PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 TA'ing in PSP2

Deragonite
Jan 14, 2010, 09:18 AM
Do people TA in PSP2?

I'm not exactly ready to TA yet but my fastest completion time for Ancient Agressor S is 10:59 on story mode as a level 150 fcast hunter. I'm just curious what times other people are getting on it and whether or not people TA in PSP2.

xBladeM6x
Jan 14, 2010, 11:04 PM
People don't really TA in this game because there is so much to do. Don't take that as a personal insult or anything, just saying that most people who play are trying to find great S ranks, extend codes, photon boosters, and beating hard mode.

Maybe when people become more settled with the game, and have found a lot of the rares they want, people will TA more often. If people do TA already then I've never really seen it. xD

ashley50
Jan 14, 2010, 11:16 PM
Maybe TAing peopel will appear this game gets localized :E

D14BL0
Jan 14, 2010, 11:51 PM
I feel stupid, but what's TA mean? :(

xBladeM6x
Jan 15, 2010, 12:33 AM
Time Attack. ;P

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 01:22 AM
Hmm. I'd love to record some PSP2 TA's but I can't.

Anyone have any suggestions what to get to record? I have a PSP 2000 if that matters.

ashley50
Jan 15, 2010, 03:02 AM
CFW? :l and all the other plug in needed to record/take screens...etc.

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 12:47 PM
People don't really TA in this game because there is so much to do. Don't take that as a personal insult or anything, just saying that most people who play are trying to find great S ranks, extend codes, photon boosters, and beating hard mode.

Maybe when people become more settled with the game, and have found a lot of the rares they want, people will TA more often. If people do TA already then I've never really seen it. xD

Very true :). I haven't truly been TA'ing because of the above reasons as well. However I do try to complete runs as fast as I can (may as well right?).

Also, True Darkness S is at 4:53 atm. I wonder if PSP2 can match PSU Fighmaster's 3 minute times :p

CFW? :l and all the other plug in needed to record/take screens...etc.

eww... I am going to try those cheap "VCR to PC" converter things... Maybe that'll work for me.

TUSCAN
Jan 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think time attacks will be that popular until the very endgame due to buffed enemies. If you're TAing and you run into a large creature with a rainbow buff you can say goodbye to your time.

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 01:15 PM
I don't think time attacks will be that popular until the very endgame due to buffed enemies. If you're TAing and you run into a large creature with a rainbow buff you can say goodbye to your time.

Yup lol I agree but compared to my TA'ing experience in PSU my times in this game have been much, much more consistent. I don't even know how many speed runs I've had "ruined" because of the rare warps! Gotta get more cake outfits you know ;)

Drawers
Jan 15, 2010, 03:03 PM
It's okay Diablo this is the first time I've ever heard of such an acronym. Time attacking sounds like the game has become dull to the player, and they want to find alternatives to keep their spare time occupied. Time attacking sounds so boring, repetive, and pointless. Like if Mario Kart's time thingy is a snooze fest to me, I can't imagine how boring it is spamming Tornado Dance and Jabroga in an endless routine just to get a second lower which is physically impossible when you get into the same old circle where you end up doing the same thing at precise points of previous tries.

Akaimizu
Jan 15, 2010, 03:23 PM
I almost never min-max for fastest times, actually. I go for versatility. Probably my biggest reason I hardly Time attack. I might try to set a record for my current build, but I tend not to go to other things just to beat the time.

Shou
Jan 15, 2010, 03:26 PM
Rau, record the new light techs for me plz. :3

I have only seen quick looks at them in videos so far so yeah. :D

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 03:51 PM
It's okay Diablo this is the first time I've ever heard of such an acronym. Time attacking sounds like the game has become dull to the player, and they want to find alternatives to keep their spare time occupied. Time attacking sounds so boring, repetive, and pointless. Like if Mario Kart's time thingy is a snooze fest to me, I can't imagine how boring it is spamming Tornado Dance and Jabroga in an endless routine just to get a second lower which is physically impossible when you get into the same old circle where you end up doing the same thing at precise points of previous tries.

*shrug*

We all have our own reasons for playing a game :(. I was just hoping to find some others who may share my interest in Time Attacking.

lol I'd love to but I don't have recording capabilities atm :(

Volcompat321
Jan 15, 2010, 03:56 PM
You can change your PSP battery to a soft mod pandora, and hack the PSP to use RemoteJoylite.prx to record, then when you want to play online again, or switch back to OFW, you can do that.

RemoteJoylite and any recording software(I recommend Debut) will be HD quality if you have the right settings.
Honestly, CFW is the best way to record anything on the PSP.

xBladeM6x
Jan 15, 2010, 03:56 PM
The major difference in this game with TA'ing is that it takes much more effort to be good in this game due to better AI and the inclusion of the PP on your character as opposed to your weapons. Along with High % good weapons can be a pain in the ass to come across.

That means no more Jabroga and Tornado Dance spam. ;P

Volcompat321
Jan 15, 2010, 03:59 PM
The major difference in this game with TA'ing is that it takes much more effort to be good in this game due to better AI and the inclusion of the PP on your character as opposed to your weapons. Along with High % good weapons can be a pain in the ass to come across.

