PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Have a Question? Post here!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
Hello everyone,

I've noticed that there are so many questions for PS:P2! A lot of them are rather specific, and a lot of them have been repeated.

I think it's a good idea to have a topic where you can post any general questions you have and hopefully someone should answer it soon enough :). This can also be used as a good compilation of general questions as well!

So I guess I'll start with a general'ish question. How do I turn on Autotext?

Pillan
Jan 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
Autotext automatically activates in Multi-Mode or Online Multi-Mode. It does nothing in Story Mode.

Deragonite
Jan 15, 2010, 03:00 PM
I see... umm my autotext doesn't turn on when I play multi? At least I don't see it...

Pillan
Jan 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
It happens at random intervals, much like NPC talk. If it's not happening at all, then I have no idea.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 15, 2010, 05:19 PM
The more common the phrase is the less chance it has of activating, the autowords for damage and blocking etc won't happen very often, as opposed to the Level up or Mission Start/Clear autowords which should always trigger without fail.

richie_027
Jan 15, 2010, 06:45 PM
Anyone have any idea when the PSO cloth's become available? I have cleared story mode on normal and main character is 80 if that helps at all...

Drawers
Jan 15, 2010, 07:48 PM
Do some of the new clothes come in seperate pieces?

CHOX
Jan 15, 2010, 08:07 PM
Alright, here is one. What are the translations for the exchange items? How do I know if I have photo drops, photon crystals, and photon boosters? I have a whole bunch of about five items and I have no idea what they are.

And is there a way to revert my PM back to it's original model?

Chuck_Norris
Jan 15, 2010, 08:24 PM
Could someone explain exactly what these Extend Codes are? I can't seem to find out. Also, is there any point to a beast gunner now?

GJARE
Jan 15, 2010, 09:00 PM
Does 白亜のコンサート require every party member to have the tickets or just the host and also how many tickets are required of each type?

Mulat
Jan 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
Ahh I was needing a thread like this.

I saw in the demo that changing skin color for CASTs costs something like 500,000 meseta. Does that include the main and sub colors of the parts? If not, can it be done some other way?

How do I know if I have photo drops, photon crystals, and photon boosters?
Not sure if this is what you're asking, but:
Photon Drop = フォトンドロップ
Photon Crystal = フォトンクリスタル
Photon Booster = フォトンブースター

I'd translate the exchange list (http://pspo2.wikiwiki.jp/?%B0%EC%C8%CC%A5%A2%A5%A4%A5%C6%A5%E0#k7e6564e) but someone probably already has, somewhere...

evange
Jan 16, 2010, 07:10 AM
Could someone explain exactly what these Extend Codes are? I can't seem to find out. Also, is there any point to a beast gunner now?

Extend codes are items in the decoration inventory that would be able to let you grind one final last time,make weapon s rank and some giving special effects.Can only be gotten by completing 7 stages on challenge mode.
Look at crouch, he is a beast gunner.

Does 白亜のコンサート require every party member to have the tickets or just the host and also how many tickets are required of each type?

Every party member would need all the tickets.
4 of each 5 different tickets is needed.
P.S nearly all monsters 1 hit ko you from stage 2 onwards but the exp is huge.
killing a monster with 5 hits and getting 10k exp feels good =)

Ahh I was needing a thread like this.

I saw in the demo that changing skin color for CASTs costs something like 500,000 meseta. Does that include the main and sub colors of the parts? If not, can it be done some other way?

yea thats the only way sadly.

Pillan
Jan 16, 2010, 11:10 AM
Also, is there any point to a beast gunner now?

The same point there is to Newman Hunter and Cast Force. It counterbalances Beasts low stats with Ranger's high stats and vice versa. You just end up compensating the ranged damage with more melee.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 16, 2010, 10:50 PM
The same point there is to Newman Hunter and Cast Force. It counterbalances Beasts low stats with Ranger's high stats and vice versa. You just end up compensating the ranged damage with more melee.

You're saying Beast gunners work by using melee, then? So there is no point anymore. Got it.

DoubleJG
Jan 16, 2010, 11:31 PM
Does Play-Asia accept PayPal?

ashley50
Jan 17, 2010, 12:32 AM
Does Play-Asia accept PayPal?
This should be more than enough answer your question(s)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-helppayment-49-en.html

Pillan
Jan 17, 2010, 01:11 AM
You're saying Beast gunners work by using melee, then? So there is no point anymore. Got it.

Nah. I'm saying they have the lowest gun damage but can pair it with a slicer or something for a powerful finish (assuming you have enough PP left...). Or use their high HP/EVP to get in close with a shotgun/crossbow. Overall, though, I'd say it's tough to argue their merits when Cast has the best ranged damage, best PP recovery (for bullets), and insignificantly less melee damage.

iSelphy
Jan 17, 2010, 01:41 PM
What's everyone's opinions on the new PAs?
Also, I know people switch around PAs based on what they're doing, the boss and mobs, but generally, what's the best overall PA for weapons if you just want to stick to one only?

Izuna
Jan 17, 2010, 03:14 PM
Also, I know people switch around PAs based on what they're doing, the boss and mobs, but generally, what's the best overall PA for weapons if you just want to stick to one only?

The new double saber PA roxs because all attacks stay within the chain and the first attack can stop enemies from attacking. The new double dagger PA is similar -- it has a second attack, but there's not much point in using it.

Tycho
Jan 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
Most new Skills are considered to be the new best of their kind. >_>

Pillan
Jan 17, 2010, 03:40 PM

Pretty much all the new arts are worth experimenting with, but it all boils down to weapon choice in the end.

As far as sticking to one, I'll give you two of my favorites. For offensive players, I'd go with Dus Scad (the new spear art). For defensive players, I'd stick to good ol' Spiral Dance.

iSelphy
Jan 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
Right now I'm mainly using twin swords, twin daggers, and knuckles. I want to use double saber and twin claws eventually too.

For the new twin dagger pa, is it the one where you throw the daggers then kick them? That seems useful but the second Attack comes out too slow I think.

Pillan
Jan 17, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mostly demo vs. retail questions.

How's the meseta gain? Does the game give too much, too little? How long would it take to get that 500,000 meseta, for someone around level 20 or 30?

Do player deaths count against a mission ranking if they get revived (by a scape doll, moon atomizer, revive technique, etc.)?

I heard the PSU warp crystals are there in missions, but I haven't seen them in the demo. Are they there in the retail version?

