PDA

View Full Version : cant decide on a Hu

digitalmasterc
Jan 12, 2010, 07:58 PM
I've been playing a Humar and I'm disappointed with his techniques. Without the mind of a Fo, Resta doesn't cut it. The only tech I use is Anti. These also cost PP that could be used on PAs.

I was thinking of starting over as a Cast. The traps seem to be comparable to the Humar's techs and hes equipped with better attack and accuracy. Granted, traps are more difficult to use compared to techs, but I cant help but see the fun in a well placed trap :D

I play a high level Fomar so there might be a slight bias on the strength of a Humar's tech power.

Is their something I'm missing? it seem the cast is blatantly better suited for Hu. What makes a Humar worthwhile?

Teirusu
Jan 12, 2010, 08:13 PM
If you want your Resta to heal more as a HUmar, equip a Slicer before using Resta. I play HUmar and I ALWAYS keep my Tri Magenta in my inventory so I can cast better Resta. It's usually the last weapon in the inventory's auto-sort, so it's easy to switch to, too.

And traps really aren't that good. The only ones worth writing home about are Burn Traps and Heal Traps, the former because burn can be a powerful status condition, and the latter because they work as a pre-emptive way to ressurrect yourself without Scapes.

That said, HUcasts ARE more accurate, more durable, and more powerful than HUmars. HUmar's advantage is that he can play a minor support role in the absence of real Forces by being able to cast S/D (Which you should definately give a try if you haven't already) and cast Resta (Admittedly, he can't do much with it without a good slicer).

Adittedly, HUnewm/earl have better MST HUmar, and have amazing EVP, so maybe you might want to try those if you want a Hunter with techs.

nickfurious
Jan 12, 2010, 08:28 PM
yea man honestly i love my hunewm things hit him hard but the trick is thats only WHEN he gets hit my evasion is at roughly upper 500's and its rare for me to get hit outside of boss fights and to be honest if you stack your stats right and get the highest level buffs your dmg output is usually just under a cast by about 30-60 points which really isnt that much ie my hits are 200 cast is 240 kinda deal

digitalmasterc
Jan 12, 2010, 08:45 PM
Perhaps my vision of the Hu class is a bit skewed. I stereotyped them into a tanking class. my Humar runs with a shield. My damage isn't perfect but I take one hell of a hit. My purpose is survival. I try to take a majority of the damage so my "weaker" friends wont have to.
I have to admit, I didn't consider Shifta/Deband in my arsenal. This is a major buff to Humar.

I never thought much on a Hunewearl. I wasn't attracted to their low HP, but perhaps with the right mats and mag, I could avoid most damage completely. The better techs and PP recovery could be amazing.

Thank you very much for the info. I'll try them all! I enjoy this game WAY to much. leveling a couple alts isn't a problem...

Cruciarius
Jan 12, 2010, 08:51 PM
Hunters aren't forces. You're not going to be able to use techs as effectively as them, but as said, you could be a backup support player, when the group lacks a force. While not great, your healing is better than nothing.

In my opinion, if you want a strong hunter, go HUcast or HUcaseal. If you want a hunter who can use techs, go HUnewm or HUnewearl.

sylwyn
Jan 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
Anything that is not force or newman should not be depending on Resta for healing~ (unless someone decides to use a slicer...)

Although the cast hunters have the worst deal on traps Ice/Confu Confu/Heal to 10 they have the highest stats that are most important to the class; ATP, DEF, ATA, and HP.

Though human hunters can provide support, a newman is better at that job not to mention the highest EVP in the game.

digitalmasterc
Jan 12, 2010, 09:31 PM
My 29 Humar fought and beat Dark Falz in normal. I wasn't impressed with his abilities in this fight. My Fo did a much better job. It cost me three Escape Dolls and every mate I had. Granted the shield wasn't the best choice of weaponry but the damage dealt seemed too high.

One more question: How would a Hunewm with a his higher Mst on shifta/deband + high EVP compare to a Hucast defensively and offensively?

sylwyn
Jan 12, 2010, 11:11 PM
In comparison a HUnewm is considerably more frail than a HUcast but when you get used to monster behavior you'll eventually find that you won't be getting hit as much based on instinct.

Though a cast's resources are limited that is replaced by their superior offensive/defensive stats. While Resta with a pure ATP build on a HUnewm can still heal 1/3 of your base HP at any lv. Shifta provides a very desirable boost to your base ATP/MST which plays a big part in the damage formula. While Deband is fairly weak in this game a good player should be able to dodge most enemy attacks with ease.

In this game EVP > DFP because you completely dodge the attack without any stalling animation, as if nothing happened at all, if you don't get knocked down due to your high DFP you will be stunned for a time.

However from my experience newmans develop very late into the game, you won't see very high growth in stats until higher levels. Which is probably why they keep getting described as being for advanced players... but once you get to high levels with one they seem unstoppable due to their PP regeneration being more than enough to keep them at max most of the time, I love PA spamming and not having to use items and worry about resources.

