PDA

View Full Version : Important Issue On Moderator/ Administrator's Power

CXF2689
Feb 27, 2003, 10:15 PM
Without pointing any fingers or naming any names, I have recently come across a problem with this board. All the rules say that PSOW has no biast view on duping, but the actions of certain moderators do not go along with that. I am wondering how someones post that gave the password to one of his events was edited, and he was told he violated some rule. If in the rules it doesnt state you cant have giveaways, how was this User penalized. If this one user was penalized then everyone on this board has to be penalize, because it is a know fact that everyone who has a Trade List has atleast some duped item, it may not be from them, but its just a fact. So what I am trying to get at is, Do you think the actions of this moderator where appropriate, do you think he should have edited the post of this User even though he violated no rules. Or do you think like me and think this moderator used his/her's own biast opion on duping and violated this Users rights.

Please post your opinions along with your answer to the poll.

Also DO NOT NAME NAMES, thank you for taking your time to read this.

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 10:27 PM
First of all, it was in the wrong forum, since nothing was being traded. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Second, there's enough dupes out there already like you said, is there really any need for them to just be handed out to ANYone that may want them? If they were to let that slide, they might as well just post the duping method(s) and schedule a weekly duping event, or heck even have a duping contest!

I'm glad someone is at least locking and editing the topics, and I know it's mean but I wish the poster (avoiding names for their sake, not that it's hard to find those topics in question) would be banned.

It's hard to stay neutral when PSO is taking such brutal punishment...

Celes152
Feb 27, 2003, 10:35 PM
Biggest waste of General Forum space. Ever.

CXF2689
Feb 27, 2003, 10:39 PM
Do not flame, seeing as how this will probably get moderator/administrator attention, I would HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT FLAMING ME.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 27, 2003, 10:42 PM
I don't really see your problem. If the mods want to edit or delete parts or all of someone's post then that's their business not yours. They were made moderators for a reason. Also this has nothing to do with gameplay so I don't believe this topic shouldn't be here. And I believe it was stated that this site does not support cheating and maybe the mod in question felt that giving away duped items fell into that catagory.

Edit: Stupid typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blood_Dragoon on 2003-02-27 20:04 ]</font>

pixelate
Feb 27, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-02-27 19:15, CXF2689 wrote:
Without pointing any fingers or naming any names, I have recently come across a problem with this board. All the rules say that PSOW has no biast view on duping, but the actions of certain moderators do not go along with that. I am wondering how someones post that gave the password to one of his events was edited, and he was told he violated some rule. If in the rules it doesnt state you cant have giveaways, how was this User penalized. If this one user was penalized then everyone on this board has to be penalize, because it is a know fact that everyone who has a Trade List has atleast some duped item, it may not be from them, but its just a fact. So what I am trying to get at is, Do you think the actions of this moderator where appropriate, do you think he should have edited the post of this User even though he violated no rules. Or do you think like me and think this moderator used his/her's own biast opion on duping and violated this Users rights.

Please post your opinions along with your answer to the poll.

Also DO NOT NAME NAMES, thank you for taking your time to read this.

Okie doke. I'll let everyone know the situation with this.

There are no official rules for or against trading/giving out duped items. The only thing that addresses this issue is my sticky thread in Trade about not to harass members about their items.

The problem is, the post I came across was six pages full of people harassing the person who started the topic and harassing each other. And harassing/flaming is not allowed.

I locked the next two topics this person made because I didn't want them to go the way of the first six-page-long thread. Harassing/flaming is not allowed, and I'm not going to wait again for a topic to hit six pages of flaming when I already saw it happen.

I edited out the location of where the give-away was going to take place because I didn't want people to go into the game where they might continue to harass another member of PSOW.

No, this person is not being penalized for wanting to hand out large amounts of dupes. Out of all these threads, the only people being penalized are the ones who decided to harass/flame other people, which I will be handing out warnings for later today.

The issue of trading/giving out duped items is to be discussed by staff in Arkham during the coming week. After that, we'll have an official rule added that best fits every staff member's views, then let everyone know about it and listen to member opinions about the new rule.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 27, 2003, 11:09 PM
Suppose the mod discussion of trading dupes was needed as it appears that the topic itself seems to get some extreme and mixed reactions from a large portion of the people on this forum.

pixelate
Feb 27, 2003, 11:15 PM
On 2003-02-27 20:09, Blood_Dragoon wrote:
Suppose the mod discussion of trading dupes was needed as it appears that the topic itself seems to get some extreme and mixed reactions from a large portion of the people on this forum.

Yea, it's a discussion that's been needed for a while. I know I can't make everyone happy with what I'm doing in the Trade section to keep it as flame-free as possible until we have an official desicion, but I'm trying to keep the topics on a laid-back level.

Para
Feb 27, 2003, 11:27 PM
eh... usually i can see that alot of the time... theres ALOT of miscommunication

LollipopLolita
Feb 27, 2003, 11:30 PM
I made Pixelate a mod because I belive in him, I believe that he can do the job and to date he has. He has been fair, never biased, and does the job more than what is expected. I have my faith in Pixelate as he has proven himself and even contributes to the site more than just being a moderator. As per the duping thread, I was the one who told Pixelate to move the topic momentarily to handle the matter and that we will discuss this topic further in hand within the staff. Pixelate did this upon my instruction.

There is no official rule regarding this matter because there hasn't been an issue like this in which someone was massively giving out dupes. Now, if you wanted to do this, go ahead. But I do not tolerate using PSOW as a meeting place to arrange this. This is not only my view but the site owner's view. This topic shall now be locked by me.