Relatedly, does returning to town end any mission you're on?

Are the extend abilities (like HP Boost, PP cost reduction, etc.) granted by job level ups, or something else?

Is it possible for stuff like game mechanics to be patched on PSPo2? I hear a lot of complaints about Forces -- if it turns out they really do suck eggs, would that be fixable, or a permanent issue Sega can't do anything about?

Have you called your mother lately? She worries, you know.

1. You won't have 500k by 30 unless you're saving up for it. Most of the demo players had a lot by that level just because the cap was level 15, so all the extra EXP didn't count. But, once you hit 100, you won't have trouble getting a million meseta in a couple hours just from selling stuff you pick up.

2. Warp crystals only appear in multi-mode and online.

3. Returning to town kills the mission in single player, but not in multi-mode/online.

4. Class specific and class level based.

5. They already patched EX traps, so yes.

6. She died last March.

iSelphy
Jan 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
Oh, I have another question. What exactly are exact counters and how do you perform them?

To my knowledge, it's after you exact block and just attack?

evange
Jan 17, 2010, 08:35 PM
Oh, I have another question. What exactly are exact counters and how do you perform them?

To my knowledge, it's after you exact block and just attack?

once you block the enemy at the same time it hit you, its exact counter.
the monster would be "attacked" by your shield.

iSelphy
Jan 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
once you block the enemy at the same time it hit you, its exact counter.
the monster would be "attacked" by your shield.

Oh, so just exact guarding with a shield will get that title then, thanks.

Arika
Jan 17, 2010, 09:36 PM
Oh, so just exact guarding with a shield will get that title then, thanks.

Not sure if exact = just in the JP word.

but

Just guard = do the right timing on guard, it can damage the enemy with shield, but you can do just guard with any weapon and it still count for your title.

guard = just hold the guard longer, let enemy hit you.

just counter = do just guard and attack the enemy back with just attack. performing this also turn you into invincible mode for 2 sec.

AndyPandy
Jan 18, 2010, 06:54 AM
Has anyone used gateway to japan to buy the japanese PSN cards? whats the best place to buy them from..ie fastest, most reliable, best price etc?

Anon_Fire
Jan 18, 2010, 11:10 AM
Where do you get the following weapons?

- Agito Repca
- Lightning Espada
- Double Agito
- Carriguine-Rucar
- Twin Cannon
- Tamagiri-zashi
- Mugunburga
- Bardiche
- Morat Machinus
- Halp Serafi
- Artemis Shield
- Standstill Shield
- Lavis Cannon
- Asura-hiken
- Hyakkaryolan

DoubleJG
Jan 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
About how long did it take those of you who ordered from Play-Asia to receive your game? (if you live in the states)

Drawers
Jan 18, 2010, 06:44 PM
Do some of the new clothes come in seperate pieces?

Everyone's question has been answered but mine...? I know I have a record but there's no need to ostracize my posts.

ashley50
Jan 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
About how long did it take those of you who ordered from Play-Asia to receive your game? (if you live in the states)

depends on the shipping service you choose.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-helpshippingoptions-49-en.html

Tycho
Jan 19, 2010, 04:47 AM
Everyone's question has been answered but mine...? I know I have a record but there's no need to ostracize my posts.
I'm not too familiar with what's new on here (http://pspo2.wikiwiki.jp/?%C9%FE%A1%A6%A5%D1%A1%BC%A5%C4), but if you ask me it looks like the bulk of the new stuff covers all three clothing slots.

Mike
Jan 19, 2010, 06:18 AM
The donation box is driving my crazy (what's new, eh?) because I can't seem to get the Twin Beef Sabers to spawn. So I'm on the verge of starting to beg for some. But before I beg, I wanted to ask if anyone knew if the beef weapons are tradeable. They count as rare weapons but there are a few weapons that rare weapons that are tradeable so I wondering if anyone knew.

Edit: I did a little testing myself and the beef weapons are tradeable. This leads me to a second question: Anyone have any Twin Beef Sabers they don't need?

Anon_Fire
Jan 19, 2010, 10:19 AM
Mine hasn't been answered yet.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
I have a question-
Does anyone want me to make a video of any other thing in PS:P2? (no TA's, because that's not my thing).

I could make more tech animations if anyone wants.
I'm sure I have all the techs other than buffs to 30. (I might have Shifta at 30, but that's old news anyway).

Hobbez
Jan 19, 2010, 12:21 PM

Unfortunatly, all of the new clothes are one-piece, (dont know about parts, I'm newman). On the plus side, it only takes up one inventory slot =p

GeoSword
Jan 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
Anon_Fire

The one's I know off the top of my head:

- Agito Repca (Black Rhapsody Boss Box)
- Lightning Espada (I found it from an Astark S Rank on Parum)
- Morat Machinus (Runaway SEED Express S Rank from Seed Ardite)
- Artemis Shield (AMF Recovery Boss Box A Rank)
- Standstill Shield (Mad Beast S Rank Green Worms)

Drawers
Jan 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
I have a question-
Does anyone want me to make a video of any other thing in PS:P2? (no TA's, because that's not my thing).

I could make more tech animations if anyone wants.
I'm sure I have all the techs other than buffs to 30. (I might have Shifta at 30, but that's old news anyway).

Yes please I just want to see the offensive techs at lv.30.

Thank ya'll for answering my question, it really helped me.

evange
Jan 19, 2010, 03:34 PM
The donation box is driving my crazy (what's new, eh?) because I can't seem to get the Twin Beef Sabers to spawn. So I'm on the verge of starting to beg for some. But before I beg, I wanted to ask if anyone knew if the beef weapons are tradeable. They count as rare weapons but there are a few weapons that rare weapons that are tradeable so I wondering if anyone knew.

Edit: I did a little testing myself and the beef weapons are tradeable. This leads me to a second question: Anyone have any Twin Beef Sabers they don't need?

imo the best way to get it is equip rare item boost, then save=>donate and repeat till you have the twin beef saber.
you could also try praying to miko.
IIRC there is a way to increase the number of boxes but i forgot how..

Mike
Jan 19, 2010, 06:55 PM
imo the best way to get it is equip rare item boost, then save=>donate and repeat till you have the twin beef saber.
you could also try praying to miko.
IIRC there is a way to increase the number of boxes but i forgot how..

I could give Saya all the money I have and it wouldn't help because that's not the way the donation box works. Ditto for the rare boost skill. The way you increase the number of boxes is by being lucky.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yes please I just want to see the offensive techs at lv.30.

