PDA

View Full Version : If characters had tiers?

scampy
Jan 9, 2010, 04:29 PM
Just a fun thread, as I recognize that tiers don't really hold much purpose in PBZ. However, we are all aware that some characters are clearly better than others, so if you had to make a tier list, what would it look like?

There are 14 character types in total, so let's suppose we have three tiers: A, B and C. The best types go in tier A, average types go in B, and the worst in C. Which characters do you think would go in these tiers?

Ice Sniper
Jan 9, 2010, 04:38 PM
I don't like where this is headed >.<

Cruciarius
Jan 9, 2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah... it's a class love/hate thread, from what I see.

Oh and their are only 3 classes, not 14. Three classes, 3 races, 2 genders each.

Ice Sniper
Jan 9, 2010, 04:45 PM
Well this is the way its gonna be:
A FOs
B HUs
C RAs

Me Being A RA do not appriecate this and find that though statistically some classes have an edge all classes are still playable and fun, I much prefer my RAmar to my HUcast or FOnewn.

Cruciarius
Jan 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
I'd rate them based on the races.

A Newmen
B Casts
C Humans

Because humans have nothing special and techs beat traps, in my opinion.

Ice Sniper
Jan 9, 2010, 04:49 PM
Yup another reason I don't like the idea of this tier list ^^;. That places me on the bottom rung for both class and race. :-?

scampy
Jan 9, 2010, 04:51 PM
I don't see what is so controversial? You can like a character but still accept that it can rightly be considered outclassed by something else. For example, one could easily make a case that RAcast is overall a better character than RAcaseal, due to the formers superior attack power and HP. I accept that, and yet I main a RAcaseal.

Note that the tier comparisons should be based on how good a character truly is in terms of stats, techs, usable items, etc. Something that can actually be debated. Not a "who looks cooler" thread, or anything like that.

This is not intended to be a "favourite" thread, but I guess I can't really be held responsible if people are childish and turn it into one. I hope it doesn't come to that. ;T

EDIT: Whoops, changed the OP. I mean character instead of class, so in total that's 6 different humans, 4 casts and 4 newmans. Each has its own place on the tier list.

pso_crash
Jan 9, 2010, 05:02 PM
Because It as simple as A>B. There are lots of scenarios in which one class might be better than the other. Most people will say HUcast are the best hunter class because of their durability and power. But they neglect that humans can use buffs and extra materials to close that gap, plus the added benefit of techs over traps. And the same goes for newmans who may be a bit weaker, but can become virtually untouchable with high evasion.

GantzDetainee
Jan 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
Its all in the gears and the built in my opinion

ARChan
Jan 9, 2010, 08:11 PM
If we're talking without any material consumption and mags, here's what I rate them in overall capabilities in my opinion:

---High Tier---

+: Can solo enemies very well. Their ability to adapt to close and ranged combat is easy.

-: Failure of the player to respond accordingly is their only fault.

~HUcast/caseal: Their high offense and defense with highest HP gives them the highest priority over many of the enemies. They create the perfect wall for Forces and Rangers. Their downs are limited healing capabilities and ranged units are their pet peeves.

~FOmar/marl: Their offense reigns supreme at ranged combat. Also, their decent accuracy as a FO gives them a chance to heal with a Heart element. Transition between difficulties is considerably easier than with other classes. They also have a boost for magical defense. Their inability to take melee hits is counteracted by their awesome Resta ability. Their downs are quick consumption of PP and considerably low defense capabilities against melee attacks.

---Mid Tier---

+: Their ability to adapt to close and ranged combat is nice and their balanced offense and defense capabilities are nice at most situations. Also, they can assume roles of different tiers effectively.

-: They are not too superior in any stats, giving them difficulty to respond to situations that require an emphasis on a stat.

~HUmar/marl: They are well balanced at slash and bullet capabilities. They have HUcast/caseal priorities but they do not have as high defensive priorities. However, their ability to use techs are simply okay. In other words, these classes are best as an alternative for HUcast/caseal. Their downs are low MST for Resta and offensive techs.

~HUnewm/newearl: Their decent offense on either direct or indirect combat gives them the edge on numerous situations. The perfect forward support types as well. Their downs are that they are best as support of another Hunter, a secondary unit to inflict massive damage, and their accuracy is awkward for a Hunter.

~RAcast/caseal: They are the best when it comes to offensive bullet priority. They work best as a wall between Hunters and the others in the back. Their offensive priorities are practically the best for their very well balanced ATP and ATA but their defensive priorities are a major issue. In other words, they need a person to act as a wall to inflict maximum damage.

---Low tier---

+: They work best as the one giving support. Easy decisions for materials and mag growth.

-: Difficult solo fights. Boss fights are very difficult for them. They need a lot of space away from the enemy to inflict maximum damage. They aren't the best at what they do.

~FOnewm/newearl: Their ability to heal PP is an added boost for the patient users. Their offense techs can prove to be very nice . Also, they have a magical defense. Their downs are the lowest accuracy of all classes (rendering them practically useless if there are no fluids to use and if PP consumption is an issue), their inability to adapt to slash/bullet-based combat, and their defense stats are the worst balanced, giving them a high probability to be killed in a few hits. They need a wall to work at their best and ranged units can prove to be a problem when they are aiming for the FOnewm/newearl.

~RAmar/marl: Their primary mode of getting around is defensive play and their inability to have a decent offense is a nasty issue. Their damage output is possibly the absolute worst when in regards to numbers, and their defenses are considered okay because of their okay defensive capabilities with decent MST to call Resta a primary support tech. When soloing, the matches against enemies can prove to be rather lengthy. Although they have a considerably nice set of weapons that they can use, they rank at most 3rd best in use of any weapon class. They work best as a support type and away from the line of fire.

---Materials and Mag Discussion---

-In regards to ATA, I prefer you use ATA on a Mag so that you can switch to and from a different Mag with emphasis on different stats. The ATA Mag can be used on the field whereas the non-ATA Mag can be used to fight bosses (not mini bosses).

CAST: Increase your HP as much as possible and do whatever you want with your Mag. Why? Here's a hint: Auto Recovery.

FOnewm/newearl: Just because you're squishy doesn't mean you have nothing to do to help yourself. If emphasizing survivability, go for HP and DEF. If emphasizing a double-edged sword effect, be my guest and max MST. Your ATA would not really matter too much as long as you have a tech to use.

RAmar/marl: You can shorten the lengthy fights by increasing your ATP. No questions asked. Besides, your EVP is just under HUnewm/newearl from my understanding. That's your defensive mechanism.

HUmar/marl: Extremely awkward for material and Mag use. They are like a CAST but not. If you like survivability, I'd focus on HP and DEF for being able to take hits and MST for being able to heal those wounds. If you like to down the enemies quickly, go for ATP and ATA.

HUnewm/newearl: This group matters by where you like to stand. If liking the front, emphasize ATP, ATA, and MST. If liking the back, emphasize ATA and MST. If liking to run away, emphasize EVP and MST. Yes, MST is what gets these classes going.

FOmar/marl: Don't know quite yet what to do with this group but I know that ATA would benefit them so that they can heal via your Lv 5 Heart weapons so that you don't have to suck on fluids all the time. However, too much is bad (applies to everything consumable). Haha!