PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 What do you dislike about this game....?

GreyWolf360
Jan 8, 2010, 08:07 PM
funny that i ask this...i simply...find nothing wrong with the game. i dont want to call it perfect because i only have the demo(and might i add they are geniuses for making the giant ufo with legs thing a challenge for soloers) yet i cant bring myself to play PS:P to help for the wait... additionally i see NOone complaining about this or that in this game...is it because only people that import are THAT hardcore and supportive of their games even with glaring weaknesses??

well anyway...if there is a complaint...id like to see it...just to..u kno...balance the universe a bit

and so i dont have to make a separate topic to a question im sure has been asked already...how long did localization take for PS:P ? and GOD do i hope they are working on it as we speak

Mike
Jan 8, 2010, 08:29 PM
I'm sure I can come up with a whole bunch but the one think that pinches my nerves at the moment is the flatness of some weapons. It's almost as if they're two dimensional.

Pillan
Jan 8, 2010, 08:46 PM
My main issue is that it wouldn't hurt if Techs were a bit stronger and faster. You could probably fix that by lowering the cost of all the tech speed abilities to 1.

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2010, 09:10 PM
Technics are definately either too a) slow or b) weak. With a chain above like 3 or 4 you'll do great damage to almost any level enemy (since they cant be blocked), but survivability wise they are far too weak.

3 things they could do?

1) Lower PP cost of the technics. Most of the technics you need to use to survive solo cost tons of PP, and by the time you get them where you want to you're too empty to do anything. Not really a problem on Story Mode, but the added HP of enemies on Multimode make it really difficult.

2)Speed them up. Most of the spells on this game are too slow to even be practical, and they dont have the strength to back it up. Yeah knockdown is cool, but seriously, it isnt going to kill your enemies for you.

3)Make them stronger. In reality, forces are pretty well balanced for Story Mode and Free Missions, but multimode they're pretty much screwed. The enemies there just dont die. They need to fix that.

Also, unrelated to technics...Bows suck. Bad. They look cool, but thats about it really. Pity too, because they could be useful. Since their attack power sucks even with the TP reliance, the least they could do it let them ignore evasion of the enemies.

aside from that, not too many complaints. This is one of the best games Sonic Team has released in years.

Pillan
Jan 8, 2010, 09:29 PM
Forgive me for the aside, but I couldn't help but point out a couple things above.

You can already speed the techs up by paying for the speed abilities (1 for each element, recovery, and support), so that's not really too much of an issue. They cost 2 points each though.

Also bows are primarily ATA dependent, like all guns. As a Ranger, their damage is on par with rifles and they ignore defense, which is a much higher stat in this game. However, they're still too slow for me to use them normally.

CHOX
Jan 8, 2010, 09:30 PM
Honestly, I like everything so far. I guess my only gripe pertaining to the game would be that Rangers PP drains way too fast. We're not as gimped as we were in PSU but I still don't think its fair that Hunters can strike and strike and strike without using a photon art and not lose any PP. I guess its the same for forces too.

xBladeM6x
Jan 8, 2010, 09:33 PM
1: It's in JP. ^^;
2: It's on a handheld and not a console. (Even though it's fine on the handhelds)
3: Lack of keyboard, but then again It's hard to complain about that; See # 2.

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2010, 11:07 PM
Forgive me for the aside, but I couldn't help but point out a couple things above.

You can already speed the techs up by paying for the speed abilities (1 for each element, recovery, and support), so that's not really too much of an issue. They cost 2 points each though.

Yeah i know, it still isnt enough. For a higher level force class ability they should cost only 1 point. Also, the lack of a PP cost percentage cut ability baffles me.

Another annoying thing is that Braver is the class that gets the Critical Up ability for Madoogs and Wands.