Thank ya'll for answering my question, it really helped me.

Sounds good, just give me a day or so, and I'll put them all in one video for everyone. :D
(If I'm missing any, just let me know, and I'll try to hunt em down).

DoubleJG
Jan 19, 2010, 08:31 PM
I know this thread is for PSPo2 questions, but I don't want to create a new one for one (hopefully) simple question. Can an English version of PSPo1 play multi-mode with a Japanese version of PSPo1?

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 08:40 PM
I know this thread is for PSPo2 questions, but I don't want to create a new one for one (hopefully) simple question. Can an English version of PSPo1 play multi-mode with a Japanese version of PSPo1?

Nope.
:/

Europeans and US gamesaves are also different from eachother.
Though the US/Eu ones get the same stuff.

Red Ring
Jan 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
Can you still look down the scope of rifles? I hit select but it brings up chat functions in PSP2.

Pillan
Jan 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
Left Trigger + any direction on the D-pad. This works regardless of weapon, but can only shoot with appropriate guns. It also activates goggles automatically.

DoubleJG
Jan 26, 2010, 06:23 PM
I've noticed that PSPo2 has boosted enemies just like PS0, except there have been two different colored boost auras: gold, and red.

What are the differences between these two?

(Oh, and my full retail version should be arriving in the mail either tomorrow or Thursday. Here's to hoping the online code has not been used like the prior owner said it wasn't!)

Pillan
Jan 26, 2010, 08:34 PM
There are a variety of different enemy boosts auras, but there's an easy rule of thumb to identify them. Essentially, the more elaborate the aura, the stronger the enemy, the more EXP they give, and the higher their drop rate. The strongest one is a huge white aura, I believe.

Skyly HUmar
Jan 26, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hey, I just got the 10,000 kill sword, the kokinto I belive. Is this the one I hear you can unseal? and if so how so?

HyuJun
Jan 26, 2010, 10:31 PM
alright i've been stuck at lvl.10 shifta for more than i can bare, read several times that tech drop in certain missions/places making them farmable

where would i find shifta lvl.11+?

im really surprised i havent stumbled upon it yet consider im doing lvl.100+ missions

Skyly HUmar
Jan 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
alright i've been stuck at lvl.10 shifta for more than i can bare, read several times that tech drop in certain missions/places making them farmable

where would i find shifta lvl.11+?

im really surprised i havent stumbled upon it yet consider im doing lvl.100+ missions

Buy it at the secret society.

I found mine ina B rank mission, I recomend you look here: http://psp2.psupedia.info In the main menu click on AREAS then scroll down till you see the PA you want. Then do a mission that has that area in it from B-S rank.

Lunar_Furor
Jan 27, 2010, 12:31 AM
Is there any way I can put all of my psp2 stuff on a different memory card? I've cut my space so thinly I can't make any more characters... and I only have 2. Could someone pm me if there's an answer just in case I miss it here?

irukandjisyndrome
Jan 27, 2010, 01:57 AM
This is a pretty silly question, probably, but - how do you trade items with other players? I figured just dropping on the ground would work, but it doesn't let me drop weapons. :( Thanks.

Nevermind, found it. For anyone curious, you go to the cafe with whoever you're looking to trade with - there's a machine there that lets you perform trades. :)

Lucky 777
Jan 27, 2010, 04:42 AM
How do you get Cardianna in psp2?

DoubleJG
Jan 27, 2010, 03:18 PM
When selecting a mission, there are 3 categories with stars next to them. What are these categories and what do the number/color of stars represent?

Mulat
Jan 28, 2010, 12:19 AM
When selecting a mission, there are 3 categories with stars next to them. What are these categories and what do the number/color of stars represent?

プレイ時間 = Play Time, how long it takes to complete the mission.
タイプP = Type P, aka Type Points, how many you receive for completing the mission.
報酬メセタ = Meseta Reward, how much you receive for completing the mission.

As for colors, I have no idea. I just assumed it was a visibility thing with no consequence.

Is there any way I can put all of my psp2 stuff on a different memory card? I've cut my space so thinly I can't make any more characters... and I only have 2.Some computers have Memory Stick Pro Duo readers so you can move data between cards or store it on your hard drive, if yours doesn't but has USB ports your cheapest option is probably a data transfer cable (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28732).

Lunar_Furor
Jan 28, 2010, 12:54 AM
So just move the folder over? I for some reason thought it wouldn't work.

Astarin
Jan 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
How does PSP:2 handle rare enemies? I've heard that missions have set spawn patterns, so I'm just curious. Is it PSU style, where you'll only find them at specific locations, or more like PSO/Zero where they can appear anywhere?

Pillan
Jan 28, 2010, 10:49 AM
Rare enemies are PSU style. They only appear in set locations on the map and the enemy spawns on the maps that they appear on has always been the same to my knowledge. The only thing I'm unsure of is rare bosses (Olgadillan) and lobbies (Cake Shop and Pizza Hut), which appear too rarely for me to notice if they're locked to a set spawn pattern.

Astarin
Jan 28, 2010, 11:05 AM
Cool. Thanks Pillan.

I've got another one for you folks. Do Technics/Techniques still work on the tier based PSU system? In other words, does a technic have a set SE/visual effect/number of targets from 1-10, then another from 11-20, and a higher from 21-30? Same with other photon arts, I guess. Do you not get the additional combos until 11 and 21, as in PSU?

I'm asking, because if it works like you, then it seems like Braver gets shafted. They're capped at level 20 arts across the board, compared to 30 or 15 for the other classes. In PSU, a limit of 20 versus 15 doesn't really afford much advantage, especially regarding Technics, when the changes don't hit until 21.

Pillan
Jan 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
Techs change at each tier, the same as in PSU. Their visuals are the same as levels 1-30 on PSU, but their stats, effects, and casting speeds have all been rebalanced for this game. (I.e., techs don't suck as much for the first 10 levels.)

As far as skills go, all skills get their full combo at 11 and most 2 hand skills have 2 parts at level 1. (The only exceptions being 2 hand skills with less than 3 parts.) So every class gets full combos with every skill. They just deal less damage with the parts than hunter.

Braver doesn't have any real trouble keeping up with the other classes thanks to EX traps. And if you want to make them stronger than that, level up Ranger to get Full Charge Shot and Force to get the various tech speed abilities.

DoubleJG
Jan 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
Just got my game and am installing it.

