PDA

View Full Version : Poll: which is better Phantasy Star Zero or Phantasy Star Portable?

Windancer
Jan 14, 2010, 10:22 PM
I havent played PSP Phantasy Star Portable But im loving Phantasy Star Zero and i'm under the impression that Zero just might be better but am I wrong or what?

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:26 PM
I love both of them so im not gonna vote lol

Windancer
Jan 14, 2010, 10:34 PM
Oh No Elly I should have put "THEY BOTH RULE!" as a choice. So if you think they both rule Post in the thread. sorry guys

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:35 PM
does psp version have online capabilities aswell?

FOmarRashidi
Jan 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know. I haven't played Portable because I don't have a PSP.

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
Only the second PSP has online

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:37 PM
is the online pretty much same as ds with 4 players? or can it handle more

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
I think its only 4 players, cause I have PSP 1

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:40 PM
oh lol, are you able to trade and all that good stuff on psp version awell?

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:41 PM
On the first one you can but it has to be public

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 PM
oh, well im gonna just stick with my dsi lol, i wonder if they will come out with another PSZ for ds

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 PM
Probably when its 2030 lol

Windancer
Jan 14, 2010, 10:43 PM
oh lol, are you able to trade and all that good stuff on psp version awell?

Psp has local wifi capabilities where multi users are in the same room playing but not internet hookup. im sure local wifi can trade items and stuff but you really need to have some dedicated friends for that.

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah. I was the only one who had it so I couldn't trade a berdysh from my main to my cast DX

d3str0y0rz
Jan 14, 2010, 10:44 PM
lol, i think ds alot better than psp, graphics arent as good but the games are alot better"just my opinion"

WELL anyways..... its time to hit the old dustie trail..... good night guys

kirtblue
Jan 14, 2010, 10:46 PM
the psp is a local thing but i hear there is a way to boost that with a ps3 so you can play with people from wherever

edit imo they are both great games but if you already got zero then just play that till psp2 comes out and that will solve your problem

Windancer
Jan 14, 2010, 10:46 PM
now I played phantasy star universe on pc and on Xbox but didnt like it to much and the portable looks like Universe is it the same or different?

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:48 PM
Its exactly the same, just a different story

Windancer
Jan 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
I loved the graphics and music for some darn reason I didnt like the feel of how it played I didnt hate the game but it felt sluggish not fast paced. I also did not play online so that also probably had effect on my oppinion of Universe.

Z-735
Jan 14, 2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah. I like the gameplay for universe, but still love PSO/PSZ way more

kirtblue
Jan 14, 2010, 11:03 PM
i donno i liked universe it was not as good as pso but it did improve on it in some ways i especially liked the new customization options and the way they incorporated the quick menu to just one button i also liked that they put alittle more focus on story unlike pso with its tiny bits of text messages from rico ect making psz a hybrid in this area taking some elements from both pso and psu to make one awesome handheld game

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 14, 2010, 11:38 PM
Oh boy.
One of these threads.
You're gonna have to be more specific, I'm sure most people who played Phantasy Star Portable have already moved onto Phantasy Star Portable 2, even if it is in Japanese.

kirtblue
Jan 14, 2010, 11:45 PM
Oh boy.
One of these threads.
You're gonna have to be more specific, I'm sure most people who played Phantasy Star Portable have already moved onto Phantasy Star Portable 2, even if it is in Japanese.

yep yep makes me sad although i admit if i could read/speak japanese i would import it too lol but i cant so i wait for the announcement for a stateside release

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 14, 2010, 11:49 PM
yep yep makes me sad although i admit if i could read/speak japanese i would import it too lol but i cant so i wait for the announcement for a stateside release

Lol, I'm not gonna bother picking sides, because I love both games.
But if topics are gonna be posted in the PSZ section, PSZ will lead the poll.

kirtblue
Jan 15, 2010, 12:02 AM

lol i didnt think about that though im not sure i think they are both great and im willing to bet there is enough people that play both that would agree with me that both have their good qualitys

Windancer
Jan 15, 2010, 01:22 AM

Yeah Im sorry I really should have put I love them both as a choice in the poll. so If you love them both Just post in the thread "I LOVE THEM BOTH!" cause we all know that is possible to like both games. I have never played the PSP version and thought it would generate some interesting discussion

DoubleJG
Jan 15, 2010, 01:32 AM
I own PSPo1, PSZ, and the demo to PSPo2.

PSPo1 is good because it's PSU in portable form with a few extra weapons, enemies and missions. However, with a level cap of 100, it feels like it doesn't last as long as it could. Oh, and no built in online play.

PSZ.. PSO in portable form (as close as it gets). Built in online play and a nice amount of stages and weapons to collect.

PSPo2... Oh man. The amount of content is amazing. This would get my vote, hands down.

Windancer
Jan 15, 2010, 02:11 AM
JG that was a nice post So I take you love all 3 :) I hope your PS happiness continues and we see more releases here in the states in the near future. I do think that PSZ has taken the DS users by storm and is going to leave us clammering for more :)

Windancer
Jan 15, 2010, 02:16 AM
LOL ok who voted they both stink http://pcenginefx.com/forums/Smileys/default/eusa_doh.gif

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 15, 2010, 02:30 AM
LOL ok who voted they both stink http://pcenginefx.com/forums/Smileys/default/eusa_doh.gif
8D

Legendwolf
Jan 15, 2010, 02:31 AM
I havent tried Ps0 yet but PsP is awesome

acidOD
Jan 15, 2010, 07:14 AM
I like them both for different reasons.

PS:P
I like the carryover from PSU in that you can have multiple weapons queued via palette.
I like the ability to change class on a character, rather than have a character committed to just one type.
I like the larger variety of weapons (mostly I like twin claws!)
I like having more missions to run.
With a little bit of work you can play with people thru a wifi connection, which is nice
I like the ability to pick and choose my PAs

PSZ
I like the feel of the older PSO game play
I like having new bosses
Lesser in quantity but I like the areas available to do runs
I <3 mags coming back in the traditional sense, not as partner machines or w/e PSU/PS:P calls them
I REALLY like not having to level my techs/PA/bullets!!!!!
I like NOT having to do "a little bit of work" to play with people via wifi

Kenbog
Jan 15, 2010, 11:49 AM
Both of them are fun games, its Phantasy star at his best
alto it has some serious annoying things
PSZ doesn't even look or play like PSO why does everyone act looks like it does?
Friendcode online pretty much suck.
And has to little content and customization.

PSPo would be great if 3player+ doesn't slow down that much, its unplayable!
AND no common bank??? come on!