PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Celeb

Tizerak
Jan 7, 2010, 09:08 PM
I havent actually used a Celeb weapon yet though I hear they're good Im just trying to understand it before I use it.
I hear it works on every attack and not a proc like other elements?
Does it work on PAs or just regular attacks?
Is the damage increase based on total ATP (or MST if force) or just weapon damage like the enemy type %'s?

Vayne
Jan 7, 2010, 09:40 PM
It activates on every hit as long as you have enough meseta.
It works on PA's.
It works off the base ATP/MST like other bonuses.
It's the best element ever.

Tizerak
Jan 7, 2010, 10:01 PM
Wow that is awesome
Well what I mean is does the celeb increase your total MST/ATP damage from gear + base or is it like if you had 15% to Native on a weapon but that 15% only affects your weapons ATP/MST not total.

Macman
Jan 8, 2010, 07:57 AM
I think it's just a % bonus to your overall damage. At least I noticed about a 10% damage increase when I added Celeb lv1 to my mechgun.

Opodomus
Jan 8, 2010, 10:33 AM
Also note that celeb takes meseta on a per hit basis. So if you do you huge smack with a sword you lose x meseta, or if you do a quick triple hit with daggers you lose 3x meseta. Basically, unless you're filthy rich and really don't care, it's better to use heavy hitting weapons with celeb.

Tizerak
Jan 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
Well I worked to get the million meseta achievement for a bit and now that ive hit a million I cant get under it :O so might as well make a celeb weapon or 2 XD

EthanEde
Jan 8, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have a level 5 celeb Stromer (saber) I don't really notice the 70 meseta loss per hit. Now moving to a level 4 hadan bite boosted to level 5 kind of scares me, because it does so many more hits per combo, but really selling off the 0 slot armors I seem to find constantly should keep me floating at even.

Vayne
Jan 8, 2010, 11:28 AM
On super hard you should be making more than enough meseta, even solo, to still being making a profit with high celeb and multi hit weapons.

rhubarbot
Jan 8, 2010, 02:13 PM
I use a Hadan on my Hunter (it's the only good 7-star Hunter weapon I have). I spam Bite Stamp like there's no tomorrow. And I still end up making gobs of Meseta. So trust me, you'll be ok. :)

Hero-Break
Jan 8, 2010, 06:32 PM
The way the cleb element works is that it increases the damage you see ONSCREEN by the % of the element lv. So if If you see 100 damage pop up on screen, cleb lv 5 (At 50%) will do 150 damage.

Tizerak
Jan 12, 2010, 08:08 PM
Reviving this thread for a minute because I've run into something that is driving me nuts.
Ok 2 weapons both max grinded a Loneos with lvl 1 celeb and a Sky Survey with lvl 3 celeb. They are both doing so much of the same damage I can't tell them apart (Ive been running through watching the damage I do from normal hits on Krose in Plant since they're both 0% machine) and it makes no sense to me it brings me back to how Celeb actually affects damage.

Couple people in this post have said different things regarding how Celeb deals damage and Im hoping to find a definitive answer before I go do something like run off and get a naked SKy Survey and a Sky Survey with lvl 1 element to turn into Celeb and test all 3.

Does Celeb:
a. Affect on screen damage
b. Weapon damage
c. Base (mats + mag) attack stat damage (ATP/MST)
d. Total attack stat damage (weapon + base)