PDA

View Full Version : Deciding What Class To Use

Jimfalconbarry
Jan 7, 2010, 05:12 PM
Ok hello everyone. I live in Ireland so PSZero will be released mid ferbruary. I just need help deciding what class to use. I want a male melee character who has skills or abilities(i have never played a PS before so I dont know if all or none have em, etc) I'm not an idiot so it won't matter how difficult they play,as I will get the hang of it, I just need info on the classes that match my description. Thanks in advance to all the answers :D

Ryna
Jan 7, 2010, 05:24 PM
If you want to emphasize the melee ability, look at these two classes:
HUmar - http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2591
HUnewm - http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2589

Both have access to techniques. If you would rather use techniques primarily, use this class:
FOmar - http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2585

Cruciarius
Jan 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sounds like you'd want a HUmar, HUcast or HUnewm then.
HUmar - male human, which can use techniques (spells).
HUnewm - male newmen, which can also use techniques, but has PP regen ability (it's slow), but also has less attack power.
HUcast - no techniques, but can use traps and is the strongest, as far as attack power.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 7, 2010, 05:41 PM
you get three slots to make characters so you can make one of each race if you wish.

ill break it down as simply as i can.

the characters are fairly customizable. for a person who has never played before:

pick a hucast/hucaseal if you want to melee. pretty straightforward. they get decent attack, hp and defence. no magic but they get some traps which, while weakened in this pso, they are good to use. through play you will find which weapons and photon arts you like best. photon arts are special moves linked to the weapon.

for rangers, i suggest racast. gets the most attack of the rangers. rangers were kinda nerfed this time around.

if you wanna use magic i suggest a fomar, they are the most durable of the forces. they have weaker magic, but at higher levels arent as likely to get killed in one hit.
now for using forces, you can nuke monsters with magic or support your party(specially if playing online, for the solo missions you will have to pull your own weight) if you nuke, find the spell that works best against the monsters in the level you are in. overall- lightning works best when in doubt. plus fomars get a bonus to the 3 basic attack magics.

you get a few areas to tweak your character to what you want.
you get a mag to feed and it will add to your stats, many players have a few different mags to switch between.

you get 80-100 points to distribute between the various attributes, but you have to find/buy the items that do this.

armor can have a maximum of four slots which you can equip with stat boosting items or items that provide a few different effects.

really just think what you want to do and go from there.-smash monsters,nuke monsters,support party, or something in between. in the beginning focus only on one thing to make it easier.

also, save photon drops and grinders for later. they dont mean as much in the beginning unless you already have a couple hundred of them.

oh, and if its too much to decide upon, pick which ever class you think looks coolest. just read the forums on how people get them to work and you will be fine.

hope this helps.

Jimfalconbarry
Jan 9, 2010, 09:12 AM
Wow, thanks for the replies everyone. I'm sure they will help. I will research these classes and decide which one I like the best. Thanks