PDA

View Full Version : PSP Found PS:P new for $20...Any players on Ad-Hoc Party these days?

Corso
Jan 14, 2010, 07:13 PM
I noticed that all the threads here seem to be about the import version of PS:P2. Now, I have to say that it looks awesome, with the dodge moves, charge shots, etc. However, I don't know any Japanese and didn't enjoy the JP demo for the first PS:P since I was pretty much just winging it.

That said, I found the first PS:P for $20 brand new. But I am only interested in getting it if there is a community on the Ad-hoc Party, so that I have people to play online with (in English and with headsets). I sometimes play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on it as well, but PSO will always be special to me as my first online RPG. So I kinda like the PS:P style of game better.

Either way, I'll pick up PS:P2 on day one if (when?) it makes it to the U.S. But is it worth picking up the first one now? The PlayStation forum thread I made got me no answers, but I figured here was a better place to start anyhow.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Cheers! -Corso

ashley50
Jan 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
Don't know if Anyone actually still plays PS:P...

DoubleJG
Jan 14, 2010, 07:44 PM
I just got it myself, but I don't have a PS3 :/

My friend does, but.. I have no idea when I'd be able to use it at his house.

Omega-R7
Jan 14, 2010, 07:46 PM
i play p:sp still. But i get bored very fast.

Celi-Ka
Jan 14, 2010, 08:22 PM
As soon as I can get my PS3 hard-wired, I can try to get online. I've yet to play this game over Ad Hoc Party, but have been wanting to for a while.

kirtblue
Jan 14, 2010, 08:39 PM
i do every now and again but too busy with zero at the moment

Ghostcat
Jan 14, 2010, 09:27 PM
I know a few people who are playing it right now. Not sure if they're on AHP though...

Corso
Jan 15, 2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I think I might be out of luck. I was on Ad-hoc Party last night, looking through all the rooms with people, and I found zero PS:P rooms. Plenty of MHFU rooms though...

Hopefully we'll get a U.S. release date for PS:P2 soon. How do you guys play the full game in Japanese? It bugs me to not be able to read the text. I'd love to import it if there was an English option or full translation download. (Is either of those available at all?) -Corso

Ami
Jan 15, 2010, 03:36 PM
Lucky, I found a new for double that price at Gamestop. Good news is that I had one ordered online for about that price I think (maybe a bit more but not what Gamestop was asking for) . Bad news is that I'm still waiting for it to stock so it can ship to my house. Hopefully, it'll be in my house by the end of next week. Believe it or not, a few hours after I dl the demo, I maxed my character out.

Anyway, since I have no PS3 I can't do AHP. Though it would be nice if I could. *sighs* Playing a Phantasy Star game online has been something I wished to do since PSO. I'm willing to wait for a hopeful English release of PSPo2.

Volcompat321
Jan 15, 2010, 03:47 PM
I would play PS:P1 with you.
I still like the game for different reasons, and I love using the voice chat.
(I tend to stay away from the rooms without voice chat).

Also, if you want to play MHFU at all, I'll play that too!
I love that game, and have been playing a lot recently!

GreyWolf360
Jan 15, 2010, 11:00 PM
Anyway, since I have no PS3 I can't do AHP. Though it would be nice if I could. *sighs* Playing a Phantasy Star game online has been something I wished to do since PSO. I'm willing to wait for a hopeful English release of PSPo2.

....you must be my long lost brother...

Chuck_Norris
Jan 15, 2010, 11:04 PM
Add FunkyChunkyDude and hit me up sometime for Ad-Hoc.

GeoSword
Jan 16, 2010, 12:17 AM
Add RynexFL4. I'm on from time to time.

Ami
Jan 16, 2010, 02:26 PM
....you must be my long lost brother...
Yeah....about that....I'm not sure if you're kidding or not (my meter is broken at the moment) but I'm a girl. Doesn't help none that I act a bit like a boy at times anyway.

Anyway, I would love to do AHP with people here if I had everything needed to do so.

sephy389
Jan 25, 2010, 07:08 PM
I will totally play with you! I have not been willing to import PS:P2 simply because I can't stand not knowing what's being said, either.
Add sephy389 on PSN if you ever wanna play.
Except I don't have a headset, working on getting one.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2010, 04:45 PM
I have Adhoc Party and PSP1 as well. Would be nice to get something going as well. Though I have to find time between other PS games as of late. I still have to do that darn Hard Eternal Tower to unlock Super Hard in Zero.

DayDreamer
Jan 28, 2010, 07:31 AM
I dont have any possible way of getting online with ps:P. Unless i get the xlink kai program but installing Pso blue burst was hard enough for me last night. So im going to try to get phantasy star zero.