Yeah its great and all that they're ATA dependant and that they do nice damage on a Ranger, but the fact still stands that they kinda suck.. They're obviously Force weapons. Besides, Rifles do better damage than bows and faster, so there is no reason for a Ranger to be using one in the first place. They're slow and dont get the 25% damage mod while First-Person aiming. Add in the fact that rangers do more damage with them than forces and it just completely shows how useless of a weapon it is. Its like its TP stat is for naught.

Izuna
Jan 9, 2010, 12:03 AM
The framerate drops during Multi Mode;
When the leader leaves party everyone is kicked;
Certain rares are limited to Multiplayer missions (especially challenge mode) which forces collectors to play with others;
Games locks you in a room to fight enemies, then the next room locks you again (repeat);
No way to hunt an area without playing a mission -- areas have no personality or fixed enemies;
While needed, the lack of trading rare items can be inconvenient;
Enemies appear in different places for each player during Multiplayer;
No online lobby for player gathering;
The single photon art limit per weapon;
Element/Elemental % is totally random and inchangeable (even for the rarest of weapons);
Simple Mail needs to be 'received' by prompt of the player;
Lack of an Auto Save function;
'Rare' bosses, enemies, maps, may not even appear after 100 hours of playtime (casual gamers will not see full content);
No way to 'report' players without their [thingie] number, this can only be obtained after receiving the player's partner card;
The banning or 'modified save files' is not automatic, and needs to be reported;
Button combinations required for actions because of limited hardware/unpopular way of holding PSP in order to move camera and character at the same time.

There are a few gameplay mechanics that I would prefer to be different, but the above is a basic list of the limitations of the game because of the hardware.

Pillan
Jan 9, 2010, 12:11 AM
Also, the lack of a PP cost percentage cut ability baffles me.

Hunter, Ranger, and Force get their specialty PP saves at level 30. PSUpedia just hasn't been updated with that information.

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 01:01 AM
Oh. Nevahmind :0

People need to stop worrying about that dumb JP wiki and help ours. Its pathetically underdeveloped. If not for descriptions than for stats and stuff.

Touka
Jan 9, 2010, 01:52 AM
Lack of facial customization hurts it imo.I'd rather have more mature faces rather than goo goo gah gah big eyes.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 01:55 AM
Lack of facial customization hurts it imo.I'd rather have more mature faces rather than goo goo gah gah big eyes.

oh, yeah. I don't hate big eyes, but I have to agree that face need a customization option like it offered in PSU. I can't make the same face my Arika use in PSU here

Touka
Jan 9, 2010, 02:09 AM
I don't have anything against big eyes(I watch anime for crying out loud)but it's ridiculous when most of the human female faces are that type of face.

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 02:21 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/anime-eyes-wow.jpg

is how 90% of the female faces look on this game[/spoiler-box]

Omega-R7
Jan 9, 2010, 03:18 AM
i'm with xBladeM6x on this one.

evange
Jan 9, 2010, 05:01 AM
bgm are stale.
camera angle can get wacky sometimes.
battle mode don't let you use your equips and no chains.
force are weak.

landman
Jan 9, 2010, 07:51 AM
The only thing I hate is that I have to play on a handheld.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 9, 2010, 01:23 PM
The only 2 things that really bug me is that you can't S-Rank all of your weps unfortunately, and that in the final chapter of story mode the difficulty super spikes.

SPOILER!!!

Fighting the 3 Shizurus wasnt too hard, the boss after him was cake, then the final boss uberly owns you lol.

Drawers
Jan 9, 2010, 02:01 PM
I don't like how the techniques don't do multiple hits. That would help chaining alot and do major damage. Like if razonde hit 3 times or if barta worked like that new sword PA where it does like 5 hits.

I also don't like how they didn't implement more on the battle system like when launched your character doesn't fly in the air like enemies do, and maybe different button combinations for different combos or something like Ninja Gaiden.

I don't like how they took the arch effect grenades had, they're now pretty much your typical hand gun. All they really had to do to make grenade launcher's better was make the bombs explode on contact and not on ground contact. I also don't like how the unique bullets don't grow in size when charged.