1) Where do I access Client Missions? The psupedia says "cast with white hair", but the one in the cafe doesn't do anything when I talk to her. Do I need to clear story mode first, or are these only accessible in multiplayer?

2) what is Trial for? I clicked it and it installed something, but I'm not sure what.

3) *** Also, would anyone please be able to create an image or explain the internet mode options when searching & creating parties? For example, what does the number in the parenthesis stand for?)

Tycho
Jan 29, 2010, 08:40 AM
1) Oh, sorry if it wasn't clear from the article -- the client missions only get unlocked after a certain point in story for each NPC. So basically, you might wanna try and progress a bit further, dunno which got unlocked when. :/
2) Trial should be the demo version I think.

DoubleJG
Jan 29, 2010, 01:32 PM
1) Oh, sorry if it wasn't clear from the article -- the client missions only get unlocked after a certain point in story for each NPC. So basically, you might wanna try and progress a bit further, dunno which got unlocked when. :/
2) Trial should be the demo version I think.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

New question:

I've checked the jp wiki as well as our own, and haven't found any guides on this yet. Weapon badges, PA (fragments, I'm assuming?), and all Photon items (drops, etc), are used where, and for what? I'm assuming they're for clothes and weapons, and my only guess would be Bruce's Trade Mission. Anyways, is there a guide for this sort of thing anywhere?

Lyra
Jan 29, 2010, 11:26 PM
On story mission 8:1 how do you get past the floor buttons? They turn off again after you step off them. I'm illiterate so I don't know if there were some instructions in this mission that I couldn't read that would have explained it.

Deragonite
Jan 29, 2010, 11:57 PM
Try all the combinations.

All I remember is Green first for both of them. The 1st puzzle is just moving around the perimeter of the square. The 2nd one is not a square. That eliminates well over 3/4's of the possibilities.

GJARE
Jan 30, 2010, 12:07 AM
On story mission 8:1 how do you get past the floor buttons? They turn off again after you step off them. I'm illiterate so I don't know if there were some instructions in this mission that I couldn't read that would have explained it.

first is Green, red, blue yellow

2nd: Green, blue yellow red

THOTH
Jan 30, 2010, 12:29 AM
In regards to beast rangers:

There's actually some interesting benefits to this set up:
-Braver like Evasion
-Can effectively use weapons beast hunters might be a bit afraid of due to accuracy, such as whips
-Due to level 30 bullets, can compensate for accuracy issues with the accuracy shot
-Has like... 200ish more TP then any hunter, including newman
-Has newman hunter like ATP
-Although slight, their high ATP does help damage a tiny bit on most ranged weapons

Handgun/mechgun+whip combo is fierce. They also make good use of double sabers.

Also... they can use cards with 3 shots, which is an excellent ranged combo builder. The right hand can use a weapon like saber and use PAs...

Chuck_Norris
Jan 30, 2010, 01:10 AM
In regards to beast rangers:

There's actually some interesting benefits to this set up:
-Braver like Evasion
-Can effectively use weapons beast hunters might be a bit afraid of due to accuracy, such as whips
-Due to level 30 bullets, can compensate for accuracy issues with the accuracy shot
-Has like... 200ish more TP then any hunter, including newman
-Has newman hunter like ATP
-Although slight, their high ATP does help damage a tiny bit on most ranged weapons

Handgun/mechgun+whip combo is fierce. They also make good use of double sabers.

Also... they can use cards with 3 shots, which is an excellent ranged combo builder. The right hand can use a weapon like saber and use PAs...

If I'm going to use Ranger, I'd be using the two hand guns, such as shotgun and laser cannon. I doubt I'd EVER use techs on a beast ranger. And a CAST could do the rest better than a beast, for the most part. They'd have higher ATA and do much more damage on the cards. And don't beasts have like the 2nd lowest PP? They'd run out way too quick, with how fast guns burn PP.

THOTH
Jan 30, 2010, 01:24 AM
If I'm going to use Ranger, I'd be using the two hand guns, such as shotgun and laser cannon. I doubt I'd EVER use techs on a beast ranger. And a CAST could do the rest better than a beast, for the most part. They'd have higher ATA and do much more damage on the cards. And don't beasts have like the 2nd lowest PP? They'd run out way too quick, with how fast guns burn PP.

Well the thing is, beast rangers have the same ATA roughly as newman bravers, who would be able to justify the use of two handed weapons such as the laser.

As for techs resta helps.

Cast would do better then beast, yes but obviously less melee.

As for cards, you'd be using them to build combos over actually worrying about the damage done during build up process, I suppose.

Yes, they'd run out of PP, but you'd be using melee alot more...also there are PP saving bullets too that help to a degree.

Not saying any of this makes for a "great idea" but they aren't completely pointless... they're basically HUcasts....with a bit more love for guns with the higher level of bullets. Look at it this way, a hucast with level 15 bullets will have 15% less "effect" (like power bullets) compared to a ranger with level 30 bullets...granted, the beast gets fewer PA....

But yeah...It's kind of great that there are so many left handed guns, you can juggle melee and gunning effortlessly with this class.

The only completely pointless class are newman hunters (Compare beast bravers to newman hunters stats... if I recall, the only thing the hunter beats the braver in is defense...but then compare evasion and forget about any advantage period)

Lyra
Jan 30, 2010, 02:30 AM
first is Green, red, blue yellow

2nd: Green, blue yellow red

Hmm this is weird but even the green one won't stay lit.
This is in the first area where there is a pile of rubble that you get research percent for checking.

EDIT - oh finally figured out you can order the magical transformation girl to stand in a certain place--like on the button.

Pillan
Jan 30, 2010, 05:53 PM
The only completely pointless class are newman hunters (Compare beast bravers to newman hunters stats... if I recall, the only thing the hunter beats the braver in is defense...but then compare evasion and forget about any advantage period)

If you think Newman Hunter is pointless because of Beast Braver, you should compare Beast Ranger to Cast Braver. The Cast is insignificantly worse off or better at every stat. Of course, that doesn't take the PA distribution into account, which you may wish to note in either case.

THOTH
Jan 30, 2010, 06:34 PM
The newman hunter is only pointless because no hunter has enough TP to make it useful...beast braver has pretty similar stats, plus the option to actually use techs (especially females, who have the same teching skills/pp as human male bravers)

As far as a beast ranger to cast braver, yeah they are roughly the sameish. I wouldn't say there's a huge gap in quality though, in contrast to the aforementioned HUnew vs BRbeast.

