PDA

View Full Version : Slicer mag

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
ok i know my FOnewearl is only lv 15 >< but i was wondering wat would be a good mag stats for Slicers? (cuz at some piont the 80 mats will be all def and a friend is making a pure mst mag for when i'm using my rods) so um ideas? XD

Donnikun
Jan 14, 2010, 05:40 PM
up hit if you want to use slicers, i use slicers too, only i hybrid between slicer and casting techs so i also made a hybrid mag.

but you wil need ATA especially in SH if you use slicers, so up that hit on your mag.

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 05:43 PM
so more hit then power, or 1\2 1\2?

Donnikun
Jan 14, 2010, 05:49 PM
forces have no use for power, slicers are a mind based weapon, really forces do more damage with a rod or wand than they do with hunter weapons, just up your mind and use the three force based weapons since they rely on mst rather than pow.

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 05:52 PM
ah thats true, if i was using a rod i'ld use the pure mst mag but the slicer for long rang combat (cuz she kanda fails at tech use at this lv ><)

Donnikun
Jan 14, 2010, 05:54 PM
yeah, make a hit mag for when you use slicers, a common misconception of forces is that we need a saber orhandgun when e run our of pp, but that is not the case, we actually do better overall stiking to the weapons made for our class. i learned from experience, when i was much better melee fighting with a rod than a saber.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 14, 2010, 05:56 PM
for a newbie FOnewearl, use a pure MST mag with midgul PB. as you get later in difficulty, you may want to invest in a hit Mag cuz your ATA will be scat (well for normal mobs anyhoo =P)

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
so pure hit mag? or hit/mst (cuz i'm trying to numbers here XD)

EDIT: i hope to be able to use slicers at low lv and then move into a pure magic user when i get good lvs tech use

Donnikun
Jan 14, 2010, 05:58 PM
id probably do a 50/50 for later on, FOnewearls do need that mind power.

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 06:03 PM
or i'ld just prob end up making 2 mags a 50\50 and a pure just to see the differences tho that will take forever ><

Tales
Jan 14, 2010, 06:10 PM
I'm a HUnewearl, and I use a 70 accuracy/30 mind mag when I use slicers.

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 06:17 PM
so that seems to work well?, cuz i dun want to have too much mind when i have another mag for when i'm going to use rods (for more mst power) lol i know i'm prob being a pain XD

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 07:20 PM
oh yea i should also ask should i put risk element on the slicer? cuz i can heal myself whn i get hurt

Tamlin42
Jan 14, 2010, 07:29 PM
My primary character is a lv93 FOmarl. I deleted a lv55 FOnewearl because she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (from inside the barn) on Hard mode.

I found it best to carry 2 Mags: A 99 Hit Mag for when I use my Slicer and a 99 Mind Mag for when I use my best Rod. Even as a FOmarl I need all the extra Hit I can get. Mind you, I'm carrying 3 Master Swifts and a Compress PA in my armor slots. As for materials, she has 100 Mind.

You want to do something like this because Mags and Units are EASY to swap out. Materials are not. When you want to use your Slicer, you want to HIT stuff. When you want to use your Techs to nuke stuff, you want to NUKE 'em. 'Course, I carry one or two attack Tecks on my Pallet and when I need to use them I don't bother swapping anything. I just cast whatever is needed when its needed. But vs Humilius or Chaos & Mobius, the Rod DEFINITELY comes out.

Simplify your Mag feeding. Buy 3 new ones. Stuff one with all your junk guns, one with all your junk swords, and one with all your junk wands. (Those are the symbols you see when you look at your inventory, yes?) Then you'll have a Hit Mag, Power Mag (for another character), and a Mind Mag. Do whatever you want with your extra armor. (You can always make a Guard51 Mind49 Mag and have a nice pair of butterfly wings for special occasions.)

Then try out your new Mags and the Mags that you currently have. Decide for yourself what suits YOUR play style. Mags are easy to make. It just takes time.

The only problem you'll have is: When you swap Mags, the new one will be uncharged. So if you have a charged Mag ready to a Photon Blast, use it THEN swap.

zeital
Jan 14, 2010, 07:44 PM
hmm, cuz my friend has alredy finished making a pure magic mag for me (yet to get it tho ><), tho i doubt he would make 2 more pures cuz it took ages (as u said) cuz he has a almost pure magic user (FOnewearl) and he kicks all ass with her on hard, with my materials i want to have 80 def so i get hit less... so my mag is rely the only place i get other stats with

Tamlin42
Jan 14, 2010, 10:56 PM
No problem. Different people like different builds. That's one of the fun things about this game: Seeing what others do.

Ummm... Def decreases the damage you take when you get hit. Swift increases your EVP which decreases the chance that you'll get hit. (Just making sure.) That's why I carry Swift Units: I don't want to get hit. On the other hand, Humilius HUMILIATES me since he still manages to hit me. So I'm slowly gathering some Master Guard units just for him.

zeital
Jan 15, 2010, 05:55 AM
yea i ment that one sry i'm like rely tired today, hmm now i'm unsure wat materials to use now >< cuz i hate getting OHKO'ed on any game, so which one is better for Fo's?

edenz
Jan 15, 2010, 06:28 AM
i use a 99 hit 1 mind mag with flozir fickle on my 88 FO while using kouga with 46 accuracy + shinobi suit for the ata bonus and i barely have enough accuracy in SH (around 530-550 cant remb). The damage is just ok... a force simply do much more damage with full mind mag + tech spamming or gimegid + magical sign.