Would it hurt to add bullet ricochet effects.

I don't like how they gave only mech guns an interesting charge special, while the rest of the guns pretty much just have typical linear projectiles when they should have unique specials like the mech gun.

I also don't like how PA auras don't match the weapon's element color. It looks ridiculous seeing someone with an earth saber using a blue Rising Strike.

I also don't like the ugly summoning effect of the SUV weapons. Yeah this is a little pet peeve, but anyone who's particular in playing a game with matching, beautiful colors will know where I'm coming from. I mean a transition from an ink blot red and black to a murky yellow orange and purple just looks absolutely obsurd and I could make a better mix of colors at age 5 while finger painting. Like whoever colored that has shitty taste.

Another thing and I'm gonna just stop it right here. I don't like the music. They should've kept it 100 with the PSO sound (like the epic seabed track from EPII). The stages are way too spacy, linear, and lackluster compared to this games predecessor titles (PSO EPII). The non-leveling of PAs, accessories are still exclusive to certain hairstyles when some of them belong on some hairstyles, but don't. Not even something simplistic like a sitting animation. I credit them for trying and succeeding in some flaws, but others still need serious work. Like just fucking hire their old music producer from PSO and half the people playing this game won't lose their sense of hearing. I would not be shocked if the music composers were cats dying a slow and painful death of being choked while in an empty large room.

Tycho
Jan 9, 2010, 02:55 PM
Its like its TP stat is for naught.
Longbow damage is based on both ATA and TP.

No way to 'report' players without their [thingie] number, this can only be obtained after receiving the player's partner card;
You can view it anytime by chancing something-表示 in the options to something with 番号.

IceBurner
Jan 9, 2010, 03:14 PM
On top of what's been voiced already, my greatest peeve is the way Alfa System seems to think their blocking and evasion systems supersede the need for tactile and intuitive enemy management via melee.

Unlike PSO, hits do not stagger consistently unless you're already much stronger than your target. Enemies frequently move or attack while you're hitting them, making PSPo2 and PS0 (in Hard and Super-Hard) like an entire game of PSO's Ultimate Mine (which was essentially designed to grief HUnters). I truly detest that Crowd Management is impossible unless you already vastly overpower your foes, in which case it's not needed because they roll over and die by the dozens.

This not intuitive or my idea of fun. As a HUnter, I should not be forced to evade, block, or outright flee from five different foes until they all decide to tie their shoelaces simultaneously and thus I can actually perform a combo--the entire basis of combat--without being interrupted, violently, in the face; nor should I only be effective against foes beneath my stature.

The "unstoppable juggernaut" idea works in Monster Hunter because there's only ONE really big monster to manage in this way, they have appropriate "tells" which telegraph their attacks, and rock-solid stagger mechanics. Get it the hell out of my Phantasy Star.

GreyWolf360
Jan 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
On top of what's been voiced already, my greatest peeve is the way Alfa System seems to think their blocking and evasion systems supersede the need for tactile and intuitive enemy management via melee.

Unlike PSO, hits do not stagger consistently unless you're already much stronger than your target. Enemies frequently move or attack while you're hitting them, making PSPo2 and PS0 (in Hard and Super-Hard) like an entire game of PSO's Ultimate Mine (which was essentially designed to grief HUnters). I truly detest that Crowd Management is impossible unless you already vastly overpower your foes, in which case it's not needed because they roll over and die by the dozens.

This not intuitive or my idea of fun. As a HUnter, I should not be forced to evade, block, or outright flee from five different foes until they all decide to tie their shoelaces simultaneously and thus I can actually perform a combo--the entire basis of combat--without being interrupted, violently, in the face; nor should I only be effective against foes beneath my stature.