Let's also factor in that beasts get another slot unit not spent on SUV/Mirage meaning they can boost their stats without having to compromise a special ability. An additional ATA unit on a female beast would definitely make them more competitive in the world of gunning.

DoubleJG
Jan 31, 2010, 08:47 PM
I know this game has grinding, but I have yet to come across a grinder. My question is basically this: Where can you obtain them?

Tycho
Feb 1, 2010, 05:42 AM
I know this game has grinding, but I have yet to come across a grinder. My question is basically this: Where can you obtain them?
You don't need any, you just pay (and a LOT at that for high-rank weapons).

Weeaboolits
Feb 1, 2010, 11:37 AM
I haven't been able to figure out what exactly the light and dark Mirage Blasts do, the dark one gave me some sort of aura, but I didn't really notice what it did, the light one left me equally perplexed.

Anyone happen to know what they do?

irukandjisyndrome
Feb 1, 2010, 06:12 PM
Is the infrastructure down? I keep getting these errors:

[ 通信切断 ]

ゲームサーバーで
ネットワークエラーが(kanji I can't read)生し、
通信が切断されました
(sg4001)

I don't know enough to know entirely what it's saying but I was guessing it meant the server is down. This is also the first time I've tried to get into online infrastructure in the first place, I input my code in the Playstation Network and all - is there anything else I need to do, and does it take a bit for it to be validated or anything?

Oh, hey, it's under maintenance. :P Silly me. Answered my own question again... OTL

Touka
Feb 1, 2010, 06:25 PM
I haven't been able to figure out what exactly the light and dark Mirage Blasts do, the dark one gave me some sort of aura, but I didn't really notice what it did, the light one left me equally perplexed.

Anyone happen to know what they do?

Dark boosts attack speed temporarily,Light has something to do with boosting other peoples nano/suv/mirage or something.It's useless in offline.

THOTH
Feb 1, 2010, 06:39 PM
How long does the dark mirage attack boost last any way at S rank? To my understanding it also only works on melee, not gunning/teching.

pso123hrf
Feb 1, 2010, 07:04 PM

Seeing as you are already making a video of techniques... Could you make a video of the attack variations between the males and females? I've noticed that males have a really strange attack pattern with single sabers. You're the guy that uses the HD PVR, right?

Any who, I have a series of questions to ask.

1. Are there any units (for armor slots) that increase technique speed (like the A/B unit in PSPo1)?

2. How useful are the skills that decrease technique casting time? Ex.: debuffs, healing, fire, etc

3. How would a female newman force fair with a card/crossbow setup? Using the card/crossbow for gaining combo, then a tech for damage, would that work? Do all ranged guns deal elemental effects? (Freeze, paralyze, etc)

4. How is the casting time with rods, canes, and TCSMs?

5. Would a support braver be useful in PSPo2? Like going for buffs/debuffs, and building combos? Would using the skill to cut casting time with buffs/debuffs/heal work well?

Pillan
Feb 1, 2010, 08:06 PM
1. No.

2. It's not worth it for buffs/debuffs since those cast fast enough on a rod even at 21+. But everything else has slower techs that make it worthwhile.

3. You'll be much better off with cards, since those use TP. You'll also have to be careful since both ranged and casting weapons drain PP. Ranged weapon effects vary depending on the weapon. Some have a different status with each element, others have a set status regardless, and others have none.

4. It's the same as PSU. Rods are slowest, canes are faster, and madoogs are fastest. However, the third move of a rod or cane combo has nearly no cast time. Madoogs can't combo, so they don't benefit from this.

5. Not any more than a support Hunter or Ranger, really. They can do better Resta, but the buffs are the same and everyone's used to using mates or casting on themselves by now. Increasing Resta's speed is good but, as I said earlier, buff speed isn't worth it and requires Force 20 something anyway. If you want to heal, buff, and debuff, I'd stick to Force.

You may also want to note that Resta is a lot weaker in this game. So equipping a high TP weapon with a natural Resta boost works great for support. The best way to do this is to keep Emilia in your party as she gives away B to S versions of her rod, all of which boost Resta.

Tycho
Feb 1, 2010, 08:12 PM
Oh, hey, it's under maintenance.
If there had been a maintenance, we'd have our item mission update now! D:
(Also, 発生、はっせい)

kongajinken
Feb 1, 2010, 08:19 PM
How much is base chance for a critical hit and how much is it boosted if you use a type ability to increase your critical hit for that weapon.

irukandjisyndrome
Feb 1, 2010, 08:28 PM
If there had been a maintenance, we'd have our item mission update now! D:
(Also, 発生、はっせい)

It's not PSPo2 that's under maintenance, it's the playstation network.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/state.html

It says it's running maintenance right now. :(

DoubleJG
Feb 1, 2010, 08:32 PM
I keep reading that techs can combo. My question is, how? Do you have to exact attack like with melee weapons, or do you have to use 1 tech, than the other tech for an alternation-like combo?

irukandjisyndrome
Feb 1, 2010, 09:27 PM
And now I don't have the most faith in my ability to read that Japanese, so:

Is PSPo2 infrastructure down for anyone else or just me?

Alam
Feb 1, 2010, 10:44 PM
Could you make a video of the attack variations between the males and females? I've noticed that males have a really strange attack pattern with single sabers. You're the guy that uses the HD PVR, right?

What mere mortal calls my name!? (HDPVR guy is not my name; call me Alam, Taz or even PSP2spy D: )

Will I fulfill this request? Maybe...(I'm tired) Bring me a sacrifice and your wish shall be granted(nah, I'll do it :) But if you DO bring me a sacrifice...uh...o_O)

DoubleJG
Feb 1, 2010, 11:25 PM
What's the name of the rare SEED dragon boss? Also, can it spawn at the end of every mission, or just ones without a boss?

Weeaboolits
Feb 1, 2010, 11:31 PM
The kana reads "oruga diran", I think I remember seeing it transcribed as Orga Dillan (Or at least something similar) before, but I don't know if that's at all official or not.

Also, I have yet to encounter him on a mission with a boss, having to fight him right after another boss would be pretty obnoxious, though.

irukandjisyndrome
Feb 2, 2010, 12:05 AM
Thank you ♥

To anyone who may be playing for the first time reading this and encountering sg4001 errors when they connect to infra, you need to update your game before you can connect. Press the triangle button when the UMD is selected in the main menu, a bar should come up on the right and one of the options should say "Update". Select it and it will update the game for you.