That means no more Jabroga and Tornado Dance spam. ;P

Well, no Jabroga and Tornado Dance makes this game better for TAing, keeping it closer to "fair" than anything else.
Mainly because there's no way for any class to speed up their movement speed by using a PA, so there's no positive to one class, and not the others.

Volcompat321
Jan 15, 2010, 05:00 PM

Here ya go.
It might go HQ/HD whatever after a while.
Also, sorry for the slowdown, I had it on default FPS. :/
I'll make a video of all techs after a bit.
They are both at level 30.
I only have 2 new Light techs, so sorry if I missed any more new ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJJmxp3sW_Q

Drawers
Jan 15, 2010, 06:17 PM
The sound effects change now. Those techniques look fabulous. If I was younger I would go ape shit because I loved those holy-esque beam attacks (my late PSO/Tales of Symphonia days).

evange
Jan 16, 2010, 01:01 PM
*shrug*

We all have our own reasons for playing a game :(. I was just hoping to find some others who may share my interest in Time Attacking.

lol I'd love to but I don't have recording capabilities atm :(

reason nobody is TA'ing is because....
TA'ing is only when you are bored, all missions are done and too easy.
But thats not the case, have you tried magashi eradication plan? or white concert?
well maybe if this game was easier and getting to lvl 200 is a breeze, then maybe people start TAing.

Deragonite
Jan 16, 2010, 01:18 PM
reason nobody is TA'ing is because....
TA'ing is only when you are bored, all missions are done and too easy.
But thats not the case, have you tried magashi eradication plan? or white concert?
well maybe if this game was easier and getting to lvl 200 is a breeze, then maybe people start TAing.

I appreciate the honest answer, but I don't see why someone has to be bored to TA.

I haven't had the chance to try White Concert. Also, there may possibly be disadvantages to TA'ing at level 200 (but probably more advantages than disadvantages). It will be entertaining for me to see how level factors into TA'ing as I progress further into this game.

And besides I'm not TA'ing to the point I did in PSU, but simply running missions quickly for the sake of efficiency.

Deragonite
Feb 2, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ok so I think Braver is pretty broken now.

In just 2 tries I managed 3:51 True Darkness as Braver 10 with bad loading times, Twin Sabers and traps.

For the longer missions I think other classes may be better, but overall I really don't see many disadvantages for the Braver class.

DoubleJG
Feb 2, 2010, 06:29 PM
Ok so I think Braver is pretty broken now.

In just 2 tries I managed 3:51 True Darkness as Braver 10 with bad loading times, Twin Sabers and traps.

For the longer missions I think other classes may be better, but overall I really don't see many disadvantages for the Braver class.

Lower PA levels? I haven't played enough to see how awesome Lv30 PAs are.

Deragonite
Feb 2, 2010, 06:36 PM
The main advantage for lvl 30 PA's are lower PP costs and for some, higher ATA (useful for the new Slicer PA and new Twin Saber PA, but that's about it). The damage increase isn't very significant.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 2, 2010, 07:42 PM
I'm unwilling to commit to saying Bravers are broken because I haven't seen them in end game. They're a hybrid class so much like the Final Fantasy Red Mage they look sweet in the beginning, but later on the focused classes gain abilities specialized for what they do best and might top the hybrid classes. Braver 10 isn't even halfway to max yet. I use Boost Bomber (extra trap damage) a lot and it rips through C & B missions, but that doesn't speak for the damage performance in higher level A & S rank missions.

As for a suggestion on how to legitimately record from a PSP, use the component video cables and a component-capable video capture card on the PC.

Deragonite
Feb 6, 2010, 12:23 AM
I am currently lvl 183. As lvl 13 Braver, I am clearing story mode missions significantly faster than when I use lvl 30 HU.

Braver is broken for offline Story Free Missions for the following reasons:

1. Ex traps. You have 8 of them. Each of them do roughly as much damage as an SUV. You can put them down and just keep moving forward. Essentially, the braver can just walk through the mission planting traps where there are spawns, and keep walking forward without stopping. No other class can do this 8 times in a mission.
2. A Braver's Melee Damage isn't much lower than a HU, especially for story mode. Online it may matter a bit more, but for story missions, it takes both my lvl 30 HU and lvl 13 BR 2 pokes and 2 parts of Skadd to kill most things.
3. HP and DFP are negligible unless you're fighting monsters near or above your level. As of now, free mission monsters are 26-199 levels lower than you if you're capped. Nothing except for techs can touch you, so you'll practically never notice that you have lower HP and DFP than a HU.
4. Range Damage is not an issue. You'll rarely use bullets for anything but building chains in any sort of TA. The rare occasions where you use Bullets to kill, you'll generally be strong enough to kill it in a reasonable amount of time.

For example, how many spawns are there in True Darkness S? 10 spawns. 8 ex traps = 8 dead spawns. 1 SUV = 1 dead spawn. 30 other traps = total overkill. You don't need to use anything but traps to get a 3 minute run in True Darkness (Falkis dies to traps very fast).