Casts however seem to develop fairly early into the game and stay strong with unrivaled offensive stats, a sloppy player(my brother refuses to use the roll) will have trouble playing them with their limited resources though paired with the fact that they will get hit most of the time.

The damage difference though isn't that huge unless they use high mod PAs like Over End. Also consider that every weapon will suck on everyone in SH mode unless they have a high element or decent monster % boosts on it.

007monkeyman
Jan 12, 2010, 11:29 PM
Use a HUcast or HUcaseal. If you're strong enough you won't need to use ANY magic. Just stock up on Monomates, Dimates, and if you play on SH, Trimates as well. Have the Dimates and Difluids on your palette. Trimates are for hard bosses and Monomates are for emergencies. If you play online, have a good weapon, and you follow what I said you will rarely die.

Dnd
Jan 12, 2010, 11:34 PM
Personally, i love my hunewearl to bits. the damage output is very nice (~220/heavy hit in valley with lv15 shifta/zalure) 0% native/beast but lv4 celeb. my resta is powerful enough to keep myself healed past most/all damage that hits me.. i rarely use attack techs, unless someone else is doing surport

kirtblue
Jan 12, 2010, 11:40 PM
heres a little known secret all hunters suck in this game they get the short end of the stick you will never do as much damage as a force
so if you want more damage use your fomar
if you want a more powerful hunter use hucast
if you want a hunter that can play support roles as well try hunewm or hunewearl

sylwyn
Jan 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
heres a little known secret all hunters suck in this game they get the short end of the stick you will never do as much damage as a force

Completely off topic and not entirely true. I've played with a full MST FOnewm and have never broken 450 dmg with any tech in SH mode and in order to compete with some hunters with good weapons I need to spam techs like there is no tomorrow ultimately using almost all fluids, while the better PAs are multi-hit with high damage at a much cheaper price. While RAzonde is multi-hit it doesn't help that it only does mediocre damage (under 300 dmg ands hits 2x, 3x if lucky) on every enemy. I always used the Shifta/Zalure combo on my force.

Without Zalure, even Bite Stamp can already pump up the same if not better damage than a force, hits 3x for roughly half the PP. Not to mention Hadan Bite the strongest claw in the game is very easy to acquire and makes for a very good transition weapon. Just like there is tech resistance for monsters there is also damage type resistance.

digitalmasterc
Jan 13, 2010, 11:35 AM
Ive recently started a Hunewearl alt to compare with my Humar. I am very impressed with the techniques in comparison. So much that i wondered if my Hunewearl could put a wand, rod or slicer to work full time and still display decent damage.

Lastly, I'm a bit in the dark here when it comes to mats and mags. I want to even further supplement her high EVP, Keep decent techniques without completely gimping my damage. My Humar ran on a 3/4 ATP-1/4 ATA mag and my Fo has a 3/4 MST - 1/4 ATA as well as a full MST. I plan to build my little lady her own mag, but my intentions were to borrow one in the process.

Thanks again for the great info.
You all have been so helpful!

Edit: Fixed mistyped Mag spec

sylwyn
Jan 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
While a HUnewearl can play as a techer the lack of Zalure and lv15 techs make it hard to do decently in SH mode, where monster resistance, DFP, and HP rise dramatically. They are adept slicer users and are able to switch between a physical/magical setup if you have the proper gear. Though as any hunter, they can deal out better damage in the physical route.

Lv10 zonde is still very powerful especially since it has multi-hit, status, requires little aiming, and a very good partner for the slicer PA Bright Sign.

Her EVP is high enough not to need more boost to it, because even though it is a godly stat we are still dealing with the "hidden" luck stat. Those mags are ideal for her although at higher levels ATA becomes obselete when you reach the ideal amount.

digitalmasterc
Jan 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
My plan is to stack Guard and Hit materials and use a mag to increase my ATP or MST depending on which i need. Is this a decent strategy?

Only two more quests till Hard and I try a Hucast on my roommates cart.
I dont remember my Fo being this difficult :)

sylwyn
Jan 13, 2010, 12:58 PM
Should flip and put materials into offensive stats, because base ATP/MST effects shifta and the dmg formula more. Materials add to your base stats whereas a mag, being equipment adds to additional stats.

But yea, a FO may have it easier in N - H mode but those modes are very easy to begin with anyway. SH mode FO melee is no longer viable without sacrifice and the fact that no monster is afraid of tech weapons doesn't help, along with the fact that most monsters become weak to only one tech. Although this helps your palette alot it is considerably harder on the female FO because of this.

Although it is alot a easier to suck as HU/RA in this game, due to the tech damage formula, there are alot more ways to increase damage and variety as a HU/RA.

digitalmasterc
Jan 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hmm. Unfortunately, your right. I was hoping to build a 3/4 ATP - 1/4 Mst Mag for ATP weps and a Full Mst for use with Force Weps. I guess i'll have to reconsider my balance between Mst/ATP. It would do me little good to have it the way i originally planned.