PDA

View Full Version : Error code #86420?

Tales
Jan 10, 2010, 12:48 PM
When I go on Free Play, I sometimes get disconnected. It says: Error #86420, which is a connection problem between players.

I would like to know, has anyone ever gotten this error code? If so, how often do/did you get it? Did you ever fix the problem? How?

EDIT: I would really like to know whether this is just normal or if I set my router wrong... again. I thought I finally fixed it, but I'm still getting this code (sometimes).

Oh, just to clarify, this is all talking about at the Matchmaking screen. =)

Pokerealm
Jan 10, 2010, 12:53 PM
I voted "I get this error rarely.".

Sadly, I don't know what causes this, and I don't know how to fix it.
On the other hand, it occurs maybe once in 30 free plays, if not less, and you can still save your progress when getting disconnected.

pso_crash
Jan 10, 2010, 12:57 PM
does it happen often? I used to get those errors on MPH. Try resetting your DS. If that doesn'rt work it is probably a firewall in your router kicking you off.

Tales
Jan 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
I would say about 2/10 times.

Honestly and unfortunately, I believe I've done all I can.

Set up a Static connection on my PC, Router and DSi.
Turned router's Firewall off.
Opened up TCP & UDP ports 1-65535.
Put a WEP key on my Router.

Ugh. XD

Dnd
Jan 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
I get this error alot, roughly 80% of the time :/.. followed what the nintendo site says and hasnt improved much.. i just put it down to the fact im in the UK using a US import, but i can play with Jap people easy ;s

Tales
Jan 10, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yea, um, 2/10... scratch that. Just did a little test (or was going to, but gave up).
I got it 4 times in a row. Bawww... T-T

Also, Dnd, do you have any problems connecting with friends or is it just Free Play? =/

EDIT: Ok, 5 times. Just tried again. I get disconnected faster than normal, though. I think that means it's working! LOL

See, I had a problem where I could only do Free Play (even then I got disconnected, but a lot less) and connect with about 20% of people through friend codes. So yesterday, I opened up the TCP and UDP ports and BAM!, I could connect with the friends I couldn't before.

Hm. Really bad Free Play. Guess that's the price I have to pay? XD

mid Knight
Jan 10, 2010, 05:27 PM
I got this just now. To me if usually happen sometimes and varies i.e. like I couldn't connet for a night or I able to log in after one attempt. I think the problem to this is something like too many people online or something. I just type that error code onto Nintenndo ds support to find out.

ZetsumeiSan
Jan 10, 2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=86420&system=Wii&locale=en_US

Error Code: 86420
This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.

Try this:

If your router's security software (firewall) is turned on, it may block communication that is required for online gameplay. To fix this, try disabling the router's firewall*.
Most firewall settings are located under the "Advanced" or "Security" tab.
If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
Create a manual connection on your Wii and assign a static IP Address.
Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Wii during the manual setup.
Trouble connecting to a friend?
If the above steps have not resolved the issue and you are trying to connect with specific friends, the problem could potentially be an issue on your friend's network. Your friend will have to perform these troubleshooting steps with their home network.

Using USB Connector or Lan Adapter? Please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we can assist you further.

*While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs.

lavisblade
Jan 10, 2010, 10:43 PM
That's what I recommended she try...don't think it helped...

Tales, I thought this was for playing with friends? I haven't gotten it on Free Play, only when I try and play with you
XP

Cruciarius
Jan 10, 2010, 10:54 PM
First time I ever played with Tales with during a Free Play, then I PM'd her and we exchanged FC's.

Her and I can play fine together.

Tales, are their any other PSO-World members you've been able to play with?

FOmarRashidi
Jan 11, 2010, 01:18 AM
I have received this error a couple of times. I was soloing in online mode and wasn't about to pick up something I wanted those two times so it wasn't a big loss.

Tales
Jan 11, 2010, 07:25 PM
First time I ever played with Tales with during a Free Play, then I PM'd her and we exchanged FC's.

Her and I can play fine together.

Tales, are their any other PSO-World members you've been able to play with?

Nope just you.

But I did meet some kid (he's like 12 lol) on Facebook, and it works with him.
(My uncle is coming in 5 minutes or so to help me fix it. He's a computer genius xD)

Cruciarius
Jan 11, 2010, 07:44 PM
Nope just you.

But I did meet some kid (he's like 12 lol) on Facebook, and it works with him.
(My uncle is coming in 5 minutes or so to help me fix it. He's a computer genius xD)

Ah awesome. I hope he fixes it, so you can play with others.

Cause that Cruciarius guy is a horrible player. :-P

Aeris
Jan 11, 2010, 08:17 PM
I Never get that error on free play o_o since i am using my nintendo wifi usb adapter for a router for my wireless devices.

Dnd
Jan 11, 2010, 08:27 PM
Also, Dnd, do you have any problems connecting with friends or is it just Free Play? =/

Free play is very low on the connects for me.. but while my brother was at our mums in another town, was able to connect to him via wi-fi (friend code) *shrugs*..

Tales
Jan 12, 2010, 05:51 PM
Ah awesome. I hope he fixes it, so you can play with others.

Cause that Cruciarius guy is a horrible player. :-P

Yea he didn't lol. I'm just gonna' buy a new one.

AND YES HE'S HORRIBLE! XD

Cruciarius
Jan 12, 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm just gonna' buy a new one.

Buy a new what? Router?

From my understanding, many people have the issue, though others don't state their router.

The PM I sent you a while back, about the DNS settings of the DS, did you change that to how I have mine? Not sure if that would help or not. :-?

Tales
Jan 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
Buy a new what? Router?

From my understanding, many people have the issue, though others don't state their router.

The PM I sent you a while back, about the DNS settings of the DS, did you change that to how I have mine? Not sure if that would help or not. :-?

Yep. A Linksys this time. Getting it in a couple days.

And yea I did... but it didn't work. I think it's just the router. It's stupid lol

Dnd
Jan 12, 2010, 11:47 PM
It seems, even with every firewall off the network i cannot connect to quite afew people still.. but theres one thing i dont know how to do (never did -_-') is port forwarding xD.. halp?

Cruciarius
Jan 12, 2010, 11:57 PM
If your router doesn't have a manual, I'm sure you could easily just Google "port forwarding" + your router model. Each router has slightly different setups.

Why do port forwarding though? My DS was good to go on WiFi, right out of the box. I didn't have to change any of my network settings.

Dnd
Jan 12, 2010, 11:59 PM
Why do port forwarding though? My DS was good to go on WiFi, right out of the box. I didn't have to change any of my network settings.

Because mine likes to think theres a firewall when there isnt, also its the only thing from the nintendo help i havent actually done

EDIT: after like, an hour of not really getting anywhere quickly i've given up, till the morning that is