PDA

View Full Version : Jellen>Deband

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 03:53 AM
As a Hu cast who has run trough many SH runs and I have got to say I think Jellen beats Deband. I first realized this when one of my teammates cast Jellen on the boss at rioh snowfield a few days ago. We breezed through the fight with little difficulty because even the Hildegao's were hitting for -120 damage. It made such a huge difference. I haven't had the chance to try it in the plant yet (FU arkzeins) but I think the results will be satisfying. I recommend that everyone try Jellen it is a very underestimated spell.

nickfurious
Jan 9, 2010, 03:58 AM
i dont think it works on bosses man, well not real bosses but the arena style bosses are just groups of the big guys from earlier in the level so its basically just a big item money pot but that im aware of none of the debuffs like that really work on bosses atleast the PB buff/debuff i have from my mag still super buffs me but doesnt have any affect on the bosses

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 04:03 AM
but the other 99% of the game I think players should be giving Jellen a second look. I'm not looking at strategies at against bigger bosses. I'm just saying when forces are buffing deband before every room, they could be using jellen with better results. It may save then them a lot of pp in the long run.

nickfurious
Jan 9, 2010, 04:08 AM
i dunno man, as a newman hunter,i really know the improtance of buff/debuff, i prefer to buff myself/group it seems to help alot more with the whole survival aspect of it

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 04:25 AM
really, I think a newamn hunter would benefit from it the most. Have you actuality tried it in a tough battle? I see a big, big difference on my HUcast, when a FOnewman casts it on a group. It saves us soo much effort. That's why I'm pushing for people to try it. I would think nothing could even touch a HUnewman after He cast Jellen.

THOTH
Jan 9, 2010, 04:31 AM
I believe part of the reason for having the limited action buttons, as well as having forces significantly better at spamming techs is to give usefulness to a pure support force, as well as a pure damage tech force on every team.

Tizerak
Jan 9, 2010, 06:56 AM
Jellen is why I love my Dioskurori, and will be afraid to give it up for a Celeb double saber eventually. Double sabers only get level 3 elements but holy cal when it procs it turns stuff into mewing kittens and I don't get interrupted in my combos.

Vayne
Jan 9, 2010, 07:16 AM
debuffs work on bosses.

Dnd
Jan 9, 2010, 11:00 AM
Jellen works on bosses.. its what makes mother trinity not one-shot my brothers force with her headbut in 2-player (If it hits, that is).. the difference between them is alot higher in super hard i've also found out (the hard way, of course).

FOrulz
Jan 9, 2010, 12:13 PM
It also depends on the level of those two techs that the damage amount is reduced. zalure+shifta still is the fastest way to clear rooms for me and my team.

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 01:02 PM
debuffs work on bosses.

Great! even more reason to use it. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite support spells.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 9, 2010, 02:46 PM
It also depends on the level of those two techs that the damage amount is reduced. zalure+shifta still is the fastest way to clear rooms for me and my team.

exactly. min-max. im also playing with weapons that can burn and poison. laser with bio-panic and a burn element for example. not the best for bosses but good for mothers and the big hostiles.

for forces a zalure slicer lvl3 and shifta on the palette. the proc rate seems low for slicers but the combos come out fairly quickly...and at a distance.

Joustin
Feb 3, 2010, 02:07 AM
Pardon I am new here (But been reading these forums for awhile):

Here is something I like to do on my FOnewn, I buff my group with shifta then use Zalure |or| use Deban on group and then cast Jellen on mobs.

Both strats maximize either dmg done or minimize dmg taken.

<sig block and FC coming soon>

SneakySneaky
Feb 3, 2010, 02:14 AM
Jellen and Zalure work on field boss too? wow. I might give it a shot. I always think field boss would not be effect by Jellen and Zalure.

pso_crash
Feb 3, 2010, 02:16 AM
First of all, thank you for necroing my topic :)

You want to cast Shifta for sure. That is probably the most preferred buff in the game. If it comes down to what debuff to cast on enemies, that is more debatable. I prefer jellen because if a player does get hit by a boss, jellen may soften the blow enough that he/she won't die and need to be revived. If you are playing with very well geared and experienced players, zalure will make the fight a bit faster.