White Beast is a similar tale. The EX traps alone are sufficient to wipe out 75% of the mission and 75% of Alterazgohg. Throw in whatever PA you may choose to use and Mirage Blast/SUV and the mission is done before you realize it.

HU's, RA's, and FO's cannot mimic a Braver's ability to kill 8 spawns with EX traps and keep walking. Normal traps may work but they are no where near as effective as EX traps (much smaller radius, timed detonation, less damage). HU's, RA's, and FO's all have to stay put and kill the monsters.

Perhaps for certain missions on Multi-Mode, HU may have an advantage (Black Rhapsody, White Concert) but I wouldn't know since I have not used BR on multi-mode yet.

evange
Feb 6, 2010, 02:05 PM
I am currently lvl 183. As lvl 13 Braver, I am clearing story mode missions significantly faster than when I use lvl 30 HU.

Braver is broken for offline Story Free Missions for the following reasons:

1. Ex traps. You have 8 of them. Each of them do roughly as much damage as an SUV. You can put them down and just keep moving forward. Essentially, the braver can just walk through the mission planting traps where there are spawns, and keep walking forward without stopping. No other class can do this 8 times in a mission.
2. A Braver's Melee Damage isn't much lower than a HU, especially for story mode. Online it may matter a bit more, but for story missions, it takes both my lvl 30 HU and lvl 13 BR 2 pokes and 2 parts of Skadd to kill most things.
3. HP and DFP are negligible unless you're fighting monsters near or above your level. As of now, free mission monsters are 26-199 levels lower than you if you're capped. Nothing except for techs can touch you, so you'll practically never notice that you have lower HP and DFP than a HU.
4. Range Damage is not an issue. You'll rarely use bullets for anything but building chains in any sort of TA. The rare occasions where you use Bullets to kill, you'll generally be strong enough to kill it in a reasonable amount of time.

For example, how many spawns are there in True Darkness S? 10 spawns. 8 ex traps = 8 dead spawns. 1 SUV = 1 dead spawn. 30 other traps = total overkill. You don't need to use anything but traps to get a 3 minute run in True Darkness (Falkis dies to traps very fast).

White Beast is a similar tale. The EX traps alone are sufficient to wipe out 75% of the mission and 75% of Alterazgohg. Throw in whatever PA you may choose to use and Mirage Blast/SUV and the mission is done before you realize it.

HU's, RA's, and FO's cannot mimic a Braver's ability to kill 8 spawns with EX traps and keep walking. Normal traps may work but they are no where near as effective as EX traps (much smaller radius, timed detonation, less damage). HU's, RA's, and FO's all have to stay put and kill the monsters.

Perhaps for certain missions on Multi-Mode, HU may have an advantage (Black Rhapsody, White Concert) but I wouldn't know since I have not used BR on multi-mode yet.

Nah actually braver does everything better than hunter.
And yea i finished white concert without losing any scapes at all while hunters in my party loses them.
And also trap damage seems to scale on your lvl, i think.
Btw hunter high meele damage ain't much a advantage anyway since everybody is just gona use instant death weapons.
Things i learned EVA > DFP+HP

Deragonite
Feb 6, 2010, 07:18 PM
You are correct. Trap Damage scales with level.

I personally think they should nerf trap damage. They do way too much.

I tried to solo White Concert once and made it to stage 10 with relative ease. Then I died twice in 1 hit to the double Argines. Perhaps I'll try again eventually since I was level 160 Hunter or something like that.

Deragonite
Feb 17, 2010, 07:16 AM
Managed 4:23 White Beast S on Story Mode as Braver in 3 tries. SEGA, please nerf trap damage! It is lolabsurd!

I'll bet 3:XX is possible with CFW & Mem Stick loading times.

Edit: I think PSP2 is very dull to TA. So far it's been all about traps which are so easy to use, it's laughable. Actually this game is MUCH EASIER than PSU. It has taken me less than 170 hours to hit TA'ing capacity compared to roughly 500+ hours in PSU (getting the gear is the tough part). Also, PSU's Jabroga is difficult to use in comparison to anything PSP2 might have.

Deragonite
Mar 3, 2010, 08:26 PM
I am gonna bump this and add some times I have. All missions are on story mode unless specified:

Jet Black Extravaganza S (Multi-mode) - 10:20
Endrum Remnants S (haven't TA'ed this yet) - 6:13
White Beast S - 4:23
Forest Infiltration S (haven't TA'ed this yet) - 5:06
True Darkness S - 3:43
Ancient Invaders S - 9:49

All times are done as BR except for Ancient Invaders which I used HU a long time ago.

I believe I managed 8:XX or something like that on the new Olga Dillan mission (can't remember the exact time) but I'll have to run it again someday to see what I can do.

As for Jet Black S, it is a very difficult mission to TA. You have to get very lucky with the map variation and just as lucky with instant death and Falkis.

kongajinken
Mar 3, 2010, 09:31 PM
Well they have released balance patchs already hopefully they will release some more soon.