PDA

View Full Version : n00bs

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 10:53 PM
im sorry i've just had enough with noobs the piss me off so much, today i was playing in c2 and then i went to get a switch in one of those rooms where there is a locked door and you see a switch, across some water, so i go on my way to get it, and all 3 of my teamates follow me, then i was like you morons, then one of them had a kb so he started making trash talk and while he was typing he died and blamed me, then they wouldnt back me up and a RAcast tried to close range combat, man ive had it up to here with noobs

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 27, 2003, 10:56 PM
just remember son....you were a n00b once too... Not flammin you or anything, Im just mostly on the n00bs side cause well, they suck and dont know better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
For the last time, newbie is a term that means someone is new at something...It should _not_ qualify as an insult! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Besides, there's plenty of people that suck at things they're not new at, anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Half the fun of games is when they're fresh and new...I miss being a newbie at a lot of things!

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:01 PM
yea but i got the game a week after getting it, these people were lvl 70 and 68 etc, i can see a lvl 12 who just got the game to suck ass, but not a 70, he should have got the hang of it by now

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 11:08 PM
You'd think so, but a level is just a number. You'd be suprised how little people can learn when they just don't try! Besides...Who knows how that person got to that level. Perhaps they relied on duped items or friends to help them reach that level.

And what does being level 70 have to do with challenge mode, anyway? Challenge mode is very different from the normal game, as it requires actual teamwork as well as knowing the limits of each class. I still think it should be called Learning Mode though, as it should inspire people who play it to learn how the game should really be played. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sanity
Feb 27, 2003, 11:20 PM
On 2003-02-27 20:01, Atari wrote:
i can see a lvl 12 who just got the game to suck ass,

Wow... so this means that if I brought a new character online, this would instantly mean I suck, due to my low level, even though I've been playing since DC? Hahaha! You know what? Just close your mouth now, you know, to avoid enhancing your stupidity... that's it... good job!

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 27, 2003, 11:22 PM
On 2003-02-27 20:20, Sanity wrote:

On 2003-02-27 20:01, Atari wrote:
i can see a lvl 12 who just got the game to suck ass,

Wow... so this means that if I brought a new character online, this would instantly mean I suck, due to my low level, even though I've been playing since DC? Hahaha! You know what? Just close your mouth now, you know, to avoid enhancing your stupidity... that's it... good job!

Sanity calm yourself... hesaid "A lvl 12 who just got the game" if you were paying more attention you would know that he meant to "KNEW TO THE GAME" players, he wasnt flammin anyone whos played a while and knows what they are doing..

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:25 PM
fuck you sanity why dont you go bark up some other tree, just cause you have low self esteem and need to take it out on other people doesnt mean you have to flame on me

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:26 PM
and gandor i was talking about someone who just got the game, and also it is a insult, fuck do you people know anything about games?

Annoy
Feb 27, 2003, 11:27 PM
For the last time, newbie is a term that means someone is new at something...It should _not_ qualify as an insult! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Oy... everywhere noob is used as a sort of...I guess...dirty name to call someone who's a newbie..

I get it all the time in Mechwarrior 4 (when I play online),even though I've been playing for a lot longer than most people (and am better)... but hey...that's how people try to insult...I just kinda ignore em... I help out the newbies as much as possible... (we usually win too)...and try to show them that there ARE nice people out there...no matter how unlikley that seems =/

Anyway...aboout PSO...Noobs aren't the problem...it's the incredibly stupid people (like the guy who was bashing the other people when it was his fault, and in general being a pain)...if it's someone like that, that's when you have a reason to get angry with someone...but not just because they're new to the game. You can hardly blame someone for being new.

But then again...I understand your point of view...it is really annoying when you're going for good times on C-mode, and the people don't know what to do (which is why I try to practice all my C-modes offline)...

Anyway...it just gets to me sometimes when someone is trying to put someone down just 'cuz they're new to the game (or online play which is sometimes the case)...

