PDA

View Full Version : Mechwarrior movie...

Atari
Feb 27, 2003, 11:03 PM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/387/387496p1.html

like it says above

BlackRose
Feb 27, 2003, 11:07 PM
I've been waiting for someone to do it since Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. I just hope they stick to old-school mechwarrior and don't screw it up with some kooky new idea... >=

CajunSamurai
Feb 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
Hot damn, they're actually making a movie off a PC game?! One that could easily translate into a decent movie if done right? Wow.
The squad/mission based nature of Mechwarrior should work quite well for a movie... "SHOULD" being the key word. Whether it will or not is another story altogether, I'm afraid...
At least they're not gonna have to totally Americanize it like every other videogame based movie. As played out as the tech-talkin' scifi characters and dialogue are, they should work well in a Mechwarrior movie. ... SHOULD.

Abaddon
Feb 28, 2003, 08:28 AM
Damn that could work ^_^

i'd be interested to see it, and i'm gonna watch it.
but i gotta watch jackass first http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deathscythealpha
Feb 28, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-02-27 21:12, CajunSamurai wrote:
Hot damn, they're actually making a movie off a PC game?!

I know of 3 other PC games people have the rights to make into films.

Doom 3

Return To Castle Wolfenstien

The Sims

You read the last one right, a film company has bought the rights to make the Sims into a movie. Whoever they were, im gussing theyve never played the game.

The Mechwarrior film doesnt really catch my interest though, i found the game to slow and samey for my liking.

Kemon
Feb 28, 2003, 11:13 AM
cool but i heard they might make a DBZ movie with realy ppl i wonder how there going to pull that off!

Kemon
Feb 28, 2003, 11:14 AM
cool but i heard they might make a DBZ movie with realy ppl i wonder how there going to pull that off!

Dangerous55
Feb 28, 2003, 03:11 PM
Good to see Video Games getting more mainstream. But if its not good, it hurts the industry.