% plus, but i never knew you could find a 60% plus in the wild, after i for it it will be 77% machine

Assassin 45
Jan 6, 2010, 02:00 AM
So that's the reason you left abruptly. You had to brag about your new fancy weapon. lol Good work man.

Opodomus
Jan 6, 2010, 08:38 AM
I posted a thread a while ago where myself and a few others decided it was impossible to get above 50% naturally. All of our tests were in story mode play. Perhaps in wifi higher %'s are possible? Perhaps only enemy drops on wifi?

Anyone feel brave enough to do some additional tests? I would but I'm on floor 53 of the eternal tower and my DS is in standby at home until I finish work :)

Tizerak
Jan 6, 2010, 08:59 AM
Id roll with you but I dont get home till around 1:30ish EST
Sounds like an interesting experiment, if its true, then truly the best weapons come from wi-fi!
Hmm wonder if the wi-fi shops could produce >50% even though its only 5 star items at best would help the theory

Pokerealm
Jan 6, 2010, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't there be earlier reports of people finding 50%+ weapons if it was possible?
The US version was released almost 2 months ago.

Opodomus
Jan 6, 2010, 10:07 AM
I would agree with you Pokerealm except high %'s, while not terribly rare, are certainly not common. Add this to the fact that people probably don't check %'s unless the item is red, and add that to the fact that the vast majority of pso players probably don't come to this website, and I can see it happening.

Of course, the OP could be lying to get us all giddy and is laughing from what he thinks is the safety of his bedroom...

Pokerealm
Jan 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I just have my doubts, that's all.

I've found LOADS of 45+ weapons, and 50 aswell, but never anything above.
Isn't something about this in the manual?

Macman
Jan 6, 2010, 10:35 AM
Seems normal to me. I remember in PSO it was possible, but really rare to find anything above 50% from a drop.
After 50% the rates of higher %s would drop off immensely.

EthanEde
Jan 6, 2010, 10:52 AM
So that's the reason you left abruptly. You had to brag about your new fancy weapon. lol Good work man.

No I got that the round before we played. I had a "communication error" first one I have ever had qat home, usually my network is pretty solid, but the FiOs in my area is still pretty new and has its hiccups. Sorry about tthat.

I'll take some pictures of it when I get home from work tonight, though I don't expect anyone to take that as proof. All I can say is I am not a hacker, and hope that you all take my word for it. (If I was a hacker why would I still be maining an Edu Limit with only decent percenets?)

There are really four possibilities:

1 I am wrong, I read the percents wrong, I made a mistake

2 I am hacking, in which case I hacked a high percent on a weapon I don't want and that isn't prarticularly good.

3 It's a glitch, which would suck

4 high percents can be found, rarely, in the wild, which would be awesome

those possibilities are in order of likelyhood, and because in real life I pride myself as a skeptic I understand people being skeptical about it. I am no hacker though, most of you who have played with me can attest to that.

Assassin 45
Jan 6, 2010, 04:17 PM
IT seems weird to get over 50%. I'm pretty sure Ethan is no hacker. He dosen't have mad crazy high hitting wepons. Hell, he dosen't even have any moon atomizers. lol

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 6, 2010, 04:46 PM
I would agree with you Pokerealm except high %'s, while not terribly rare, are certainly not common. Add this to the fact that people probably don't check %'s unless the item is red, and add that to the fact that the vast majority of pso players probably don't come to this website, and I can see it happening.

Of course, the OP could be lying to get us all giddy and is laughing from what he thinks is the safety of his bedroom...

I always check percentages before selling/trunking. I've never seen 50+% though.

EthanEde
Jan 6, 2010, 07:22 PM
There are really four possibilities:

1 I am wrong, I read the percents wrong, I made a mistake

2 I am hacking, in which case I hacked a high percent on a weapon I don't want and that isn't prarticularly good.

3 It's a glitch, which would suck

4 high percents can be found, rarely, in the wild, which would be awesome

It turns out possibility 1- the one I gave the highest likehood to- was correct. I am and idiot. My twin brand has 62% machine after a fort and I was looking in the wrong collum. False alarm. Man I was having a crap night last night, not carrying moon atmos, misreading data, letting reyburn rape me...

Assassin 45
Jan 6, 2010, 07:32 PM
Good Times!

FOrulz
Jan 6, 2010, 09:05 PM
That's an awesome find ethanede. I guess I'll be grinding for my super rares online with hopes of high %'s then lol.

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 6, 2010, 11:52 PM
It turns out possibility 1- the one I gave the highest likehood to- was correct. I am and idiot. My twin brand has 62% machine after a fort and I was looking in the wrong collum. False alarm. Man I was having a crap night last night, not carrying moon atmos, misreading data, letting reyburn rape me...

Did it hurt?

Pokerealm
Jan 7, 2010, 06:15 AM
Hell yeah, I knew it wasn't possible xD
I actually really hoped it was possible though.

kirtblue
Jan 9, 2010, 07:09 PM
i dunno it sounds fishy to me

EthanEde
Jan 9, 2010, 07:26 PM
great job on reading the thread before you posted your opinion

Assassin 45
Jan 10, 2010, 05:23 AM
LOL LOL Too funny!