PDA

View Full Version : Making a HU, but what race?

george the greek
Jan 7, 2010, 11:30 AM
This is for my third and final character slot. My main is a RAmar and I don't want to delete him. My second slot is a FOmar which is appealing to me since I like the idea of a melee/magic hybrid. So for my third slot I want to make a HU but I can't pick the race.

My other two characters are humans, so I was thinking either CAST or newman for my HU. But I can't pick which. CASTs are appealing for high attack, defense, and HP, and using traps I think could be fun. CAST seems like a good choice for a HU, naturally. As for the newmans I'm mostly in the dark about how they play, besides knowing they have higher evasion but lower attack, defense, and HP than CASTs. And obviously the newmans can use techniques as well.

If anyone could shed some light on the two races and how they're different, I'd be very appreciative. I want to make a melee character, I'm just not sure which race. Ideologically I like both the big, strong melee fighter type (like a CAST) and the more agile melee fighter type (like the newman).

Tizerak
Jan 7, 2010, 11:55 AM
From personal experience I'd say make a CAST! I love my cast hunter Im glad I picked him first. For me I didnt want a tech using hunter because well they use mediocre techs and dont use the good ones like Megid (god Gimegid + OverHead/MillionRave bombing woulda been awesome) besides PAs do the "tech" damage I want and use PP anyway.
You see traps, which is nice as a melee you dont run into them since in SH they're all over the place.
You regen hp walking around and more standing still, sometimes ill be low hp after clearing a room and dont really wanna use a mate so ill go refill my drink and come back to full hp.
You don't have to worry about being poisoned, score!
Best physical stats as HUcast/caseal

Be a robot, you know you wanna!

Opodomus
Jan 7, 2010, 12:33 PM
I'd say go for CAST simply because the difference between cast and human is much greater than the difference between human and newman.

My hunter is a newman, but for you I recommend CAST.

george the greek
Jan 7, 2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for your input, guys. Another question: if I want to make a melee/magic hybrid class, FOmar or HUnewm, and why/what are the differences?

Opodomus
Jan 7, 2010, 02:59 PM
FOmar - can use level 15 techniques and can use all techniques but has weaker base stats
HUnewm - superior stats and access to better melee weapons

If you're using a force weapon, go FOmar. If you're using a hunter weapon, go HUnewm.

I don't have much experience, I'm just going off casual observations.

Evicous
Jan 7, 2010, 08:24 PM
As for which race you want for a HU, CAST if you want to use Traps/use normal attacks, NEWM if you want to cast spells/use PAs.

Can't say much for the FOmar or HUnewm argument.

george the greek
Jan 8, 2010, 01:41 AM
Thanks for all the help! Another question... what can you tell me about stat distribution (i.e. what to feed the mag, what materials to use, what to use armor slots for) for a hybrid melee/magic character (and still wondering about FOmar or HUnewm, though I might just make one of each and not have a CAST character...)

Cruciarius
Jan 8, 2010, 01:56 AM
Haven't gotten to Super Hard with anything other than a FOnewearl, but for earlier on, 99 power/1 into any stat seems to be good for hunters and rangers.

99 mind/1 into any stat for force.

Some users prefer 100 into power or mind.

I've heard in Super Hard, for hunters and rangers, you may want to make another mag with power/hit stats.

Raising a new mag isn't difficult though, since they cap at lvl 100.

EthanEde
Jan 8, 2010, 01:59 AM
for a cast hunter put all your mats into power, and raise multiple mags, You'll want high power early, High hit for when you first get super hard and are farming eq, and a mix of hit and power when your stats and eq improve.