PDA

View Full Version : the magic SH ATA #

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 07:42 AM
if 550 is the magic ATA# for normal hits what is it for heavy hits? I notice at 582 ATA with my double saber I only miss the more evasive enemies with heavy attacks rarely so it can't be that much more ATA. Idk how much ATA is reduced when you heavy hit anyway.

Pokerealm
Jan 13, 2010, 07:50 AM
I believe heavy attacks are more accurate if you use it last in your combo.
I think 600 should be good enough to hit almost always.

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 08:54 AM
yeah I remember reading also that the 2nd and 3rd attacks in a combo are "more accurate" but as usual! I like specific information which alot of stuff fails to give me... how more accurate? a fixed # like 25 ATA on the 2nd and 50 on the 3rd? or is it a %? like 5% on the 2nd and 10% on the 3rd? or are the 2nd and 3rd the same amount?

In order for my HUcast to 1 or 2 combo something I have to do heavy-normal-heavy, I can't really sacrifice doing normal-normal-heavy until I get like a Clair Doubles, my Dioskuroi is great but it doesn't have that celeb punch.

Sigh I which I wasn't such a numbers person but I can't help it ^^;

Opodomus
Jan 13, 2010, 09:07 AM
I read in another post that it was 450, not 550. Have I been deceived?!?

Also, are ranged weapons more prone to missing than melee weapons?

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 09:09 AM
I think the post in question where you're refering to the guy said 450 but got corrected to 550 and he agreed as 450 was a typo and fixed it (I forget the thread it was recent) if it was 450, my FOnewearls ATA is 420 I wouldnt be missing things in hard like I do sometimes.

Opodomus
Jan 13, 2010, 09:13 AM
I noticed you're from Virginia... I watched a movie recently where a guy is flirting with a girl and she says she's from Maryland. He says "oh hey, Maryland is for lovers, right?!" and she says "No... Virginia is for lovers... Maryland is for crabs."

My wife and I cracked up! We're from Maryland :)

Anyways, 550... well I will have to replan my "someday what I want" character...

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 09:28 AM
Lol yeah I've heard that quote before I forget what movie it's from. But yeah... I don't get our state motto... Virginia is for lovers... of ... what? or are we just lovers? we're all sexually active relationship people? what?

Opodomus
Jan 13, 2010, 09:38 AM
all except for you :(

sorry, but you walked right into it :P

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 09:39 AM
ZING!

Well kinda back on topic, does anyone know how/how much the 2nd/3rd attacks in combo affect your ATA?

Pokerealm
Jan 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure nobody knows (yet).

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 10:55 AM
ugh, I'm sure some smart individual has figured it out I just can't read the Jap PSZ wiki :/

Tamlin42
Jan 14, 2010, 03:06 AM
I think I'm the person who posted 450 and got corrected to 550. I knew 550 was a magic number from SOMEWHERE. I just checked my records and found that Golf Guru (on another BBS) mentioned 550 was the magic number for consistantly hitting using NOTHING but Heavy Attack. Which means a lower number must be the magic number for using nothing but Normal Attack. But I dimly remember OTHER people posting 550 ATA was some sort of Magic Number that had to be achieved to consistantly hit anything on Super Hard ON-line.

My HUnewearl rarely misses using single Normal attacks with Claws on Super Hard Off-line with 531 ATA. My FOmarl misses about 1 in 10 using single Normal attacks with a Slicer on Super Hard Off-line with 474 ATA which is why I posted 450.

<Sigh> Now I'm confused. My FOmarl does just fine even on Super Hard ON-line. So where DID this 550 ATA come from?

Macman
Jan 14, 2010, 04:59 AM
550 is probably for people who do normal-hard-hard combos. My mechs are near that amount and they are reasonably accurate.

Tamlin42
Jan 14, 2010, 12:24 PM
I think I figured out what is causing all the confusion:

550 ATA really IS the magic number but ONLY for those who want to do MAXIMUM DPS (that's Damage per Second) without using PAs (Photon Arts) or Techniques while playing Super Hard mode On-Line. Under those conditions, you need an ATA of 550 to consistently hit almost ALL the time using a sequence of 3 Heavy Attacks. (So you're trying to do a chain of Heavy-Heavy-Heavy.)

If you're using a sequence of Normal-Normal-Normal, Normal-Normal-Heavy, or charging PAs using Normal attack, 450 ATA will do nicely. (That is, if you're playing Super Hard mode On-Line. If you're playing Normal or Hard mode Off or On-Line, you can consistently hit with less than 450 ATA.) And if you're planning on using Techniques, you don't care about ATA because Techniques don't miss if you aim them right.

Does that make sense? (Took me long enough, eh?) :-)

leviayurashyguy
Jan 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
the mobs i've noticed with 540 ATA are the rabbits and dogs in rioh, a select few in Dark Shrine, and maybe bats..... maybe >_>

basically the rule of thumb i go by is if its easy to kill, its prolly harder to hit

FoMarlBorough
Jan 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
if someone could come up with the magic number for hard/normal on/offline, then im sure we could figure out the numbers needed for each class mats-wise. reverse engineer your character: i wanna spam X pa on sh online...i need Y ata, but also Z ata to hit heavy-heavy-heavy as well.

one would use the one that was higher of Y or Z and plan mats accordingly. specially for projected lvl 100. i dont know if rangers have to care but im sure forces would. at least for any melee.