The "unstoppable juggernaut" idea works in Monster Hunter because there's only ONE really big monster to manage in this way, they have appropriate "tells" which telegraph their attacks, and rock-solid stagger mechanics. Get it the hell out of my Phantasy Star.

such is the dangers of melee combat...Rangers and forces have completly different problems..

but i enjoy the struggles..my problem back in PSO was the huge lack of challenge...i guess it was because i was a offline player but i was SICK of fighting one evil shark...then 2 lillies..ect. i cant go back to that...situations that force me to heavily moniter my health atleast keeps me awake...

ahh monster hunter...i did love that game...if only mission preparation wasnt a 10 step process...

Pillan
Jan 9, 2010, 03:32 PM

Most melee weapons have at least one juggling art which could be used to alleviate your problem. Just begin with the first hit of Bogga Zubba, Spiral Dance, Anga Dugrega, Rising Crush, Hishou Jinren-zan, Rising Strike, Shunbu Shouren-zan, or Shousen Totsuzan-ga. Then build up your combo while the enemies are lying on the ground and repeat. That and the basic attack of an axe knocks down two targets, but it's probably too slow to be useful.

Ceresa
Jan 9, 2010, 03:33 PM

Use super armor so you don't get staggered by frontal attacks...

Zorafim
Jan 9, 2010, 04:21 PM
Another thing and I'm gonna just stop it right here. I don't like the music. They should've kept it 100 with the PSO sound (like the epic seabed track from EPII). The stages are way too spacy, linear, and lackluster compared to this games predecessor titles (PSO EPII). The non-leveling of PAs, accessories are still exclusive to certain hairstyles when some of them belong on some hairstyles, but don't. Not even something simplistic like a sitting animation. I credit them for trying and succeeding in some flaws, but others still need serious work. Like just fucking hire their old music producer from PSO and half the people playing this game won't lose their sense of hearing. I would not be shocked if the music composers were cats dying a slow and painful death of being choked while in an empty large room.

Funny thing, these actually ARE the same composers who did PSO. I believe the problem in the music is the art director. He just didn't know what he wanted, so the composers didn't know what to write. Alot of the songs in the PSU soundtrack are actually pretty good. Unfortunately, they also tend to be the songs that nobody gets to hear.

With the update in art direction this game has obviously gotten (I haven't said "oh god why" more than a few times so far, as opposed to constantly in PSU), I would have thought that the music would be just as updated. But, since they're recycling so much from PSU (not that I blame them), I guess most of the music in the game would be the same stuff we've already heard, as opposed to the weapons and clothing updates we'll be getting which we'll see constantly.

By the way, I'm glad to see that this thread hasn't turned into a huge QQ fest. It gives me hope that maybe PSP2 will be as good as I hope for it to be.

IceBurner
Jan 9, 2010, 04:24 PM
This all glosses over the fact that the basis for combat--the way game itself explains it's supposed to work--severely disadvantages melee attackers in higher difficulties. I decry this change from PSO, as it's no longer possible to to manage enemies through skill, only sheer brute power.

In PSO attacking from a good position (like from behind) mattered, as it provided enough time to escape. In additon, each and every monster had a "personality", quirkiness which you could learn to overcome them. In PSU and all its derivatives, position and habits just don't matter; all monsters have exactly the same shared behavior--they simply pivot to their target as they attack.

Since I was asked, it's my opinion that all the changes like this have added up to one grand failure of combat system, which is why it's endlessly been tweaked while PSO has essentially gone unchanged. As I recall, all the latest changes for the PSPo2 battle system were supposed to cure PSU's issue with "Spam knockdowns" being the only reasonable melee strategy; it's become clear that it hasn't changed anything except boss fights. Even then, the "enhancements" are only useful now because all of the bosses have been turned into glass cannons like the Gal Gryphon.

Let's not even touch forces; I want to savagely bite through the neck of whomever came up with PSU's entire magic system.

