PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Newbie Questions PSP2

Sinikal
Jan 15, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hey guys, i was thinking about picking up a PSP and PSP2. I have a few questions though before.

-Are you able to play this game on the PSP Go?

-How does one buy and play this game in the US? What is the process exactly.

-I dont speak or read Japanese so is there any language packs or something i can download? Or if i get the Japanese version am i going to just have to learn it ;)

Thanks!

Pillan
Jan 15, 2010, 02:52 PM
1. Yes.

2. Make a Japanese PSN account (the guide can be found somewhere buried in this section or you can Google it), get a Japanese PSN card with at least 4500 yen (Gateway to Japan is the recommended site), and purchase the game on the Playstation Network, downloading it at your leisure.

3. There is no English patch, so you'll either have to learn Japanese or have enough PSU logic to figure out exactly what's going on without knowing the language. You'll need a guide for the buttons on Chapter 8-2 as well.

Sinikal
Jan 15, 2010, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a pain. Lol

Pillan
Jan 15, 2010, 03:35 PM
If you know how to play PSU, you won't have any trouble with it once you figure out that the confirm and cancel buttons (and thus the pick up and pallet buttons) have been reversed. Other than that, the menus are pretty much the same and require no really knowledge of the language to breeze through most everything.

Sinikal
Jan 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
Do i have to have a Japanese PSP to play? Also, whats the link to the recommended site get Japanese PSN card? How much yen does PSP2 cost? Anyone have the thread with all this info on it?

Thanks

CHOX
Jan 15, 2010, 11:52 PM
Do i have to have a Japanese PSP to play? Also, whats the link to the recommended site get Japanese PSN card? How much yen does PSP2 cost? Anyone have the thread with all this info on it?

Thanks

1. Nope, I'm playing on my American Go.
2. http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/info.html
3. 4,500 yen.

Sinikal
Jan 15, 2010, 11:54 PM
If i ordered the UMD version rather than digital i do not need a PSN account and PSN cards and all that right?

CHOX
Jan 16, 2010, 12:01 AM
You'll need a Japanese PSN account.

And its well worth it. I've just been leveling up in story mode before I go online since everyone around here seems to be doing S Ranks.

Sinikal
Jan 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
Ohhhh ok, so it pretty much boils down to weather or not i want to wait a week for the UMD to get here or 24hours for PSN card. Lol easy decision. How do i find PSP2 in the japanese shop once i get my points if its all in japanese?

Red Ring
Jan 16, 2010, 02:08 AM
that site says a 3000 yen card is 42 dollars. wouldnt you have to buy 2 cards to buy the 4300 yen game making you pay 84 bucks total? Seems cheaper to just import the umd from play asia unless you want to buy some cheap jap games on the psn as well. ive been seriously considering waiting for american release since they divided the communities through the different networks. idk yet if im going to import...

CHOX
Jan 16, 2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.gateway-to-japan.com/ps3-playstation-japan-store-network-ticket-5000-dl35000.html
5,000 yen card.

ashley50
Jan 16, 2010, 03:22 AM
If i ordered the UMD version rather than digital i do not need a PSN account and PSN cards and all that right?

You'll need a JP PSN account to online (duh)...and definitely will need a JP PSN card. Why? because JP PSN does not accept US Credit cards.

Do i have to have a Japanese PSP to play?

No...

DoubleJG
Jan 16, 2010, 05:10 AM
For you US players, do you experience any lag when playing online? Not sure how big of a deal server location is with this game. I'm loving the demo and continue to want the full game more and more everyday.

Pillan
Jan 16, 2010, 10:54 AM
that site says a 3000 yen card is 42 dollars. wouldnt you have to buy 2 cards to buy the 4300 yen game making you pay 84 bucks total? Seems cheaper to just import the umd from play asia unless you want to buy some cheap jap games on the psn as well. ive been seriously considering waiting for american release since they divided the communities through the different networks. idk yet if im going to import...

You can import the UMD if you don't mind waiting for shipping and own a PSP beside the Go. It will save you some money overall. However, for a Go there is no other option.

Sinikal
Jan 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
You can import the UMD if you don't mind waiting for shipping and own a PSP beside the Go. It will save you some money overall. However, for a Go there is no other option.

Im probably going out sometime tomorrow to pick up a PSP 3000. After watching alot of the PSP GO reviews, it doesnt look comfortable to hold, plus there are more drawbacks to owning it than the benefits.

How big is the full downloaded PSP2 game file? I just put my order in for the 5000 yen card. :) How do i find the game on PSN once i get my card in, since its all in Japanese?

evange
Jan 16, 2010, 12:51 PM
For you US players, do you experience any lag when playing online? Not sure how big of a deal server location is with this game. I'm loving the demo and continue to want the full game more and more everyday.

lag free as long as the host is close you.

DoubleJG
Jan 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
lag free as long as the host is close you.

So, if I'm in the US and the host is in JP, I'll lag?

ashley50
Jan 16, 2010, 02:49 PM
So, if I'm in the US and the host is in JP, I'll lag?

yup...

DoubleJG
Jan 16, 2010, 02:52 PM
So how do all of you US players play? Do you just stick with one another or host the games yourself?