PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 New DL Missions (1/13/2010)

velocity7
Jan 8, 2010, 09:11 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/network/dlmission/

Have your Photon Boosters ready next week, because Part 2 of Bruce's trading mission will be released then! Replica outfits for Karen, Maya, and Hyuga (from PSU) will all be available!

Also, the PSO Forest mission, along with the PSO Dragon boss, will also feature as a multiplayer-only mission!

REIA-1
Jan 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
I wonder if they will release Rogue Ethan's suit in the future? XD

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2010, 10:08 AM
Finally they announce it, we knew this for weeks! I was expecting it to be the update this week but oh well... Its pretty sweet we get PSU replica outfits!

ashley50
Jan 8, 2010, 10:31 AM
nice nice :P

Manisevi
Jan 8, 2010, 10:34 AM
so just go on psp2 official site on psp2 to get these new DL missions or what? and its installs it for you?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2010, 10:41 AM
You can just connect to Internet Multi Mode and it will automatically download the newest update if you don't have it. You can do it manually by selecting Official Website on the main menu of PSP2 if you wish though.

GULD&MILLA
Jan 8, 2010, 12:20 PM
Can someone please let me in on what photon boosters are?

GeoSword
Jan 8, 2010, 03:42 PM
I wonder if they will release Rogue Ethan's suit in the future? XD

If you mean the Coat that says "PUNISHMENT" on the straps, then yeah that's one of the outfits that will be available.

H-Hanzo
Jan 8, 2010, 03:58 PM
Also, the PSO Forest mission, along with the PSO Dragon boss, will also feature as a multiplayer-only mission!

COOL :D

Boxblaster
Jan 8, 2010, 04:26 PM
These missions can be played offline as well,I hope?

Manisevi
Jan 8, 2010, 06:25 PM
You can just connect to Internet Multi Mode and it will automatically download the newest update if you don't have it. You can do it manually by selecting Official Website on the main menu of PSP2 if you wish though.would it work if I go to the official site and download the mission and it'll will be install automatically or u have to do it manually?

CHOX
Jan 8, 2010, 09:27 PM
Does this mean the Forest won't be a Rare Mission?

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 02:25 AM
Ye GOD bruce is ugly.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 02:29 AM
These missions can be played offline as well,I hope?
you should be able to play it on multi-mode offline yes.

and good thing I haven't spent booster to common guardian outfit, I might get Karen outfit instead.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2010, 05:39 AM
and good thing I haven't spent booster to common guardian outfit, I might get Karen outfit instead.

Well now when we have a normal DL mission with Flame Emporer, that dare I say might actually be fun, getting Photon Boosters shouldn't be a problem really. :)

Illuminate
Jan 9, 2010, 11:56 AM
Well now when we have a normal DL mission with Flame Emporer, that dare I say might actually be fun, getting Photon Boosters shouldn't be a problem really. :)

Is it gonna have photon boosters, though? :/

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 12:06 PM
Is it gonna have photon boosters, though? :/

usually DL mission has it, but the problem is that this mission is multi-mode only, so u fight enemy harder.

Illuminate
Jan 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
For photon boosters, I'd do anything. D: Almost...

Anyway! Isn't it the 13th in Japan now...? :/

-Doesn't have the DL data, and downloaded the DL- -Cries- ;.;

Mike
Jan 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
For photon boosters, I'd do anything. D: Almost...

Anyway! Isn't it the 13th in Japan now...? :/

-Doesn't have the DL data, and downloaded the DL- -Cries- ;.;

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/support/maintenance_20100113/

There will be server maintenence to add the new quest from 2pm to 3pm Japan time today. So change that to your time and you'll see when the download quests will be available.

Illuminate
Jan 12, 2010, 08:15 PM
Ahh, ok. o.o Thanks Mike.

Edit: When will it be available from the site?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 12, 2010, 09:46 PM
Whoa. Sweet update. :D

shade
Jan 12, 2010, 10:02 PM
When will it be available from the site?At 3pm JST too. At 2pm, Sega will take down the download content website (http://www.sega-psp2.jp/pc/), and it'll be back at the end of the maintenance.

xBladeM6x
Jan 13, 2010, 01:22 AM
The update is up. :D

BioWarrior
Jan 13, 2010, 01:52 AM
Mission is dissapointingly short and I'm not sure why it's even 2 blocks.... It's like they decided to take 2 rooms and put the second in block 2 to set you up for dissapointment.

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 02:46 AM
Short? Any chance you can get Photon Boosters from it...?
Also, I recently downloaded the new package, is it internet multi-mode only? The mission? Cause I can't access it from multi-mode.

xBladeM6x
Jan 13, 2010, 02:47 AM
Mission is dissapointingly short and I'm not sure why it's even 2 blocks.... It's like they decided to take 2 rooms and put the second in block 2 to set you up for dissapointment.
I'm sure the backlash they get from the JP community will make them learn to do DL missions better. ;P

Also, at least when played on S you have a good way to get Photon Boosters. :-P (Also the mission is Multimode only. It's in the event missions category and is the last mission on the list)

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 02:49 AM
I'm sure the backlash they get from the JP community will make them learn to do DL missions better. ;P

Also, at least when played on S you have a good way to get Photon Boosters. :-P (Also the mission is Multimode only. It's in the event missions category and is the last mission on the list)

So now playing it offline, in multi-mode?
You have to have internet multimode?