This is probably common knowledge but I didn't know and was encountering errors because of it OTL

Red Ring
Feb 2, 2010, 01:34 AM
Just to make sure the game is linked to your psn right? so if you use a a different psp you can still play online as long as you use same psn?

DoubleJG
Feb 2, 2010, 01:53 AM
Just to make sure the game is linked to your psn right? so if you use a a different psp you can still play online as long as you use same psn?

Correct. The game disc can be played on any PSN account on story and adhoc mode (as far as I know), but infrastructure mode is linked to the specific account that registered the access code.

The PSN account MUST a Japanese account, and be sure to write down your login info.

Touka
Feb 2, 2010, 05:33 PM
How long does the dark mirage attack boost last any way at S rank? To my understanding it also only works on melee, not gunning/teching.

No idea how long the S rank version lasts but you're incorrect about it only working on melee,my Force was able to cast MUCH faster with the dark mirage.

kongajinken
Feb 2, 2010, 06:41 PM
How much is base chance for a critical hit and how much is it boosted if you use a type ability to increase your critical hit for that weapon.

Anyone?

DoubleJG
Feb 2, 2010, 06:42 PM
When you clear a Story Mission and you get a reward of 1something, what is it that you are receiving? I never notice any new items in my inventory.

pso123hrf
Feb 2, 2010, 06:57 PM
What mere mortal calls my name!? (HDPVR guy is not my name; call me Alam, Taz or even PSP2spy D: )

Will I fulfill this request? Maybe...(I'm tired) Bring me a sacrifice and your wish shall be granted(nah, I'll do it :) But if you DO bring me a sacrifice...uh...o_O)

I remember you now! ^-^ I'm already subscribed to you, I think. Could you also make a video of the casting time differences with and without the skill to decrease casting time? I don't want you to do it for all techniques (that'd take a while D:), just the ones that take the longest to cast.

I don't know what I can do for you. :<

Princess1977
Feb 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
Is this game like PSU? Like how does the online work? I hope you don't have to add people like you do on the DS. Also does the JP ver get updates if I imported it? I orderd mine today from play-asia so if you can help me out with info. please send me a PM :)
Thanks

Mike
Feb 2, 2010, 08:43 PM
Is this game like PSU? Like how does the online work? I hope you don't have to add people like you do on the DS. Also does the JP ver get updates if I imported it? I orderd mine today from play-asia so if you can help me out with info. please send me a PM :)
Thanks

It plays more like a PSU - Monster Hunter hybrid than plain old PSU. It still has a lot of PSU related stuff in it though.

Online works similar to the way PSO, minus the visual lobby. You connect to the a server, join or create a party, and go. You don't have to fool around anything like friend codes either. You can play with anyone. If you exchange partner cards, you can even send simple mail to each other.

The Japanese version gets updates as long as you purchase it. Pirating the game will stop you from getting updates. If you mean download content, download missions can be downloaded by anyone but download items are only available in the Japanese PSN. Since you need a Japanese PSN account to play online, you are free to get the download items as well. Not all items are free though.

Princess1977
Feb 2, 2010, 08:54 PM
how do I get a JP PSN? And there is micro transactions?

Mike
Feb 2, 2010, 09:10 PM
how do I get a JP PSN? And there is micro transactions?

You can try it this way (http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/) from a PS3. Or try it from a PSP (http://www.maxconsole.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132637). I would recomend using a real email address though as if you forget your information while switching between accounts, an email account is the only way to get your information back.

There are optional micro-transactions. You don't need to buy anything to complete the game 100%. The items you can buy are completely optional and don't break the game balance.

DoubleJG
Feb 2, 2010, 09:11 PM
So I think I somewhat answered my own question of what the 1 thing is that you receive when finishing story missions (just finished Ch3).

What exactly are these? :

Bureibushirudo
Sukepudoru

Princess1977
Feb 2, 2010, 09:12 PM
You can try it this way (http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/) from a PS3. Or try it from a PSP (http://www.maxconsole.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132637).

There are optional micro-transactions. You don't need to buy anything to complete the game 100%. The items you can buy are completely optional and don't break the game balance.

you are very helpful :) ty ^^
Right now I am making a JP PSN account on the PC its asking for a address what should I put?

Princess1977
Feb 2, 2010, 09:34 PM
Ok PSN account made :) now I gotta test it lol

DoubleJG
Feb 3, 2010, 01:20 AM
Is there a list anywhere of the various maiden bonuses and what they do?

Mulat
Feb 3, 2010, 03:15 AM
So I think I somewhat answered my own question of what the 1 thing is that you receive when finishing story missions (just finished Ch3).

What exactly are these? :

Bureibushirudo
Sukepudoru

Brave Shield (a shield, or shieldline, I can't remember)
Scape Doll (revives you when you die, one-time use)

:)

Lazaroth
Feb 3, 2010, 12:30 PM
I know that images from female and male clothes are posted, but what about casts parts.?
And one question, in PS:P2 the old costumes and parts can be found in the shops? or are some kind of rare drop?

GULD&MILLA
Feb 3, 2010, 12:35 PM
I played the one "Client Mission" where you have to beat "Dessert Terror" under 45 minutes to get the Rifle "Killer Elic". But, when I beat the mission, I only got 10,000 Meseta......Do I have to beat it multiple times?

Lunar_Furor
Feb 4, 2010, 01:10 AM
is there any way to take an element off of a weapon?

Mike
Feb 4, 2010, 01:20 AM
I played the one "Client Mission" where you have to beat "Dessert Terror" under 45 minutes to get the Rifle "Killer Elic". But, when I beat the mission, I only got 10,000 Meseta......Do I have to beat it multiple times?

Did you use a rifle the entire time?

is there any way to take an element off of a weapon?

No. There is a way to change the special effect of most weapons but no way to remove elements.

Alam
Feb 6, 2010, 03:39 PM
I remember you now! ^-^ I'm already subscribed to you, I think. Could you also make a video of the casting time differences with and without the skill to decrease casting time? I don't want you to do it for all techniques (that'd take a while D:), just the ones that take the longest to cast.

I don't know what I can do for you. :<
Your wish is (somewhat) granted:
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk79XMQyzq8[/SPOILER-BOX]
*comiendo mis galletas*

DoubleJG
Feb 7, 2010, 10:21 PM
How do you combo techniques? Is it all about timing, or do you chain different techs?

