PDA

View Full Version : Claw PA's?

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
Well I was gonna sell this Garahadan Fang but then I thought hmmm maybe Ill try turning it into something good and play around with it first.
Now I've rolled it a couple times just to get the different PA's and try em out since I never had before:
Bite stamp does ever so slightly less damage then Serpent Air (540% across 3 attacks on stamp vs 575% across 5 attacks on air) but it has the same distance range as Sword-Over end but doesnt hit things in a line just a targeted spot vs Air that hits everything around you in melee range.
My question is can bite stamp hit multiple boss spots, like both legs of Humilias, head and torso of Dark Falz / Reyburn? Otherwise its useless to me

Pokerealm
Jan 13, 2010, 02:01 PM
No, Bite Stamp doesn't hit multiple parts.
And if it does, it happens rarely.

Serpent Air is what you want.
It's great against normal monsters, aswell as bosses.

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 02:09 PM
Yea that's what I was thinking, Serpent Air, just kinda sucks you gotta be in melee

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 02:33 PM
Ugh just rolled a 35/42/38/0/0 Serpent Air, so close to what I was looking for, trying to roll for 4 stats like with my Crystal Hulse and old Askalon.
Sigh oh well back to reseting.

rhubarbot
Jan 13, 2010, 03:03 PM
No, Bite Stamp doesn't hit multiple parts.
And if it does, it happens rarely.

Serpent Air is what you want.
It's great against normal monsters, aswell as bosses.

I use Bite Stamp all the time against bosses and it does hit every part of every boss reliably, provided you aim it correctly. (This is not hard to do at all except on Humilias; certainly, Bite Stamp is far easier to aim than Over End.)

Serpent Air is ok, but its limited range is a real liability against most bosses since you generally don't want to be right up inside the boss when you're attacking. My current preferred weapon is my Foie Haze, which has Air Ride, a PA that hits a similar area to Serpent Air. But I still switch out to my old Hadan for bosses because of the big advantage that having a ranged hit gives me. Mother Trinity, Falz, Reyburn, Octo, Mobius..... all become much easier to kill with that range advantage. Plus the kills are faster too, since you're not getting knocked around/having to heal up.

edenz
Jan 13, 2010, 03:18 PM
Ugh just rolled a 35/42/38/0/0 Serpent Air, so close to what I was looking for, trying to roll for 4 stats like with my Crystal Hulse and old Askalon.
Sigh oh well back to reseting.

Getting % in all 4 cant always be good, go for the one you need more eg, beast for octo diablo and valley arena, native for reyburn, machine for paru boss and arca, dark for shrine etc. Which ever you have difficulties against.

On the other hand if its you first hadan bite then going for as much % as possible is ok, after that try to gather more hadan fangs as they arent hard to obtain and go for 50% in each stats making it 4 boss killing hadan bites :P

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
eh I want 4 mods (3 monster + acc adjustment, or 4 monster if thats possible?) or 3 mods to monster because it isnt going to be my end all be all weapon, its something different and powerful to use till I get my Clair Doubles anyway. I just don't like the way Claws look on my HUcast I prefer double sabers / swords.

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 04:07 PM
Waaaaaaaah 27/14/39/38 NO PA adsjkljkflgkjdbnvjdkfb sigh, ima try again later I think my power button is tired of me molesting it 3 times a minute.

Tamlin42
Jan 13, 2010, 05:05 PM
I feel your pain.

I actually prefer Serpent Air on my Hunewearl. She's only lv74and already most hostiles miss her most of the time. Soon she'll be almost untouchable. So it won't matter if she has to run in real close to use the PA, will it?

Serpent Air works great vs mobs and most bosses. (Especially vs Humilius in Hard mode. She's not ready yet to face him in Super Hard.) I also don't have to aim to get the PA to hit what I want. (For a fumble fingers like me, this is HUGE.)

Then again, if you're planning on using it with a cast, rhubarbot's opinion is probably better than mine.

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah I messed around with the PA's a bit more and found I like Bite Stamp better.
I like having +'s to everything it just "looks" nice and feels uber heh.

Zike
Jan 13, 2010, 05:40 PM
I dont think you have to turn your power off just quit and don't save

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 05:48 PM
*tries it* Son of a.... that's why it's bad to be like me and be super focused on details you miss the simple stuff /facepalm

Tamlin42
Jan 13, 2010, 05:53 PM
Just be careful. If you get into a rythum, you risk ditching your Uber weapon 'cause instead of SAVING you'll just quit WITHOUT saving. I had to be VERY careful I didn't accidentally quit AND save. <Sigh> I've done that enough times.

FOrulz
Jan 13, 2010, 06:43 PM
Quit and save> I've done that before thinking I can exit quickly and not save. Anyways, bite stamp is the best claw PA hands down. Slide end does look very cool though, when it hits correctly. I remember sweeping a trio of finjers and then landing down on them claw in hand-looks awesome if you ask me.

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 07:41 PM
My HUnewearl's Hadan Bit has 30/15/42/21 and serpent air. Took me 1 week of resetting to get it perfect

Tizerak
Jan 13, 2010, 08:31 PM
Took me 1 week of resetting to get it perfect

*dies*

kirtblue
Jan 13, 2010, 09:14 PM
bite stamp most certainly hits multi parts

Tizerak
Jan 14, 2010, 10:50 AM
sigh... I should have just kept to turning the power on and off.
Yesterday I was in the flow of reseting a couple of times a minute when I was reminded I could just reset it without turning off the power: start, up, A, down, A, A, down A.
And then one time I must have just zoned out from doing it so much I hit Save instead of Quit Game, I quickly tried to turn the power off while it was saving to no avail, turned the DS back on to a crappy naked Hadan Bite in my inventory.
I haven't played the game since....
I pop the catridge out and almost threw it across the room ( I do that alot when I'm really mad lol *looks at the holes in the dry wall covered by paper* >_> )

I guess I should go farm another but it was pretty much just an inbetweener until I get clair doubles, so I might as well spend time farming on the end product right?

Bleh...

Opodomus
Jan 14, 2010, 11:01 AM
Two words: Anger Management

Tizerak
Jan 14, 2010, 11:09 AM
Funny movie

leviayurashyguy
Jan 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
bite stamp is generally accepted as the better PA: less hits, lengthy start-up, and less ATA but quicker execution, longer range, and hits more targets

i personally prefer serpent air but most of the time its a hassle to land all 5 hits, and w/o all the hits connecting, it does less damage than Bite Stamp

kirtblue
Jan 14, 2010, 07:45 PM
there both good just use whatever one you find first and if it dont suit you find the opposite one