PDA

View Full Version : Dead Ends and Rares...

Pokerealm
Jan 14, 2010, 12:07 PM
So, after playing this game for over 400+ hours, I've found something that might be interesting, or just stupid coincidence.

However, as I played this game long enough to draw certain conclusions, I'd like to share one with the community.

Since a few weeks, I got the feeling that the dead ends on maps have a better chance of dropping reds.

At first, I really thought I was just lucky, but after testing this for almost 3 weeks, I'm really starting to believe this is true.

I know people have trouble believing these kind of things, but I really think I discovered something neat here.

On my last run, in Ozette, I got 5 dead ends.
All of them had at least a red drop.
2 of them gave me 2 reds, and one of them even 4.
The dead end with 4 reds had 2 Ancient Robes.
I know those things are common, and I find them a lot, but 2 in a single treasure chest, along with 2 other reds doesn't happen often.

Another dead end in the same run gave me a Divine/Guard from Vespao.

2 of the H44 Missouris I found dropped in a dead end, aswell as a crapload of other 7* items, compared to the normal rooms.

Please note that I don't draw conclusions regarding the above drops, as those are only recent drops. I've been trying this for almost 3 weeks now, and I got quite some 7* weapons, including some really rare items, from dead ends.

Also, I'd like to mention again this isn't confirmed, and only a theory, meaning this can be either true, or false.

However, I don't think I'll be able to confirm this myself, so I'd like other item farmers to help me test this.

I'll keep you informed on my dead end drops, and I'll be writing down every dead end I find from now on, including the number of all red drops, and 7*s.

On a side note: There's got to be some reward for players who clear every room in a map, so maybe, just maybe, this is it =p

Cruciarius
Jan 14, 2010, 12:18 PM
In my experiences, dead ends also contain those gold crates. Gold crates usually drop rares.

Hatrix
Jan 14, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hmm interesting... with the rare blocks appearing on the dead ends I find it hard at times to not clear every single room in field mode. I'm still trying to find the dam cake shop so I'll check this out

GantzDetainee
Jan 14, 2010, 12:31 PM
Nice theory pokerealm.I think imma try this one out?so btw do you do your farming offline or online?Congrats on those sweet misourris.

DoubleCannon
Jan 14, 2010, 12:34 PM
To add to this.. I found my Dioskuri? however u spell it lol.. i found it at a dead end on map 1 in shrine.. on a NON-BOOSTED ..those flying guys the white version. haha i cant remember anything when it comes to the names

Pokerealm
Jan 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
In my experiences, dead ends also contain those gold crates. Gold crates usually drop rares.

True, they always have a gold box.
They can either contain Photon Drops, Scape Dolls, or Materials.
They can't drop weapons or other stuff, though.

Hmm interesting... with the rare blocks appearing on the dead ends I find it hard at times to not clear every single room in field mode. I'm still trying to find the dam cake shop so I'll check this out

Yeah, I always clear every room, as my main goal in the game is getting rares.
I've always been a maniac when it comes to rare stuff, like shinies in the Pokemon games xD

Nice theory pokerealm.I think imma try this one out?so btw do you do your farming offline or online?Congrats on those sweet misourris.

Thank you =)

I play mostly offline, but I can't say no on a good WiFi party xD
Sometimes I'm going solo on WiFi.
It takes long to clear rooms on your own, but that's how I got my third H44 yesterday =D

To add to this.. I found my Dioskuri? however u spell it lol.. i found it at a dead end on map 1 in shrine.. on a NON-BOOSTED ..those flying guys the white version. haha i cant remember anything when it comes to the names

Yeah, I've yet to find a 7* from a boosted hostile.
I got quite some 7* 10 mesata items, all from normal monsters.

Pokerealm
Jan 14, 2010, 12:55 PM
Update: Workout Wear dropped in a dead end (SH Area Drop - Wetlands).

Tizerak
Jan 14, 2010, 01:11 PM
*rubs chin* Boosted hostiles on dead ends?
Hmmm yessss these dead ends seem more appealing now..

FoMarlBorough
Jan 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
psz...the only game where you WANT to hit a dead end!?

another thing ive noticed that needs confirmation, ive found that when i run around the map, recrossing intersections, i sometimes fun across booma nests. maybe they arent set to a location. maybe there is a mathematical probability of getting one anytime you enter a room. sometimes they pop up when i backtrack, other times after i clear a room they arrive as a second wave type of thing.

whats everyone's thoughts?

Heartless Cookie
Jan 14, 2010, 02:50 PM
another thing ive noticed that needs confirmation, ive found that when i run around the map, recrossing intersections, i sometimes fun across booma nests. maybe they arent set to a location. maybe there is a mathematical probability of getting one anytime you enter a room. sometimes they pop up when i backtrack, other times after i clear a room they arrive as a second wave type of thing.

It has happened that I backtracked and came across booma origins in a previously cleared area. Not a nest, however.

AFCOldman
Jan 14, 2010, 03:15 PM
psz...the only game where you WANT to hit a dead end!?

Same with Rappy's, they can spawn in a room you've already cleared before.

DoubleCannon
Jan 14, 2010, 04:01 PM
Yes.. this is how i hunt the boomas and rappies lol.. i came across RAB rappy.. 3 of em. each gave 1110 exp.. no good drops tho but hey i have them in the database now :)

still need normal rappy and the Al-rappy look alike lol. the blue one.

Macman
Jan 14, 2010, 06:05 PM
I just think you're stupidly lucky.
I clear every room in an area when I run and I never find ANYTHING outside of common armors and 6* weapons.

It's pretty sad when you're almost level 100 and have nearly nothing to show for it. (my best RA rare is a Crimson Vis)

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 06:14 PM
I just think you're stupidly lucky.
I clear every room in an area when I run and I never find ANYTHING outside of common armors and 6* weapons.

It's pretty sad when you're almost level 100 and have nearly nothing to show for it. (my best RA rare is a Crimson Vis)

Do you use a flash cart? these can lower drop rate unless you have necessary anti piracy patch or something like that. not to sure, ive read a little bit about them.

Macman
Jan 14, 2010, 06:15 PM
Do you use a flash cart?No.
MY MESSAGE IS TOO SHORT!

Pokerealm
Jan 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
Oh my god ._.

I just found a Rika's Suit in Dark Shrine, in a dead end!
Sadly, 0 slots.

But again, an area drop appeared in a dead end, just like the Workout Wear yesterday o.O

Tomeeboy
Jan 15, 2010, 02:04 PM
I always make sure to clear out the dead ends before proceeding to the boss or next area. They do seem to typically have a lot of goodies ;)

kirtblue
Jan 16, 2010, 03:49 PM
after reading this i have started to pay attention to whats in the dead ends and im starting to think you might really have something here with this theory