StamiStar
Feb 8, 2010, 05:04 PM
How do you combo techniques? Is it all about timing, or do you chain different techs?
For what I've done, (□)→(□)→(□) (pressing square on whatever technic is on like an attack.) It's probably timing though.

Soahd
Feb 8, 2010, 07:55 PM
1) Does attacking enemy in the back give 100% accuracy?
2) Do using a armor with with a element make it weak against that element weakness?
3) Can we play online with a 56k internet connection?
4) Is there anyway to get the 1.01 UPDATE without the UPDATE option in the EBOOT/UMD menu?

Pillan
Feb 8, 2010, 08:59 PM

You can use any combination of square and triangle to combo techs, as long as you don't press R to switch selection on rods. There's no timing required and you can just keep tapping the button until the next one casts. Since there's no Just Attack equivalent with techs, there's no disadvantage to blindly tapping the button.

1) Does attacking enemy in the back give 100% accuracy?
2) Do using a armor with with a element make it weak against that element weakness?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
Can't help with 3 and 4, but I'd assume no on both.

Anon_Fire
Feb 8, 2010, 09:10 PM
What abilities would you recommend a CAST Hunter to use?

- on Story Missions

- on Challenge Missions

- on Free Missions

- on Urgent Missions

Pillan
Feb 9, 2010, 09:44 AM
Abilities don't affect challenge mode, so it doesn't matter there. For everything else, you'll probably use the same thing regardless of mission type unless you find yourself having unusual difficulty on the mission. Here are some abilities I would recommend for a Cast Hunter. Note that these can be pretty useful regardless of class.

PP Boost: It's not really necessary as Hunter, but it does allow you to use guns and melee more easily together. You get it at Braver 2 and it costs 1 slot.

PP High Boost: This increases PP by 20 and increases PP regen by more than the PP Restore ability as a Cast. You get it at Braver 15 and it costs 2 slots.

HP Restore: It adds HP restore to your character, giving you some slow natural recovery and saving on -mates. You get it at Braver 3 and it costs 2 slots.

PP Escape Save: This is probably one of the best abilities in the game. It allows you to roll more often (it practically regens completely by the time you finish the roll), so use it if you prefer rolling away from attacks. Don't use Guard Save since Just Guard doesn't cost anything. Costs 1 slot and every class gets it at 3.

Super Armor: Decreases flinching. It's really not necessary, but it might be useful to you if you find yourself getting thrown out of your combos. You get it at Hunter 8 and it costs 3 slots.

Full Charge Shot: Basically doubles the damage of a charged shot for 10 extra PP and a half-second longer charge. It's great if you think you'll combine melee and range. You get it at Ranger 2 and it costs 2 slots.

Damage Resist: Cuts all damage by 10%. You get it at Braver 2 and it costs 2 slots.

Wild Blast: Your blast gauge charges faster. You get it as any class at 5 and it costs 3 slots.

Full Custom Power: Increases all fully grinded weapons by about 3-4% damage. Every class gets it at 15 and costs 2 slots.

Element Hit: Status effects land more often. Requires Ranger 8 and costs 2 slots.

Recovery Item Boost: You get more HP from -mates. It's a nice bonus for hunters. You get it at Hunter 2 and it costs 1 slot.

EXP Boost: Boosts exp by 25%. You get it as any class at 20 and it costs 4 slots.

Rare Item Boost: Boosts rare item finding. You get it as any class at 30 and it costs 4 slots.

Soahd
Feb 9, 2010, 08:41 PM
Ca we play online with the same psn account with two psp at the same time?

DoubleJG
Feb 10, 2010, 09:14 PM
What does this title mean?

The Kuraiantooda "10" times achieved

Also, for the title where you import a PSPo1 character, do ALL of your characters get that title when you do it, or can you only get that title if that character was imported? (Meaning brand new characters can never obtain all titles...?)

& Is there any other use for weapons badges outside of that one exchange mission on Parum? Can you trade x amount of one badge type for 1 of a higher type?

Finally, what's the bonus on the Plantain Leaf?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 10, 2010, 10:55 PM
(I apologize in advance if this has been answered already.)
What unit do you get for each class when transferring from PSP1? Or more specifically, which gives Whitile Wings?

StamiStar
Feb 10, 2010, 10:58 PM
What does this title mean?

The Kuraiantooda "10" times achieved

Also, for the title where you import a PSPo1 character, do ALL of your characters get that title when you do it, or can you only get that title if that character was imported? (Meaning brand new characters can never obtain all titles...?)

& Is there any other use for weapons badges outside of that one exchange mission on Parum? Can you trade x amount of one badge type for 1 of a higher type?

Finally, what's the bonus on the Plantain Leaf?

1: Completed 10 client orders.

2: When you transfer from PSP1 to PSP2, your imported AND all future created characters (not imported) can collect that achievement. It's all under your save data, anyway.

3: Nope. :no: But great for scape doll collecting (We're all gonna need them).

(I apologize in advance if this has been answered already.)
What unit do you get for each class when transferring from PSP1? Or more specifically, which gives Whitile Wings?

Classes on PSP1 don't matter here. It's what your PSP2 class gonna be when imported.
Choose:
Hunter ハンター for Cosmic Particle
Ranger レンジャー for Brightness Circle
Force フォース for Flower Art
Braver ブレイバー for Whitill Wing

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2010, 01:30 AM
I'm messing with the demo since I'm hoping for a us release and I just noticed that according to drop charts, some of these enemies should be able to drop some nice B rank shield and such? does the demo follow these drop charts too or am I out of luck? in other words: any way to get a double saber in the demo?

thanks in advance

Reikon
Feb 11, 2010, 01:34 AM
I'm messing with the demo since I'm hoping for a us release and I just noticed that according to drop charts, some of these enemies should be able to drop some nice B rank shield and such? does the demo follow these drop charts too or am I out of luck? in other words: any way to get a double saber in the demo?

thanks in advance

Jelis (Mushroom squid thing) from the Reol Badia mission drops double sabers rarely (always neutral). I got one when I played the demo but it took me more tries than I could count. Was well worth it though.

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2010, 01:39 AM
yeah I've been fighting them in hopes to get one. was hoping I wasn't wasting my time. do the valgatas drop hama bracers, too?

thanks in advance

Reikon
Feb 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
yeah I've been fighting them in hopes to get one. was hoping I wasn't wasting my time. do the valgatas drop hama bracers, too?

thanks in advance

You mean the 290 w/e atp shield that looks like a gauntlet? I remember getting one in the demo while fighting in the first parum mission. I don't know from which monster but one of them dropped it for sure. There's also an S rank version with blue flames in the full game.

