PDA

View Full Version : Tech Disk drop rates?

Oshikuru
Jan 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
I have a HUnewm who is currently level 54, and I've not been able to get Shifta or Deband (I *think* those are the supports he can learn). I've never seen it appear in the shop for him, which is how I've had to teach him all his other techs. I have all 3 elementals and 2 healing techs for him which I've had to buy from shops, as with this character I've never ever seen a tech disk drop from enemies or crates.

However I've got a FOmar too, at level 5, and I've seen a tech disk drop whilst playing as him (I think it was Barta which wasn't much help, but I obviously haven't played as him for nearly as much time).

Is this just some bizarre rotten luck, or some kind of gap in my understanding of PSZ?

FoMarlBorough
Jan 10, 2010, 06:09 PM
i think they are random. or at least limited until hard mode. on super they drop like crazy.

Cruciarius
Jan 10, 2010, 06:21 PM
I get them fairly often on any difficulty. Each difficulty has a cap on tech disc lvls though. Highest I got in normal were lvl 12 discs.

Used to keep extras of the highest lvls I would find per tech, but they were taking up too much trunk space, so I sold them.

zeital
Jan 10, 2010, 06:33 PM
also from what i know (which isn't good) hackers (like the r4 etc.) have riged drop rates i was reading a post ages ago about it, cuz i've been having no prob with tech drops

Nineteen
Jan 10, 2010, 08:18 PM
also from what i know (which isn't good) hackers (like the r4 etc.) have riged drop rates i was reading a post ages ago about it, cuz i've been having no prob with tech drops

Elaborating on this, flash card users have horrid drops. They are unable to get anything besides recovery items and armor from enemies. Very clever anti-piracy on Sega's part.

SPooksMcgee
Jan 10, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ya I am 56 and I still do not have reverser :/ which would help alot. I think I need a bigger mana pool i run out of mana so fast hehe

Paris
Jan 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
You know that reverser in PS0 is just Anti with the button held down, right?

SPooksMcgee
Jan 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
Wow....no i didnt lol

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
Elaborating on this, flash card users have horrid drops. They are unable to get anything besides recovery items and armor from enemies. Very clever anti-piracy on Sega's part.

Npt really, the drops can be fixed with a patch, if I remember correctly.
As far as I know, all games with anti-piracy have been fixed.

Opodomus
Jan 11, 2010, 09:19 AM
It would have been much smarter if for anti piracy they just made all the items that are really rare literally impossible to get. That way the pirates would keep playing and just think they had bad luck :)

Mordread'
Jan 11, 2010, 06:43 PM
Shifta drops in Makara Ruins (the cave area), I'm not sure about Deband...

FOmarRashidi
Jan 11, 2010, 11:18 PM
I received a Shifta drop last night when I was playing through the Acra plant so I doubt that tech is limited to Makara Ruins.

---

I am also under the impression the tech drops are random on the normal difficulty because I can recall instances of receiving most of the techs in two different locations.