PDA

View Full Version : Force tech question

Cruciarius
Jan 7, 2010, 09:08 PM
I've been experience something odd with my FOnewearl. Her techs don't seem to hit often... I know techs are supposed to either dela dmg or not deal dmg, not miss, but when I cast techs, sometimes nothing at all comes up.

Example: I'm trying to do hard tower right now. Tried casting zonde and foi on hostiles. The tech cast fine, with it hitting where the hostile is, but no damage amount shows and no, the hostile isn't moving. :-?

ARChan
Jan 7, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hmm... Something like this happens when I'm using projectiles in the tower. Tell me something: Is Ogi in your group? When he uses his Laser Cannon, for some reason when he connects with the enemy, your shots will go straight through the enemy. I've been wondering if this applies to techs as well.

Cruciarius
Jan 7, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah, Ogi is with me, but this happens to me in any area... and Ogi is usually with me.

I think it's even happened to me with groups on WiFi too though, but not 100% sure on that.

So should maybe I not have them on Safety First? He'd switch his weapon to another gun, if I do Attack All Out. Gonna try that.

ARChan
Jan 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hmm. Laser Cannons are rather glitchy when going offline. For sure, if you're having Ogi use his cannon, go slash up the enemies. That's the way I've been working around the glitch. And I've yet to check it online, since there's a lot of jackasses on Free Play who'd much rather go Force or Hunter because of their outputs on massive damage with their damn Milias Breaker or 500+ damage Rafoie on Eulids.

Cruciarius
Jan 7, 2010, 09:29 PM
I've met a few nice people on Free Play, but most do seem to just rush through to the boss. Heck, I've encountered some who skip the little crates and just grab what the big chest drops.

Anyway, trying it with "Attack all out!" tactics and I've not encountered that strange glitch with my techs again. Once I get that 50 missions with Ogi title done, I'm never inviting him again. lol

ARChan
Jan 7, 2010, 09:42 PM
All you have to do with him is not use "Safety first" or "Keep your distance" when you're going to use a projectile. Otherwise, he's really good at what he does. Haha!

Macman
Jan 8, 2010, 07:36 AM
The same applies to techs if Sarisa is spamming the same enemy with you.

The only downside is that if you pick "Free Combat," or "Attack All Out," Sarisa won't heal as much.

Cruciarius
Jan 8, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'd actually prefer her to resta/anti the group more, rather than me doing it. If she can keep the group alive, for the most part, I can focus on attacking.

Tizerak
Jan 8, 2010, 10:20 AM
I think Ogi is the weakest character, damage doesn't count its all about their abilities:
Sarisa = heals/anti/nukes with barta alot for freezing
Kai = heals, shiftas, think sometimes will rezz, burn
Reeve = heals himself, can be melee or ranged, stuns with lightning, rarel group heals
Ogi = DUR DUR SHOOT THINGS FOR 8 DAYMUGE LAWL

Cruciarius
Jan 8, 2010, 11:18 AM
Ogi has even killed me before, by shooting those red explosive crates, while I was near one.

Once I get the 50 quests title with him, I'm not inviting him anymore. lol

Heck, I think when I've gotten all the titles, the only NPCs I'd bother taking would be Sarisa and Reeve.

Tizerak
Jan 8, 2010, 11:22 AM
Yup I forgot that little fun fact too on my Hunter running around strategicaly avoiding traps/bomb boxes and all the sudden one blows up in my face and kills me or does half health. /yell "Damnit Ogi!"

Macman
Jan 8, 2010, 11:35 AM
Heck, I think when I've gotten all the titles, the only NPCs I'd bother taking would be Sarisa and Reeve.What about Kai? Unless you can supply your own shifta/deband...

Cruciarius
Jan 8, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well I am a FOnewmearl, so I could. Though to be honest, I see no damage difference with or without shifta on, when using techs, so I don't bother with it.

Kai... he just annoys me, when he talks. lol

ARChan
Jan 8, 2010, 12:29 PM
What I have against each of the NPCs are these:

Sarisa is stupid enough to use techs on an enemy at close range. This makes it even more ridiculous when she uses Barta on an enemy that's next to a Burn Trap. Also, she delays in using Alanti until the effect of the status changer is about to wear off. Bubble-chat lines are annoying! "Don't do anything crazy!" The hell! You're using Barta on a Burn Trap!

Kai tends to run off to where the enemies are grouped. "Don't go off on your own" my ass! He uses Alanti when the status changer when it is about to wear off. Also, he has the cheesiest bubble-chat lines.

Ogi only works well in "Keep your distance" and "Attack all out", which all of the other NPCs are not good at apparently. He likes to run off a little ways and say "Are you trying to make me angry?" Also, there's the Laser Cannon glitch.

Reve mostly uses Resta and Anti rather than Alresta and Alanti unless you put "Safety First". Also, he likes to talk a lot. "Ngh. Is that supposed to hurt?"

rhubarbot
Jan 8, 2010, 02:06 PM
They all like to talk way too much. Especially when you're in the tower and a pair of Arkhzeins are shooting missiles at you—they love to completely obscure the missiles with their chat bubbles warning you that a powerful enemy is in the room. (Thanks guys! I didn't notice!)

I wish there was an NPC command that would turn off their chat bubbles entirely.