Hatrix
Feb 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
I would think nothing could even touch a HUnewman after He cast Jellen.

Would be nice too bad us HUnewms can't use debuffs :(

l3iohazard
Feb 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
ya i agree jellen is way better then deband. it's like jellen decreases the mobs accuracy too because mother some how misses me

leviayurashyguy
Feb 3, 2010, 05:49 PM
well because of my limited action pallete, i only cast Shifta and Zalure only when im in battle mage. not to say Jellen is useless but for a class whose action palette is filled with higher priority things and another class that should be DPS'ing and never cast techs EVER.... it is not effective enoughn to parent a action key.

sure Jellen increase party survivability, but a better tactic for party survivability is ACTUALLY eliminating the target and using ITEMZ. dead mobs don't kill you so focusing more on annihilating and keeping yourself alive with trimates is better for the party in the long run.

at least Deband can be cast prior to encounter as to not lower DPS but Jellen has a passive effect that lowers ATA of mobs and since DFP has very little value in this game, Jellen>Deband

i think Hunters should have debuffs and Rangers should have buffs. not only are Hunters closer to the enemies than Rangers but they would also benefit more greatly from the ATA/EVP debuffs as Rangers have more than enough ATA to hit and Rangers aren't close enough to the action to receive hits

lavisblade
Feb 3, 2010, 08:01 PM
not only are Hunters closer to the enemies than Rangers but they would also benefit more greatly from the ATA/EVP debuffs as Rangers have more than enough ATA to hit and Rangers aren't close enough to the action to receive hits
Oh, that makes sense. I always wondered why Hunters had the debuffs in PSO...I know they did basically the same thing and you'd do the same amount of damage, but I like being buffed better...don't know why...

HeartBreak301
Feb 3, 2010, 08:46 PM
Because you don't need to rebuff for every mob. Hence the reason why I never bothered with the HUmar.

Macman
Feb 3, 2010, 08:55 PM
Because you don't need to rebuff for every mob. Hence the reason why I never bothered with the HUmar.But it's the easiest and most useful way to EXP tag if there's no FO around.

lavisblade
Feb 3, 2010, 09:09 PM
I had a bunch of characters, but the only one I really used was my HUmar (lvl 118 right now I think with like 600 hrs)...and I've never played online PSO so the only time I'd ever get help was from my brother's FOmar (lvl 86 I think). His buffs would make my damage go up by more than 100, while my debuffs did nowhere near that...though obviously that's because he's a FO...I haven't played in a while so I couldn't accurately say how much I did usually...

Chukie sue
Feb 3, 2010, 11:27 PM
Personally, I dont even think jellen or deband deserves a slot in my palette :l

pso_crash
Feb 3, 2010, 11:37 PM
Personally, I dont even think jellen or deband deserves a slot in my palette :l

This is kinda why I made this topic. I think a lot of players overlook support spells since they don't make big numbers pop up on the screen. I realized this when a FOmar and I were doing SH runs, just the two of us. We got to the boss of snowfeild. He kept jellen up throughout the battle and I noticed a huge difference in the difficulty of the fight. It was a cakewalk with jellen up. Most forces just cast shifta and deband on the field. I want to encourage them to mix it up a bit and see that there are better techs to put in that slot deband is taking up.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
well if there are multiple Forces, then Jellen may have a pallete spot but usually i don't trust other FO's to buff me or keep my buffs fresh so i always have them set anyhoo

Chukie sue
Feb 4, 2010, 12:00 AM
Oi, I didn't mean in like that in anyway at all! In fact, I even thought about conducting several tests to see how much dage shifta/deband/zalure/jellen add and take away dduring yuor average run. If Im playing on my FOmarl with good HU's, my whole pallete is set to support. I meant I wouldnt put it in my HUmars pallete. (even if it was possible) I do have shifta but thats only because, even though I hate to admit it, a good offense IS a good defense. I've always been "defense minded"w hen it came to things, but I realized a bit ago that it isn't very effecient. And by a "good offense IS a good defense" I mea, if you kill the enemies faster, they wont be attacking you. But, if I had a 7th pallete space, it'd be the next support tech I added.

