PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 woah wait what? (Deband, Zalure, Shifta, Ect)

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 12:48 AM
How exactly do these technics work on this game? Im quite curious.

right now, my force is facing enemies about 30 levels over me. Luckly evasion is not a problem for Technics, so i can actually manage to kill them. After deciding to finally use the Debuffs to raise my chances, i noticed some really funny things about them on this game...

1) They dont always work. Im not sure what determines when they do, but for some reason they just dont always seem to work. I have to spam them in a crowd and eventually all of them will catch it.

2) The most impressive thing ive noticed about the debuffs, particularly Zalure. I brought a bunch of NPCs into battle with me for cannon fodder, and i laughed when i noticed they could BARELY touch the enemies; zeros flying everywhere. Same with my character; cards, bows, handguns, doesn't matter, the only spot on the enemy i can hit is its direct blindside. (Accuracy doesnt matter there)

So, i decided to use Zalure (mine is lv10) on a group of enemies. Instantly, all my NPCs start doing actual damage, as if Accuracy didn't even matter anymore. I thought maybe i was missing something, so i pulled out a handgun and started shooting and voila, all my shots seem to hit these enemies as if they were 30 levels UNDER me or something.

Funny thing is, my Zalure is only lv10. Its effect is still Lv1. Does Zalure also lower Evasion along with MST and DFP now? If so it must lower it by a huge margin.

Another question, are the storebought rides as powerful as Lv1 Shifta/Deband? And if so, does anyone know the amount of augment you even get from using the rides vs. buffs?

Pillan
Jan 9, 2010, 01:14 AM
I haven't done much with debuffs, but, assuming its the same as PSU, STA has some effect on the debuff landing rate and a single debuff can only be on six targets max.

Deband and Zalure raise and lower EVP, respectively, in addition to DFP and MST.

Also the items only last as long as level 1 Shifta and Deband. Haven't tested the power to see if there's a difference though.

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 01:39 AM
Wow, Zalure is now officially the most valued technic on my pallete. In higher leveled missions its a godsend. I can now fight enemies far over my level with my force. I wish i had discovered this technic sooner. I know for a fact though it wasn't nearly as useful in AotI.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 01:49 AM
Well, actually it was stated since before the game release.
Sakai explained that they reduce 2 kinds of buff and merge them into the main 2 kinds. and the debuff get the effect on it too.

shifta will now add your ATP, TP, ATA
Deband will now add your DEF, EVP, MST.

so when you zalure enemy, you also reduce their EVP, and that make you hit them.

it is the way to fight enemy at level 70 above you also lol.
I can't hit lv 170 enemy, unless I use shifta on me and zalure on them, when I was lv 100.

Now, in case of a level 120 BR vs level 120 enemy, when I do the same buff/ debuff, they can't even hit me, because my evp is too high. (evp is good now)

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 01:50 AM
Im glad they gave the buffs/debuffs some use now.

And im ALSO glad all buffs/debuffs can fit on one rod now lol

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 01:53 AM
In online mode, enemy gain their status higher, so buff/debuff is really main role of FO now. althought, debuff is not necessary when enemy level is around equal to players level. (but it is also a good idea to do so, because it will make team become invincible)

THOTH
Jan 9, 2010, 02:05 AM
Another point goes to melee forces... level 30 buffs/debuffs are an absolute godsend and can make meleeing MUCH easier. I've been toying around with a FObeast, and yeah the dependency on zalure/jellen took a bit to get used to, but no accuracy problems and good melee...and good techs. Granted... I'm SUPER early in the game.

Edit: by the way, you may be better off having a crappy wand and tech mag for status buffs and debuffs, as they cast much faster and don't need the higher TP of rods.

RemiusTA
Jan 9, 2010, 02:23 AM
well the only reason i put them on rods is because i dont even use mags. But debuffs might make me change my weapon types.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 02:26 AM
level 30 buff/debuff has the same effect level as lv 21 debuff anyway.
not enough different from lv 11(that HU,BR can use) to make FO better at melee.

but it is just make FO to be okay at melee. (similar to AT combat in PSU)

THOTH
Jan 9, 2010, 02:37 AM
Never said forces will be better at melee, obviously. The thing discussed was before, which force will do the most damage?

Decent melee to build chains followed by strong tech
Techs to build chains for strongest tech
Weak melee to build chains for strongest tech

The point being, I think a force that follows the first system will be the most effective. I don't anticipate forces ever hitting the DPS of a hunter, but I think beasts/humans can, with the aid of debuffs+buffs can really pull their weight.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 02:41 AM
FO has to rely on melee to recharge PP too.
I raise my FO as alt class until type lv 16 now, so I understand how fast PP drain here.

as BR main, I have "PP regen ability" to make my FO better.

Pillan
Jan 9, 2010, 02:43 AM
shifta will now add your ATP, TP, ATA

Shifta doesn't raise ATA and Jellen doesn't lower it. You can test it yourself to confirm that. (I'm pretty sure it just says ATP/TP up/down on the status, but I can't read Japanese to confirm that.)

THOTH
Jan 9, 2010, 02:51 AM
Yeah all forces have to use some melee...I use techs as like a PA, a finishing move basically. Much less PP problems that way.

Buff, debuff, switch to fast hitting weapon, build chain while dishing damage...switch to wand and spam wide hitting spells, before ending the chain with a nuke.

Arika
Jan 9, 2010, 03:06 AM
Not in my case, I use tech as main, until the PP running low, so I equip melee to recharge.
note: that I have BR ability on PP, it help a lot too.

Shifta doesn't raise ATA and Jellen doesn't lower it. You can test it yourself to confirm that. (I'm pretty sure it just says ATP/TP up/down on the status, but I can't read Japanese to confirm that.)

well, if you fight enemy at really high level especially online mode, I think it show very clear different.

edit: okay so wiki says it is rely on EVP of deband and debuff of that.
anyway it result in the same. you hit enemy more~