Blaze1233
Jan 9, 2010, 04:40 PM
I HATE THE FACT THAT I CANT CREATE WEPS

GeoSword
Jan 9, 2010, 05:27 PM
That's because they drop as complete items. There is no grinding for materials to create them in PSPo2 anymore. If you mean to actually create physical weapons (ex. model a weapon and import into the game) that would be a neat idea.

adonis565
Jan 9, 2010, 07:02 PM
I hate how you have to find pa disks. leveling them was much better

Anonomous
Jan 9, 2010, 07:26 PM
PSP2 is a great game.

Things I like and dislike about it.

I dislike it artistically because the new designs (character/clothing/PA's/weapons) are rather unoriginal. Most of them are spin offs from anime and whatnot. PSU had its own unique look and feel. However, I do LIKE these sell outs visually because the "new" designs look cosmetically appealing.

The new battle system is a great change from PSU. Although it is still imbalanced, the balance is much better than PSU's. Any class can do anything they want to some degree of proficiency so it's a matter of preference. However, the new battle system forces FO's and RA's to melee more than they should. FO's and RA's should be teching/shooting 95% of the time, just like how HU's are melee'ing 95% of the time. This makes the game seem like it is too heavily melee focused.

I dislike a lot of the sloppy programming in it. A lot of weird glitches (visually and mechanically) like 2nd form Falkis/Falz when they do their grinding attack will appear upside down for a few frames and then revert right side up again. Random game crashes. Random glitches like seeing your character walk prior to some item exchange missions. There's a lot more but I just can't remember them atm.

They were lazy with Alteraz and Ragnus, simply making them do 4 times more damage instead of altering the AI. Former badass bosses like Maggas and the two-headed dragons were made too easy with the new battle system.

I dislike how Frame Skip affects game mechanics. On Frame Skip 1, 4 bullets fire from a charged Twin Handgun shot. On Frame Skip 2 (online mode with somewhat heavy action) Twin Handguns fire 3 bullets (correct me if I'm wrong). Also Frame Skip really messes up timing with palette changes and makes many things less responsive (JA, switching, moving in the menu, etc).

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2010, 07:27 PM

Really? I hated that in PSU, having to use an incredibly useless PA just to Lv it up and make it useful, and then after eons when it finally is useful... not using it because you have to switch to another incredibly useless PA to Lv that one up to make it useful aswell.
I do hate how they don't put the Lv on the skill disk on the ground though, sure you can guess by what your missions enemy level is but mostly I can't be bothered and just pick all of them up and have to sort through a huge stack after every mission...

GreyWolf360
Jan 9, 2010, 09:06 PM
This all glosses over the fact that the basis for combat--the way game itself explains it's supposed to work--severely disadvantages melee attackers in higher difficulties. I decry this change from PSO, as it's no longer possible to to manage enemies through skill, only sheer brute power.

In PSO attacking from a good position (like from behind) mattered, as it provided enough time to escape. In additon, each and every monster had a "personality", quirkiness which you could learn to overcome them. In PSU and all its derivatives, position and habits just don't matter; all monsters have exactly the same shared behavior--they simply pivot to their target as they attack.

ill definatly give you that..positioning, timing, and some strategy was needed for more of the creatures than 'big monster' and 'small monster' i suppose i've just grown content with the changes...simply because the only thing i asked for was MOAR BLOOD BALLONS TO POP!!!!

but i getcha bro

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 11:10 PM

You're telling me PSO had more unique enemy attack patterns than PSU? Sorry, you're hyping the game up a bit too much. PSO enemies are just as straightforward as ever -- strafe and attack, or directly walk towards and attack, occasionally they'll surround. The few that didn't aren't very far from a few PSU AI patterns, either. About the only unique enemy type PSO has on PSU at this point would be Reconboxes and Monests.

Since I was asked, it's my opinion that all the changes like this have added up to one grand failure of combat system, which is why it's endlessly been tweaked while PSO has essentially gone unchanged. As I recall, all the latest changes for the PSPo2 battle system were supposed to cure PSU's issue with "Spam knockdowns" being the only reasonable melee strategy; it's become clear that it hasn't changed anything except boss fights. Even then, the "enhancements" are only useful now because all of the bosses have been turned into glass cannons like the Gal Gryphon.
The improvements were simply to make battles far less monotonous. Original PSU was a PA spam fest, AotI was a JA'd PA spam fest. Also, enemy attacks while meleeing were almost like playing an RPG where getting hit is inevitable. You actually have to move, strafe, dodge, and block now. Also, enemies with nigh unavoidable attacks now can be avoided. (Svaltus anyone?)