Actually, I lied, I'd put zalure in just because I dont like ata mags :(
Anyways, bedy bye time, so no more responses from me until tomorrow, er- later this morning ^_^

Joustin
Feb 4, 2010, 12:25 AM
I'd like to think, ideally, if your runnining with friends (and not free play) that if you got a person who can cast Shifta/Deband and another who can Zalure/Jellen then you'd be golden! Throw a HUmar/marl/newn/newearl with a either a FO or RAmar/l you can cover all those important buffs and debuffs.

Call it 'pallette' sharing. When I run with my FOnewn, and someone is casting Shifta/Deband then I am going to switch to deuffing (Jellen/Zalure). Vice versa if they are debuffing then I am buffing.

johnwolf
Feb 6, 2010, 07:50 PM
i don't find buff/debuffing usefull. but i haven't made it to SH yet so that might change. debuffing bosses is fine cense u can't stun or freeze. (stun>freeze) mobs are weak against stun/freeze from a range or malee weapon. really try a high lvl stun/freeze class weapon and see big baddies cry like scared kittens.

Macman
Feb 7, 2010, 08:53 PM
Shifta/Deband kinda suck in PSZ because it doesn't last long at all.

SneakySneaky
Feb 7, 2010, 09:34 PM
They have more than 3 minutes already, long enough to beat everything down. If they worn off, cast again. True I don't believe people will keep up buffing and debuffing all the time, healing as well. You have to take care of yourself and if you have buff, always put the deband on set. Keep yourself survivance.

l3iohazard
Feb 7, 2010, 11:03 PM
some of you guys aren't understanding what the OP means... Jellen is more useful then deband. Go try it and you'll see what we mean, the mobs will miss like 33% more. My FOnewm at lv75 was dodging hits from mother trinity.

GantzDetainee
Feb 8, 2010, 11:56 PM
Aljellen really beats Deband big time.Fonewearl that always succumb to one hit ko will survive or even evade hits that will incapacitate them if they cast Aljellen on mobs.Simply put Fonewearls will evade/survive a dual Arkzein assault which would normally will incapacitate them just facing one.

Macman
Feb 9, 2010, 05:18 AM
It makes sense from a practicality standpoint.
Jellen is more effective, but you have to cast it more often.

johnwolf
Feb 9, 2010, 02:42 PM
i just reached Sh (weee) and found the combo of jellen debuff plus the defensive buff (don't know the name) makes thing hella lot easier. I'm serious. i fought those Blaze Helion that do 200+ D on me. i fought them with my jellen Jasper Roar daggers and and kai did his defense buff and they start hitting 140's on me. i find jellen on a weapon far more useful and to give the spell casters the extra spot.

leviayurashyguy
Feb 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
if i want Deband, i'll depend on a Hunter. DFP is not that great in this game (nor was it in PSO IIRC) so the 10% diff of a FO's and HU's Deband is negligible IMO

altho i may consider using Jellen as it could theoretically make HUneweals GODs

Quintus_The_Force
Feb 9, 2010, 04:58 PM
I put shifta and jellen in my pallete during Shrine SH, when I get to Trinity I swap out megid for deband and use all 3

On PSO GCN w/ the menu shortcut I use all 4 at all times

PP means nothing to me because I have millions of dollars and telepipes :D

pso_crash
Feb 10, 2010, 03:52 AM
I am so glad that so many of you see it my way. I hope it I see more people in SH using more than just shifta/deband on a run. I appreciate those buffs, when I'm using my cast, but I know there are better options.

johnwolf
Feb 10, 2010, 04:46 AM
Jellen/deband saves lives. well mine atleast. shifta dosn't hack well with me.

FoMarlBorough
Feb 10, 2010, 09:25 PM
jell/deban isnt bad, its just very situational.