PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help from someone with a Belkin router!!! DX

Tales
Jan 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
OK... whoever has a Belkin router, can you log on to your settings, and do a printscreen thing, and post it somewhere so I can see what they are? Or even just TELL me?!

I know I'm doing something wrong.

I obviously have no idea how to set up a router... and I am in desperate need of help.

EDIT: Know what? F that. ANY router.

Cruciarius
Jan 10, 2010, 05:52 PM
Sadly, with all my Google searching, I found little help on this. All I know is that it's a firewall issue and can be caused by yours or other firewalls. However, with the experience I've had with you and others, trying to join to form a group, I'm expecting it's your router.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=303956&highlight=86420

That thread (hope it's ok to link Sega's forum) has someone who has/had the same issue. They never posted that they fixed it, but it has everything I've found via Google.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 10, 2010, 06:06 PM
i had some issues and reset my router to factory specs and it resolved the issues. but its not a belkin. maybe give it a try.

GoR mehn
Jan 10, 2010, 07:49 PM
I don't have a Belkin router but I had to change my security to WEP for the DSi, so i know what you should have to do. Take your IP address and paste it into your address bar. This should take you to your router setup. You may have to put in a username/password. Mine was still the default Username: Admin , Password: password. You can find out your default username/password thru google by typing in your router model etc.

Cruciarius
Jan 10, 2010, 07:55 PM
Yes, I've read that although the DSi can access the higher security networks, apparently not a lot of games can. Try WEP network security, instead of the higher end security.

FOmarRashidi
Jan 11, 2010, 01:34 AM
I don't have a Belkin router but I had to change my security to WEP for the DSi, so i know what you should have to do. Take your IP address and paste it into your address bar. This should take you to your router setup. You may have to put in a username/password. Mine was still the default Username: Admin , Password: password. You can find out your default username/password thru google by typing in your router model etc.

I did the same thing when the installation CD that came with my router wouldn't work so this is the best way to go.

darthplagis
Jan 11, 2010, 03:34 AM
i have a belkin, it has the browser address and log in info on the bottom, the same sticker with the serial number on.

just enter it in your pc's web browser like a web address an log in with the codes on the sticker.

then all you do when in the router menus, is switch the security to wep and encrypt a password, write the encrtypted one down and enter the settings it displays in your DS when you set up the connection.

hope this helps :) i dont use the belkin router anymore but its the same on most routers

Macman
Jan 11, 2010, 03:35 AM
www.portforward.com
I know I had to enable DMZ on the DS for certain routers to work, I just don't know what ports are being used.