PSO's battle system was FAR more simplistic than this one. SKILL as you so put it is nothing more than muscle memory, really. The same stragety works on almost every enemy in the game, save for the ones you have to hit in the back or the ones that disappear. In PSO, instead of enemys not flinching, your giant fucking sword just goes through them and a big red "MISS" pops up. At least when you "miss" on this game, the enemys actualy pause and display a "i just blocked your attack" animation.

Alot of the fights in PSO consisted of *normal normal hard HIT Resta normal hard hard HIT resta*, and if not that, *normal hard hard MOVE reposition normal normal hard MOVE repeat*, and in the case one of those misses, just Resta and start over from any of the two above. I noticed near the end of my PSO time that i was able to play most stages with my eyes not even focused on the screen. Its gameplay was so predictable my body almost plays itself. Only during bosses did i really have to pay attention.

Not to say PSU wasn't the same way. v1 PSU was pretty much the exact same deal, and when playing hunter on AotI it was almost the same deal but not quite, because the enemies just have far more to look out for than in PSO. (usually Megid, Superfoie, Barta, Dambarta, ect ect.) Psp2 doesn't seem to have that problem, as they throw certian combinations of enemies at you that just create really annoying/stressful situations unless you handle them certian ways.

Let's not even touch forces; I want to savagely bite through the neck of whomever came up with PSU's entire magic system.Like i keep saying, PSU's technic system isnt bad, its just obviously difficult to balance correctly, like any magic class is. PSU Forces could easily turn broken if given too much damage, and easily useless with too little. Take razonde for example. If Razonde launched enemies into the air but was as fast as Rafoie, most forces would become almost unapproachable to enemies. But because they gave it a long delay, its far less efficient to use than just running up and Gizonde'ing them to death. Their problem on this game is their defense is far too low, and their offense just doesnt quite balance it out.

Your issue seems to be you dont like it when enemies dont flinch when you hit them....which i can and cant sympathize with. I CAN because i know all too well (as a Force main on this game) how annoying it is to be killed as a Go Vahara jumps through my fucking attack and kills me like im squirting milk at him or something. I DONT sympathize with you because my force cant block -- almost every melee weapon can. On top of that, you also have multihitting weapons, you dont die in one hit, and enemies flinch when hit by striking weapons FAR more than with technics, not to mention striking attacks come out FARRR quicker.

Originally Posted by adonis565 http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/element/buttons_blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2425250#post2425250)
Like HELL it was. That was the absolute most annoying aspect of AotI, the grind associated with EVERYTHING. Trust me if you've ever played a PSU Force, you know how FUCKING annoying it is to have to level your techics because they're completely useless at starter level. You'll go into battle using spells that are completley ineffective just for the EXP points. Oh, and lets not forget what happens when you take your force to another planet, and all the technic elements you need to use are pathetically leveled.

Literately, your force SUCKED unless you grinded the shit out of your technics. It may have worked for Striking Weapons, but it did not work for anything else. Oh and dont even get me started on fucking bullets...

GreyWolf360
Jan 10, 2010, 01:32 AM

i believe their focus was to stray the players from spamming PAs..if they kept leveled PAs then the whole chain combo system wouldnt be much at all effective if everyone is focused on leveling PAs...

Arika
Jan 10, 2010, 03:45 AM
PSP2 is a great game.