Oh..and before I forget...just because someone doesn't have the Überest of Über weapons...doesn't mean they are noobs...it may just mean the have bad luck... haven't been playing as dedicatedly as some others... or in some cases... not been online long enough to encounter dupers

Heh...sorry for the big long post about this... I just get annoyed sometimes when this happens.... not that I'll ever be able to stop it... (did that sound as lame as I think it did? O.o)...but hey...what can I say...I have no life...so I CAN sit here and type something like this http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sanity
Feb 27, 2003, 11:31 PM
On 2003-02-27 20:25, Atari wrote:
fuck you sanity why dont you go bark up some other tree, just cause you have low self esteem and need to take it out on other people doesnt mean you have to flame on me

"Low Self-Esteem"?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif You know, I won't even take the time to make you look stupid... you've been doing a fine job yourself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Oh, man... low self esteem... that was a good one! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 11:34 PM
On 2003-02-27 20:26, Atari wrote:
and gandor i was talking about someone who just got the game, and also it is a insult, fuck do you people know anything about games?

Oops, someone's lost it. My suggestion to you is to take a few hours for youself to cool down.

Anyone who is insulted by being called a newbie needs to learn what the word means. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Moderators, be on your toes, this topic may need to be locked soon, but I say give him another chance to prove he has self-control!

Also, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I usually don't re-read posts until someone catches a mistake I've made, so thank you for pointing that out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:39 PM
i normally dont mind noobs but these ones really pissed me off, i went to get the switch then i said "..." then "morons" and then one called me a "p.ecker head" and then he started typing shit like "id rather be a noob then a p.ecker head" then he died and said " no look what you did, i died from typing"(to that extent) then i said "pfft" then i went to work my way to c3 then when i had like 5 sharks around me and im only 45 and can only endure so much pain they would just stand in the door and watch, then one by the name of SSJ2 TheMod left then right after the guy who was trash talking said "thanks for the bj, neo"
then i was like what the fuck, i said they were morons for making a stupid mistake of walking by not standing on a switch, there was 3 of them you think they would now what to do

normally im nice to noobs, i helped a guy go through the entire game and then gave him all of my 9 star weapons i did not use, and in other games like counter-strike i try and help out my team as much as i can such as being a decoy and other things like being a human shield and running out and get shot at while 7 more of my teamates come out as im being killed and kill the people killing me, but this time it just took the cake as the worst pso team i have ever played with
and they didnt have non rare weapons they had all the same stuff i had, even more

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 27, 2003, 11:40 PM
Taking people through challenge when they don't know all the maps and challenge conventions is a frustrating experience. I guess it takes a leader who can keep cool and communicate orders. That was pretty lame for the other player to start arguing... It also doesn't help to not have a keyboard to type fast, =T_T=

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:48 PM
after he made that comment about me giving him head i didnt have enough time to say, "ok...."

pixelate
Feb 28, 2003, 12:02 AM
I tend to do something more constructive than arguing back, like trying to help them out.

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 28, 2003, 01:26 AM
*Sigh* Just the clarify there is a difference between n00b and newb.

Newbs are inexperienced and don't know the game and therefore are new to it.

N00bs are the idiotic players that make a total dumbass of themselves by constantly doing stupid things or doing things specifically to piss other players off.

Hopefully this helps. . .

Guntz348
Feb 28, 2003, 07:11 AM
On 2003-02-27 21:02, pixelate wrote:
I tend to do something more constructive than arguing back, like trying to help them out.

Too bad no one listens when I do that. I have the maps right in front of me and I've played through cmode a rediculous amount of times, yet for some reason when I say "puzzle next room, I have solution" it's like I'm speaking another language. And yes I'm talking about playing with US players, yet they just seem compelled to run and start hitting all the switches. It's just not good enough for them to hurt them selves they gotta hit the switches that hit the whole group. And whats so hard about "top right teleport, follow me" is that so hard to understand?

