PDA

View Full Version : A Question about super hard

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
ok so im playing shrine on SH and i just wanted to know if its normal to only get a red drop sometimes or if your spose to be getting a red from like every chest in SH.

Opodomus
Jan 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
reds are rare regardless of difficulty. It's just on SH, when you get a red, it's going to be a stronger red than ones you find on normal or hard.

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
ok so im playing shrine on SH and i just wanted to know if its normal to only get a red drop sometimes or if your spose to be getting a red from like every chest in SH.

It all depends on luck.
Field runs have better drop rates than quests.
And Wifi play boosts the drops even more.

Sometimes I find 3 reds in a single chest, or not even one in 5 chests.
It's all random =)

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:24 PM
oh i was just wondering if it was me only getting a red every couple of chest. The most common red i get is stupid guardian armour, is that random or just a common red?

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:26 PM
oh i was just wondering if it was me only getting a red every couple of chest. The most common red i get is stupid guardian armour, is that random or just a common red?

A Guardian Frame is a common red drop.

Opodomus
Jan 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
A Guardian Frame is mag food.

fixed

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
One more question.... im useing action replay and flying through all these Super hard mode fields because all my stats are 9999 right now lol. I wants me some good swords >.< but would action replay effect my drops at all or is it still completly random?

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:30 PM
One more question.... im useing action replay and flying through all these Super hard mode fields because all my stats are 9999 right now lol. I wants me some good swords >.< but would action replay effect my drops at all or is it still completly random?

The only way it will affect your drops, is the way you feel when you find them.

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:32 PM
the way i feel when i find them?

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:34 PM
ok i just killed dark fal and the 3 reds i got was suckish lol..... Jasper Roar,Carabinier Armor,Nersir...

Jonty
Jan 11, 2010, 02:35 PM
I think Pokerealm's talking about the cheapening effect that cheating has on games for a lot of people. Not a condemnation - just an observation.

Cruciarius
Jan 11, 2010, 02:36 PM

As in...

You cheated, so do you feel good about finding a rare, knowing you cheated to get it?

Or would you feel better if you didn't cheat and actually earned the rare?

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:37 PM

Yeah, the feeling that you get when you find a super rare weapon.
I don't think it'd feel really special when just rushing through the maps having 9999 stats and such.

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
oh i dont care about the feeling haha, i just want me a good sword for my cast.

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:40 PM

Well, I can't forbid you to hack your game.
I just don't see the fun of hacking for your items, as the main goal of the game is to find those weapons. Reaching lvl 100 is just a small part of the game. Farming for items is what this game really is for.

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:41 PM
lol well perhaps i should just play online, ive heard that that can sometimes raise ur drop rate, dont know if its true or not though

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:44 PM
lol well perhaps i should just play online, ive heard that that can sometimes raise ur drop rate, dont know if its true or not though

Field Run Offline: 1.25x
Quest Offline: 1.0x

Field Run Online: 1.5x
Quest Online: 1.25x

So yeah, online always has increased drop rates.

Cruciarius
Jan 11, 2010, 02:45 PM
Playing online, non-missions will have better drop rates.

Finding players who want to play with cheaters may not be so easy.

pso_crash
Jan 11, 2010, 02:48 PM

Why not just make a sword for your cast with you AR? If you are going to cheat you may as well go balls deep.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 11, 2010, 02:50 PM
in a game that's based entirely on luck, is it fair to say that rare drops are "earned"? one individual can spend months farming for a weapon and never find it and another just happens to get said weapon on his 5th run, doesn't even have a use for it or care of the value. has the later individual "earned" his weapon and the prior hasn't?

Pokerealm
Jan 11, 2010, 02:54 PM
in a game that's based entirely on luck, is it fair to say that rare drops are "earned"? one individual can spend months farming for a weapon and never find it and another just happens to get said weapon on his 5th run, doesn't even have a use for it or care of the value. has the later individual "earned" his weapon and the prior hasn't?

In my opinion, every legit player earns the drops they get.
Wheter it's on your first run, or after months of farming.

As long as you got it legitimate, you've earned it =p

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
haha i dont think i can make a sword....

zachlingerfelt
Jan 11, 2010, 02:57 PM
huh.... im tryin to play free play on wi-fi but it takes forever for people to join, and its normally only 1 person...

Cruciarius
Jan 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
In my opinion, every legit player earns the drops they get.
Wheter it's on your first run, or after months of farming.

As long as you got it legitimate, you've earned it =p

Agreed.

And I for one will never play willingly, knowing someone is cheating. It's too much of a pain for legit players.

When a legit player plays with a player who cheats, the cheater is always dying on our screen, yet still seems to attack. Because of this, all hostiles go after the legit player.

If you want to cheat and play online, do us legit players a favor and do it in solo online mode.

Ice Sniper
Jan 11, 2010, 04:32 PM
Agreed.

And I for one will never play willingly, knowing someone is cheating. It's too much of a pain for legit players.

When a legit player plays with a player who cheats, the cheater is always dying on our screen, yet still seems to attack. Because of this, all hostiles go after the legit player.

If you want to cheat do us legit players a favor and play alone or not at all.

Fixed.

I personally don't stand for cheaters at all and won't play or trade with them. Half the fun is earning the stuff especially since doing something in a video game has no real purpose. I say either play the game its meant to be played or go find something else to do.

As to the weapons you can do pretty much anything with those action replay things, you could probably make a weapon or even just take a crappy basic saber and make it better then any uber rare. However it may indeed be affecting the drop rates because I actually have a friend in real life who had an action replay that broke/totally screwed up some of his games.