The new battle system is a great change from PSU. Although it is still imbalanced, the balance is much better than PSU's. Any class can do anything they want to some degree of proficiency so it's a matter of preference. However, the new battle system forces FO's and RA's to melee more than they should. FO's and RA's should be teching/shooting 95% of the time, just like how HU's are melee'ing 95% of the time. This makes the game seem like it is too heavily melee focused.

it is good to keep RA from only shooting to do some melee too. so they won't bored too much.

But, the problem is that they should also force HU to do some teching/shooting too. just for fair ~

Alot of the fights in PSO consisted of *normal normal hard HIT Resta normal hard hard HIT resta*, and if not that, *normal hard hard MOVE reposition normal normal hard MOVE repeat*, and in the case one of those misses, just Resta and start over from any of the two above. I noticed near the end of my PSO time that i was able to play most stages with my eyes not even focused on the screen. Its gameplay was so predictable my body almost plays itself. Only during bosses did i really have to pay attention.

XD, so nostalgia, and so True!

RemiusTA
Jan 10, 2010, 04:30 AM
And i must say i really laughed reading over that comment again. I seriously remember playing multiplayer with a friend on GCN and basically zoning out while playing. Like, have you ever noticed after a while you can do things without even thinking about doing it? Like driving, or vacuuming, or perhaps washing dishes? That was PSO to me. Maybe I had logged too many hours on it or something i dont know.

After a while of playing PSO, you learn that all you really need to pay attention to is the 1) Map so you see whats coming and don't get lost, 2) HP bar so you know when to Resta, and 3) TP bar so you know when you CANT resta and need to cast Ryuker. Oh and sometimes what enemy you were fighting mattered too, but if it couldn't 1-hit you or freeze you, it rarely even mattered then.

Not knocking the game lol, i loved the guts out of it. But even PSU v1 had deeper combat and AI than PSO, because the AI is FARR more variable based. They may run to you and attack, they may run to the side or behind you. They may leap to the side to throw you off, or they may throw a projectile at you. And then theres always the chance the leader is alive, and they'll do a formation attack, or crowd around to be healed/buffed. And lets not forget some enemies even have desperation attacks. PSU was always far more diverse.

edit:....granted, the original issue was nobody noticed or even cared because of how monotonous the combat was. PSO's combat was simple but worked for how simple it was, and the enemys were built around that simple system. Although killing enemys in PSO was so easy you rarely had to think about it, you couldn't just juggle them to death.

Rayokarna
Jan 10, 2010, 06:47 AM
Unbalanced combat system.

The PP system with Guns and Techs.

Drawers
Jan 10, 2010, 02:55 PM
They're also some major plotholes with this game's logic. Like why does alteraz still switch elements when the better more sensable thing to do is just split both sides of targets with matching elements to the coresponding dragon head? Same for ragnus, and if anything ragnus should have the same mechanics as alteraz, not just plain old neutral. This leads to the weapon Twin Ragnus and why there is no other version of Crimson like perhaps a teil (ice) version? Which ultimately means put just those 2 together and the Twin Ragnus would actually then make sense (due to Ragnus actually being ice and fire and not just fire).

Those kinds of simply flaws erk my nerves the most! Another example, I hate it when light element enemies are using earth techniques when that just makes no sense. It's bad enough that they're not using original moves but are using moves that don't even fit their image.

Another thing I hate is that they took the character item shops away. That was probably PSU's most innovative characteristic. We as a community got to develop our own business, where communication was key and that's what makes an online game. I'm not even saying that garbage PSU was a hit, but it had something that was.

The casino (although highly limited on social networking) was another thing I loved that should've been kept. Man they shouldve put a Gold Saucer-esque arcade in this game as compensation.

CHOX
Jan 10, 2010, 03:03 PM
I mentioned my hatred for the PP system in this game (Although I enjoy it more than PSU) and I've got a question. Is there a way to increase your max PP or is it set at 200?

Pillan
Jan 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
I mentioned my hatred for the PP system in this game (Although I enjoy it more than PSU) and I've got a question. Is there a way to increase your max PP or is it set at 200?