I agree with you pix, you gotta try to explain it to them and help them out, but when you start a game and say "I have maps, and I know all these levels well so just follow me" and they say "OK", or "good because I'm new to cmode", I just can't help but to get mad and be dumbfounded when they won't listen to me and just ruin the time or get them selves killed. The mind wobbles I geuss.

raiden999
Feb 28, 2003, 11:22 AM
On 2003-02-28 04:11, Guntz348 wrote:

On 2003-02-27 21:02, pixelate wrote:

Too bad no one listens when I do that. I have the maps right in front of me and I've played through cmode a rediculous amount of times, yet for some reason when I say "puzzle next room, I have solution" it's like I'm speaking another language. And yes I'm talking about playing with US players, yet they just seem compelled to run and start hitting all the switches. It's just not good enough for them to hurt them selves they gotta hit the switches that hit the whole group. And whats so hard about "top right teleport, follow me" is that so hard to understand?

I agree with you pix, you gotta try to explain it to them and help them out, but when you start a game and say "I have maps, and I know all these levels well so just follow me" and they say "OK", or "good because I'm new to cmode", I just can't help but to get mad and be dumbfounded when they won't listen to me and just ruin the time or get them selves killed. The mind wobbles I geuss.

much agreed guntz. why can't people just listen when you say you know where to go, or like in my case, argue over whether a certain puzzle solution is the right one (especially since i had finished c-mode with an s-rank, and they haven't done the first one, which i figure they probobly did c-mode tons of times on dc.)

KodiaX987
Feb 28, 2003, 12:10 PM
If the n00b can speak clear and consise English and simply is a starter at the game, I will gladly help out.

But if I see any of the following signs:

1) Incontrollable l337 sp33k.
2) U, cuz, fuk, u suck, haha, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, etc.
3) All caps.
4) Flooding.
5) Extremely (and I mean extremely) stupid question.
6) Anything else...

I do whatever it takes to get him off my back. Nightmaren is still the N00b 0wnage Mastah, since he managed to push a n00b into inadvertendly formatting his entire hard drive.

Balthor
Feb 28, 2003, 04:36 PM
Where the fuck did this "n00b means dumb new person, and newb means nice new person" rule come from all of a sudden? Last time I looked here, and other boards, n00b and newb are used as insults, and proper means of calling a new person.

What if I call them a "noob" without using 0's? Are they semi-stupid? How about "noowbee" what defines that? Or "nube"? Or "n3wl3"? "Or l/l3//B"?

GandorDurin
Feb 28, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-02-27 22:26, Blood_Dragoon wrote:
*Sigh* Just the clarify there is a difference between n00b and newb.

Newbs are inexperienced and don't know the game and therefore are new to it.

N00bs are the idiotic players that make a total dumbass of themselves by constantly doing stupid things or doing things specifically to piss other players off.

Hopefully this helps. . .

I see.

So, it's basically like a tone of voice.

Oh look, it's a newbie! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif (Helpful attitude)

Oh _look_, it's a n00bie! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif (Can't think of anything else to call 'em)

Eh, I still don't understand why it has to be based off a word that differentiates the old players from the new.

I guess I'm still a n00b! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Atari
Feb 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
a noob is a newb is a newbie is a nub is a n00b, its the exact same thing.

ok sanity what the fuck are you talking about, yes you have low self esteem your trying to fight with me for no reason, if i said sanity was a noob then you can come in here and argue since i didnt go fuck yourself

Balthor
Feb 28, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-02-28 14:50, Atari wrote:
. . . since i didnt go fuck yourself

You gotta be flexible as hell to do something like that.

Atari
Mar 1, 2003, 03:46 PM
i bet he is an expert

Kid_Icarus
Mar 2, 2003, 03:53 AM
Is that even possible to fuck yourself? I mean if you're a guy..

Well heck. Back on topic.

I sucked at PSO back on V1 for a long time, and then I got better. If I had to play with someone new, I just called it babysitting and had fun with it.

And I think that people forget this is a game.
For fun.
A stress reliever.
Loosen up.
Smile. Hell it's just a game.

And I still suck at C-mode after two or so years of PSO pupupupu =;_;=