PDA

View Full Version : Some noobish questions

Ice Sniper
Jan 10, 2010, 12:33 AM
Well these are kinda noobish question but I thought I might as well ask them anyway. Why is Dark usually the most wanted %? Dark has the least monsters in its group. What is most important for a Weapon, then second then last, out of PA Percents and Element, Please list for lower and higher tier weapons as I suspect it differs.

I think I have a few more I forgot, if I remember them I will come back and ask them.

Almeho
Jan 10, 2010, 01:08 AM
I can't answer them all but I'll take a guess at one. For Dark on a weapon, I wanna believe it's most preferred b/c on harder difficulties, the Shrine/Tower enemies have some really good, but hard to get, drops.

Ice Sniper
Jan 10, 2010, 02:53 PM
That helps, but im still wondering in what order are %s PA and element important to a weapon. This is question is important to me for trading purposes.

sylwyn
Jan 10, 2010, 03:14 PM
Dark % is sought after because the fastest way to get exp is to spam kill Dark Falz, that one quest in the shrine that only takes you through one area takes less than 10mins to complete and in SH mode Dark Falz gives 11k exp per kill. Dark Shrine monsters are also very easy to learn the behaviors of and are not as annoying as say the monsters in Arca Plant (Finjers...).

For me I think element > % > PA is most important.

Because elements apply to all types of monsters not just 1 and you have a variety of status debuffs to choose from rather than just a boost in damage. Not that more damage is bad, but in the end if you keep attacking a monster it will die, look for an efficient yet "fun" way to kill a monster for greater variety. If you have a good PA on a weapon and you lack a decent element lv or monster type % the damage on the PA will be lackluster. Not to mention that some people choose not to use PAs in the first place because most of them are situational at best.

DoubleCannon
Jan 11, 2010, 01:51 PM
I would have to agree, dark % is best for the fact dark do have very good but bloody hard to get rares cough Lavis Kanon cough, Although in my opinion A wep with high acc % is also very good as SH.. you need around 550 Hit to have like 99% chance of hitting lol. Bonus % on acc means you can focus more on other stats while still getting a big hit rating. So I go hit % > dark % then machine because those dam arkiznes (sp?) ya those beast of a machine. and if your lucky enough to get 4 or 5 % boosts, I would go Native 4th then beast.

Tho yeah element 1st , % 2nd and PA 3rd.. obvious lol

Tizerak
Jan 11, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dark is also important if you're an eternal tower runner since all the mothers are Dark, and unlike every other boss in the game, the mothers only have 1 hit box, so you want to hit them as hard as you can.

Opodomus
Jan 11, 2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry to derail the thread but why is Lavis Kanon in high demand? The saber weapon type in general isn't that great and the appearance of this saber in particular seems unimpressive to me.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 11, 2010, 02:32 PM
Sorry to derail the thread but why is Lavis Kanon in high demand? The saber weapon type in general isn't that great and the appearance of this saber in particular seems unimpressive to me.

its a rare weapon and rare weapons are in high demand regardless. and remember, one man's trash is another man's treasure, if you don't liek something doesn't mean everyone else does too

anyhoo on topic, Dark % are favored because the hardest area in the game, Dark Shrine, contains Dark mobs. Beast aren't p because there are so little beast mobs in the game that it isn't a deal if you have % for it or not. Native and Machine are common so % are welcome

but if you want high DPS it really boils down to the Element. high Celeb will outshine % in many cases. %'s help but Celeb is the main dish. altho with weapons that come with a set Element, percents are prolly high priority then.

DoubleCannon
Jan 11, 2010, 03:42 PM

:O DONT DISS DA LAVIS KANON lol.. yeah so it doesnt have the wave BUT its still Lavis and the name alone for me wins me over lol.. BUT it can hit 2 targets at once. Its also for bragging rights since its 1 of the ultra rare weapons being a lv 90 req.

AND!!! YOU NEED IT FOR A TITLE! I rest my case lol

Macman
Jan 11, 2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry to derail the thread but why is Lavis Kanon in high demand? The saber weapon type in general isn't that great and the appearance of this saber in particular seems unimpressive to me.Ever use a red/blue/white saber? Multi-target sabers are always nice.

lavisblade
Jan 11, 2010, 07:53 PM
:O DONT DISS DA LAVIS KANON lol.. yeah so it doesnt have the wave BUT its still Lavis and the name alone for me wins me over lol.. BUT it can hit 2 targets at once. Its also for bragging rights since its 1 of the ultra rare weapons being a lv 90 req.

AND!!! YOU NEED IT FOR A TITLE! I rest my case lol
This.

Ice Sniper
Jan 12, 2010, 08:45 PM
I just thought of another noobish question (you think id know by lv 73) if you attach an element to a weapon with no element it gives it the element at lv 1 right?

kirtblue
Jan 12, 2010, 11:59 PM
yep yep