Braver learns PP Boost, PP High Boost and a PP Restore ability. The PP boost +10 you get at level 2. The other 2 are much later in the game.

But, from my experience as a Cast Ranger (lowest PP, highest PP recovery), I haven't really had any issue with it and generally kill all the enemies in the spawn before running out. And then it's all refilled by the time I walk to the next enemy group. If your complaints are about not having enough PP to deal with enemies more than 20 levels higher than you, however, I can't say I really see anything wrong with that.

CHOX
Jan 10, 2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I figure it'll get better by the time I level up more. I've just been running various B rank missions and am level 49 now. And what do you do with PA Fragments?

I could also bitch about how I'm getting "Rares" that are only for forces, but screw that. Getting actual drops is amazing compared to what happened in PSU. I didn't even know it but I noticed that I had an S Rank Rod in my inventory.

Tails_night
Jan 11, 2010, 01:40 AM
Um I'd have to say I dislike not knowing what they're saying or whats going on. But aside from that, I can't say I find anything wrong with it.

BahnKnakyu
Jan 11, 2010, 01:57 AM
First of all, let me say this game is EXCELLENT. It's not perfect, no game out there is perfect, but this game has come a VERY long way since the days of PSU v1.

* PM's should be customizable somehow... able to equip your own weapons on it would be good.
* Forces need to be buffed. Not sure what, but the suggestions made in this thread is good.
-- Speed up crowd control techs; reduce the damage that they do if you have to balance it out.
-- Increase FO DFP and HP.
-- Make the speed abilities more general, i.e. 1 slot for ALL offensive techs and 1 slot for ALL support/restorative techs.
-- Should be able to block with Rods. Dunno how one would go about doing that since R = use the other two techs.
* Fix some button combos for game functions.
* Ability to join games already in progress online.
* Ability to transfer party leadership and none of this leader d/c's = EVERYONE GETS KICKED.
* Make drops universal for all players.
* NEEDS A TRADING OPTION BETWEEN PLAYERS. I know why Sakai didn't do it, but it still sucks.

Other than Forces sucking, the rest of these issues are somewhat minor. Nothing gamebreaking and nothing that should keep you from playing this game. It's still a SOLID, solid installment of PSU. Period.

Arika
Jan 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
-- Speed up crowd control techs; reduce the damage that they do if you have to balance it out..

To answer, I think that PSP doesn't have enough ability to run lv 30 tech graphic at high speed. it will cause slow down.

same as how PSU-AoI couldn't run tech lv 40+ at high speed, or it will cause slow down too.

you can image a party that have 2-3 FO in it.

landman
Jan 11, 2010, 03:48 AM
Anything causes slowdown on PSU, at least the console versions.

Illuminate
Jan 11, 2010, 04:32 AM
Importing prices are gayy. D:

That's one thing I don't like about it.

Replaying story on every character sucks, though more endurable in this one, since you have common box. :/

GeoSword
Jan 11, 2010, 10:00 AM
NEEDS A TRADING OPTION BETWEEN PLAYERS

There is trading. Though only C and B Rank items, though. With that said, you can still trade C and B rank rares, but not A or S. I think this applies to clothing as well.

Tails_night
Jan 11, 2010, 10:03 AM
Lemme throw one more in there, the fact that only cheese-kun is the only working password in the demo. They could have at least made a weapon available for players to drool on.

H-Hanzo
Jan 11, 2010, 10:26 AM
I´m still dislike the hand/weapon relation, I wanna used my gun with my right hand and my tech-mag or Rod in the left, so in this way you can find two hanguns or two sabers and make your personal combination.

Pillan
Jan 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'd have to say that my biggest disappointment is that the Black Nano Blast can't dual wield axes.

D1ABOLIK
Jan 11, 2010, 03:58 PM
That its not out in the US yet. lol

Dragwind
Jan 11, 2010, 06:45 PM
I'd have to say that my biggest disappointment is that the Black Nano Blast can't dual wield axes.

I had a good chuckle from this.