PDA

View Full Version : Mats for forces

Krank32oz
Jan 15, 2010, 10:55 AM
Im about to start a force and have 100 matts to use. I know im going mind/guard on my mag but wasnt sure if I should use more guard matts or put them all into mind matts. Also do people use PP matts? Just need some helpful tips or advice. Thank you!

Opodomus
Jan 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Full MST because it counts towards "base" MST which is increased by Shifta. That means your 100 MST mats are like 130 if you use level 11-15 shifta, which is super sweet.

Krank32oz
Jan 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
huh thats interesting. I did not know that. Yea ill prob go some hp if things are hitting me to hard in SH but im sure ill be ok!

TUSCAN
Jan 15, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm gonna try using all PP mats and run the tower to see how I perform. I've got hundreds of those things. Hopefully the loss of power doesn't cancel the extra PP due to extra castings.

ARChan
Jan 15, 2010, 12:30 PM
Actually, PP materials would be much more of a use by a newm/newearl because of their capability to regenerate PP. Their PP regeneration is directly influenced by their max PP ^^ Same thing applies to cast/caseal with their HP.

Also, if you're into high numbers and taking risks, you might want to emphasize MST materials or Mind on your Mag. If you can kill them quickly, there won't be a use of defense, right? However, the opposite also holds true. If you're into sacrificing time with survivability (especially with how prone Forces are to be 1-hit KOed), you might want to emphasize HP, defense materials, and guard on your Mag. If you're into less item consumption, you might also want to consider Hit on your Mag and a max heart element on your weapon (it'll be a boost if you have a massive accuracy adjustment on it too). It's all up to you.

TUSCAN
Jan 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
Well I threw on 80 PP mats giving my lvl86 FOnewm 728PP, with a regen of 11 per tick and a standing regen of 40 per tick. Haven't run out of PP for an entire tower floor yet, and the damage difference is only about 30 points or so! Loving this so far.

EDIT: I'm also using a PP regen LVL 4 unit.

LouieW
Jan 15, 2010, 12:57 PM
From what I hear full MST materials works for most forces. A more defensive set up is said to work somewhat as well. If you are going for a melee force then full power materials is usually the way to go. I doubt you are doing that. If you were I would suggest using a FOmar or FOmarl though. My suggestion would be to just try one of those options out and then use reset materials if you really do not like it.

Krank32oz
Jan 15, 2010, 01:00 PM
yea i think im going to do like 80 mst and 20 into something else. Just not sure what yet

ARChan
Jan 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
Considering you're not a FOnewm/newearl you might not want to use PP materials. Also, a little bit of Hit Materials would help your FOmar/marl because they need their ATA to use their max-leveled Heart weapons. I prefer using a Saber or Shield for this case, considering their high proc rate and excellent accuracy (especially the shield).

Krank32oz
Jan 15, 2010, 02:08 PM
yea I have a Fomar. I was thinking some hit but wasn't sure if some hp would be better

ARChan
Jan 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
yea I have a Fomar. I was thinking some hit but wasn't sure if some hp would be better

Your defense can vary on the use of Deband and Jellen. So, that's not much of an issue. Although Shifta increases your ATA just a pinch, it's not enough to be accurate on SH.

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
I use a bit of hit because I use slicers and I like to save fluids when I can.
So far my damage is just fine even with the sacrifice for hit. I did 75/25 mind/hit. My mag is pure mind.

Krank32oz
Jan 16, 2010, 01:13 PM
That is an excellent idea. I'm going to have to try that!

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 05:05 PM
It doesn't work great on SH, but I'm still 78 so I have a ways to go anyway. I can melee through hard though easy. Still getting up the accuracy for SH. If you're going to be using slicer a lot you will want more hit than I put. I do slicer more as an alternate than a main weapon. It's a great weapon though.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
i went 100 mst on my fomarl, seems to work well so far, finally got the magic ata 500 so im not missing so much anymore.

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm still 448 here xD with a hit white disaster.
500 is a good place to be.

kirtblue
Jan 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
i cant really give too much advice cause i dont know your play style so i can give my opinion if you can tell me if you want
1 a nuker focus pure in techs does massive damage
2 support is there to help others real team player type
3 melee force like to use a saber now and again
4 all around force doesnt excel at any of the above but can fill there shoes to a degree

Krank32oz
Jan 18, 2010, 02:46 AM
I have always liked to do support and tech damage. And since they are close it seems like it is do-able.

kirtblue
Jan 18, 2010, 09:39 PM
if you wanna do support i recommend using pp mats and something like half mind half guard on your mag

Krank32oz
Jan 19, 2010, 02:58 AM
I was gona do like 70 mind 30 guard, give or take a little. And ill have to try out mind and pp matts to see what fits me best!

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 05:01 PM
mag sounds good choice for you i recommended the pp mats over mind as you support your gunna focus on buffs and debuffs and healing more than damage also might be a good idea to make a pure mind mag for solo