PDA

View Full Version : SH HUcast mag?

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 03:09 PM
My HUcast isn't in SH, yet, but he's lvl 40 and needs a new mag anyway. Might as well just make his SH mag.

Right now he's got a Urado, which has a midgul PB. At first, I liked being able to shift/deband with it, being a HUcast, but it doesn't last long enough.

What mag stats do other HUcasts have? I'm thinking a mix of power and hit. Maybe some guard, but unsure. I also would like to have granir or at least pacifal, since those are the only two PB I care for.

edenz
Jan 13, 2010, 03:15 PM
100 power mag Granier Fickle << Both my hunters use this lol

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
So a 100 power mag?

Any other recommendations?

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 04:24 PM
99 power/1 hit. Thats how my HU mags are

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 04:33 PM
So you went for pacifal? I prefer granir, though both are good.

I'm leaning towards the 100 power mag, since it's granir.

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 05:57 PM
Just ran hard ruins, at lvl 41 (got to 42 during the end of the run) and granted I was using a sword, I felt like I was missing too much. I'm thinking of putting some hit and guard on the mag.

Kirukia
Jan 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
You may want to look into max stats first. If you're a HUcast you'll have a ton of ATP anyway. There isn't much use in having a 100 pow mag if you only need like 50 to cap later on.

ARChan
Jan 13, 2010, 06:19 PM
You can be the odd person and have 100 guard for lots of survivability. Haha! Just a suggestion if you're just going to grill me later ^^;

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 06:22 PM
I don't know if I'd use a 100 guard mag. Was thinking more like a 50 power, 25 hit and 25 guard... is that too much hit?

ARChan
Jan 13, 2010, 06:26 PM
I don't know if I'd use a 100 guard mag. Was thinking more like a 50 power, 25 hit and 25 guard... is that too much hit?

Considering you're a CAST, maybe hit would be kinda odd to put in. 50 power and 50 guard? ^^;

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 06:31 PM
Why is hit odd for a cast? As I said, I was missing in the ruins at lvl 41. Oh and that is with a master/hit on too.

Kirukia
Jan 13, 2010, 06:48 PM
Casts generally have decent accuracy.
You were using a sword though, which has low accuracy.
If you're having trouble with hit you can put hit on your mag. I'd suggest putting on what you think you need, not what other people think is good. Nobody knows your character like you do.

l3iohazard
Jan 13, 2010, 07:10 PM
mine is 50 power and 50 hit, but now that i pretty much use daggers and claws exclusively i regret not making it 99 power and 1 hit.

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'll likely end up using a shield or double swords. Also like gunswords, but unsure if those would be great for a HUcast.

Tried daggers and claws, but didn't care for them.

Kirukia
Jan 13, 2010, 10:45 PM
Well if you plan on going shield I don't think you'll need defense on your mag. Shields already grant some nice defense, but are lacking in attack. If you're going shield I think it would be better to put more power on your mag.

Cruciarius
Jan 13, 2010, 11:35 PM
So power, no guard? What about hit?

Suppose I should go look up the 7* shields, to be sure I want one first.

Kirukia
Jan 14, 2010, 01:16 AM
If you're going to be using a shield guard is almost pointless. If you were only planning on getting guard to 25, shields will give more. So that problem is pretty much solved by your weapon. If you have trouble hitting put some hit on it but I'd mostly do power. As for double sabers it's kind of up to you cuz I"m not really sure what you feel you're lacking.

l3iohazard
Jan 14, 2010, 02:12 AM
Tried daggers and claws, but didn't care for them.

they're the best weapons in the game for a HUcast, double sabers as cool as they look suck =/

Kirukia
Jan 14, 2010, 02:17 AM
they're the best weapons in the game for a HUcast, double sabers as cool as they look suck =/

Lol but he doesn't like them.
I think people should play with what they like don't you?
Games are supposed to be fun, not a competition to be the strongest.

Cruciarius
Jan 14, 2010, 02:22 AM

I tried them, but don't like how close I have to be to hit the hostiles. I prefer melee weapons with a bit more range. Swords are a nice example , though they're a bit slow. Shields seem to have a greater range than daggers and they even hit multiple targets, which is why I prefer them.

Just wish we could get the Helian Shield in the US version. ^^;

FoMarlBorough
Jan 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
anybody done a hucast with mechguns, or are they too crappy this time around? Would that need a hit mag?

Tizerak
Jan 14, 2010, 11:08 AM
Meh, best you could get are some celeb black hawks but their ATP is half that of the good 7* double sabers / daggers which also achieve 6 hits in a combo.
I think they were alot better in PSO with... 9 hits in a combo?

Kirukia
Jan 14, 2010, 11:47 AM
Meh, best you could get are some celeb black hawks but their ATP is half that of the double sabers / daggers which also achieve 6 hits in a combo.
I think they were alot better in PSO with... 9 hits in a combo?

Yup 9 hits. Mechs were pretty nice in PSO. They aren't that great in zero. Actually my ranger has been using melee .__. Though part of that is cuz I don't have any good low level guns.
I'm gonna give it a Phobos Shoot once it hits 28.

Cruciarius
Jan 14, 2010, 12:12 PM
Is it possible to have enough guard and/or evade that the smaller hostiles (not counting bosses or big hostiles in ares) have trouble hitting in SH? Wondering if I would enjoy a mag that was less power, but more survivability.

Pokerealm
Jan 14, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'd say 50 Power/50 Hit, or 75 Power/25 Hit.

I use both of those, and a full power mag, depending on the situation/map.

Google
Jan 14, 2010, 02:19 PM
Mine is 100 power, Ruffian nature and Granir as a Photon Blast.

Funkbuda
Jan 14, 2010, 09:54 PM
Whats been really working for me is a 99 power, 1 defense, Midgul photon blast mag. The photon blast really helps (well me anyways) with boss fights.

Krank32oz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:10 PM
What I have done is use all 80 power materials and then go some hit and the rest power. You def don't need guard but if u miss a lot all your damage is worthless. So i would say hit is def somewhat important. I have 70 power/30 hit and I do super hard now at lv 64 and still miss a decent amount but thats bc of my lv. Just wait till you get higher lv to decide how much hit you wana make your mag

Cruciarius
Jan 14, 2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, good point. I'll worry more about hit, when I lvl some more.

I upgraded my weapon from a sword to a shield closer of my current lvl and I've not been missing since. Still raising a new mag anyway, since I want that other PB... grazir, I think was the name. Not liking the shifta/deband PB as much as I thought I would.

Krank32oz
Jan 15, 2010, 09:19 AM
Yea I would wait a bit more. I was hoping the s/d was going to be nice but its def way to short. The old PSO game you could get those daggers that did shifta and deb which was sick but those are all but a memory now!