Arika
Jan 13, 2010, 02:51 AM
new mission is too short. much shorter than expected.
enemy level aren't high too, may be it is made as easiest mission to kill Dragon.

xBladeM6x
Jan 13, 2010, 02:53 AM
So now playing it offline, in multi-mode?
You have to have internet multimode?
I mean't you have to play Multimode, either on the regular Multimode or Internet. Either one works. -_-

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 02:56 AM
I didn't see it in the normal multimode. :/ I deleted my old DL data, went to import, went to the third option down, then went to multi-mode=no mission. Only DL mission I had was the fanta one. x.x

xBladeM6x
Jan 13, 2010, 02:58 AM
Don't know what to tell you then. o.O It should be under the Fanta mission.

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 03:01 AM
Oh... You have to have the title update.
My DL folder is this...

NPJH90062DL

And my game's folder is this...
NPJH90062

So, apparently I need the title update, cause my DL folder should be...

NPJH50043DL

According to the website. So, yeah, there goes that.

Edit: Nevermind. x.x I'm stupid.

90062 is the demo. :/

My stupid savedata folder is arranged retardedly. xD

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 07:16 AM
The new mission does give photon boosters occasionally for B-rank and above. It also gives out photon codes in S-rank as well apparently.

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 07:38 AM
Photon Codes? o.o What're those?

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 07:44 AM
I dunno, I've never gotten one yet.

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 08:07 AM
Could they possibly mean extend codes? That'd be super hot! xD

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 08:16 AM
No, they don't.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 13, 2010, 09:13 AM
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate now and tell you both of the reasons why this is a good mission. :)

1) It's the first mission where you can farm Photon Boosters easily (and without falling asleep) and the way its going Photon Boosters and Photon Codes are going to only get more useful as more DL missions come out.

2) It's a way for people to fight Dragon with other people without playing C mode or having to wait for the incredibly rare urgent mission to pop up. Seeing as they basically advertised the game with Dragon they can't have it incredibly hard to fight him whenever you want.

I agree its a crazy short, but don't look past its uses so quickly, it has some!

evange
Jan 13, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate now and tell you both of the reasons why this is a good mission. :)

1) It's the first mission where you can farm Photon Boosters easily (and without falling asleep) and the way its going Photon Boosters and Photon Codes are going to only get more useful as more DL missions come out.

2) It's a way for people to fight Dragon with other people without playing C mode or having to wait for the incredibly rare urgent mission to pop up. Seeing as they basically advertised the game with Dragon they can't have it incredibly hard to fight him whenever you want.

I agree its a crazy short, but don't look past its uses so quickly, it has some!

huh, i don't get any photon stuffs and i already did tons of s rank of it.

Arika
Jan 13, 2010, 11:31 AM
huh, i don't get any photon stuffs and i already did tons of s rank of it.

I did 5 runs on S, I got photon crystal, but no any photon booster or photon code.

those seem to be rare or very rare. Anyway, Fanta might be a boring mission, but it give me 2 P-booster from just around 4-5 runs I did totally.

Overall, I may not like this short+easy mission, but it might be the way to farm booster still..

velocity7
Jan 13, 2010, 03:47 PM
If people were curious on the color schemes:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7816/karen.jpg

Original source is here (http://twitpic.com/xwkjt).

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
GIVE KAREN'S OUTFIT! D:

Anyone get that it kinda looks like the Braves outfit? :P

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
The Dragon boxes give out some nice stuff as well. I did a few A runs last night and got a single booster (not from the boxes) as well a few more Myau decorations. I saw other people get Ohzukis, Ignis', and S-rank manufacturer weapons.

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 09:22 PM
How many photon boosters per outfit? :O I just got one! -Glee-

ashley50
Jan 13, 2010, 09:25 PM
should be 3...

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 09:26 PM
Some of the weapons take 12 D:

Illuminate
Jan 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
Boosters? D: You sure it's not Crystals?

Mike
Jan 13, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ooops, that's right. The most boosters you need for a weapon is 6.

GeoSword
Jan 14, 2010, 02:09 AM
Is it just me, or has the update sort of broke the Toro and Kuro extra mission. I try to play it and it just freezes and shuts the PSP off.

Mike
Jan 14, 2010, 02:54 AM
Is it just me, or has the update sort of broke the Toro and Kuro extra mission. I try to play it and it just freezes and shuts the PSP off.
It did break it but it was fixed not but a few hours after the DLC was released. You'll need to download the DLC again to get the fixed version.

GeoSword
Jan 14, 2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks Mike. I though it was my PSP or my save corrupting or something of the like.