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2010, 01:47 AM
kasami bracer I'm sure. why I wanted the hama bracer so badly. it should drop from those snail looking stateria in the seabed ruins. thanks a lot

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2010, 02:14 AM
ok I just got a PM GH 500 unit to (I assume) change my PM's type. how do I use this? ;_; shame I can't read all this stuff

DoubleJG
Feb 11, 2010, 02:50 AM
ok I just got a PM GH 500 unit to (I assume) change my PM's type. how do I use this? ;_; shame I can't read all this stuff

I believe it's the second option when talking to your PM, followed by the first option.

Niloklives
Feb 11, 2010, 04:52 PM
first option is greyed out...I'm holding the pm unit so I dunno....do PMs have "bst" in this game?

Touka
Feb 11, 2010, 05:28 PM
If your pm is in your party kick it then try.

DoubleJG
Feb 11, 2010, 05:53 PM
first option is greyed out...I'm holding the pm unit so I dunno....do PMs have "bst" in this game?

No, I'm pretty sure that they do not.

Pillan
Feb 11, 2010, 06:54 PM

PMs don't have a "bst" as in PSU, but they (and all NPCs) do have a hidden counter for how much you've used them in a party. The more you play with a PM or an NPC, the more likely they are to drop items, photon arts, etc., and the higher their quality (such as GHxx4s or Emilia's S rank rod).

W0LB0T
Feb 12, 2010, 12:56 AM
How are hits calculated online. is it client side (PSO style) or server side (PSU style).

Niloklives
Feb 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
this is so weird. I started another save just to mess around with other races and abilities and while I haven't gotten the PM unit, I have the option available were I to HAVE said unit. but that character with the unit has it greyed out.. x_x

GeoSword
Feb 12, 2010, 09:11 PM
What ever happened to this outfit? Was it not one of the design contest winners?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4362/47769e12f78c96bf142d2c9.jpg

Chuck_Norris
Feb 12, 2010, 11:55 PM
What ever happened to this outfit? Was it not one of the design contest winners?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4362/47769e12f78c96bf142d2c9.jpg

I believe it was taken out because it was previously used in another design contest for some other game by the same person.

Niloklives
Feb 13, 2010, 12:40 AM
so i notice in the demo, the races when you first make your character have exclusive hairstyles and outfits (I.E. Human females with the "washu-ish" hair vs the female newman's floral hair) are these actually race specific styles in the full version or was that just something they did for the demo?

Pandarino
Feb 13, 2010, 06:04 AM
They are actually race-specific, as are the starting clothes.

Does anyone knows what do I have to do to make Vivienne "drop" (give me as a reward) her Vivienne?
It's my all time-favourite PSO weapon but even if I S-ranked a lot of missions with Vivienne in the party, she won't let it down >_< Just bad luck?

Weeaboolits
Feb 13, 2010, 07:24 AM
Just bad luck, I've gotten two or three off her, you just need to be persistent.

Pandarino
Feb 13, 2010, 09:50 AM
Ty, I'll keep trying...has it got to be a S mission?

Pillan
Feb 13, 2010, 09:57 AM
Does anyone knows what do I have to do to make Vivienne "drop" (give me as a reward) her Vivienne?

PMs don't have a "bst" as in PSU, but they (and all NPCs) do have a hidden counter for how much you've used them in a party. The more you play with a PM or an NPC, the more likely they are to drop items, photon arts, etc., and the higher their quality (such as GHxx4s or Emilia's S rank rod).

Mission difficulty doesn't matter, but I would assume S ranking the mission adds more to the counter, as it did with B St. But, still, luck is another factor in determining the drop.

GeoSword
Feb 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
Is Vivienne (Double Saber) set to only Fire%'s or can it be other elements?

HaydenX
Feb 13, 2010, 11:54 AM
I cannot read any Japanese so have been powering through and memorizing..
I cannot figure out what the "ability coins" do.
I'm a ranger...
Is there a translation for the ability coins yet?

Weeaboolits
Feb 13, 2010, 02:02 PM
Is Vivienne (Double Saber) set to only Fire%'s or can it be other elements?All of mine are ground element.

DoubleJG
Feb 13, 2010, 02:37 PM
I cannot read any Japanese so have been powering through and memorizing..
I cannot figure out what the "ability coins" do.
I'm a ranger...
Is there a translation for the ability coins yet?

Are you talking about the ability points you use for abilities at the purple shop booth?

HaydenX
Feb 13, 2010, 03:01 PM
Are you talking about the ability points you use for abilities at the purple shop booth?

Yes...the ones that look like gold coins.

I still have no idea what any do besides the one that says 50HP and the one that costs two points (I think it gives me the ability to double charge my finisher attack).

I would hope to find some that increase my PP...

Weeaboolits
Feb 13, 2010, 03:17 PM
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Type_abilities

DoubleJG
Feb 13, 2010, 08:56 PM
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Type_abilities

Ya, use this page. I have it bookmarked for every time I job level up.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
Do PA tiers work the same as in PSP1? If so, then it'd be a rather bad idea to use two handed weapons a Braver, since you won't be able to get the full combo, right?

Anon_Fire
Feb 18, 2010, 04:22 PM
Are you sure you can equip up to 8 abilities at one time?

Pillan
Feb 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
Do PA tiers work the same as in PSP1? If so, then it'd be a rather bad idea to use two handed weapons a Braver, since you won't be able to get the full combo, right?
All skills get their full combo by 11. Most 2 hand weapons start with 2 parts at 1 (unless they only have 1 or 2 parts, of course). Crossbows start out with 3 bullets (except for the save and special bullets, which fire 2) and cards get their third bullet at 21.

Are you sure you can equip up to 8 abilities at one time?
At class level 20 or higher, yes. You begin with 4 ability slots at level 1.

Tycho
Feb 18, 2010, 07:03 PM
Question: does anyone else still wanna get the Battle achievements? Out of those in xat no-one seems very enthusiastic, but I kinda want an accomplice for 2-on-1 games with random people as I doubt I could consistently win in a fair way (lag: in melee I'm dead before I can react, although sniping helps a lot), and I don't wanna spend time losing loadsa games when even winning 200 times seems so daunting. :b

GJARE
Feb 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
Im up for getting the battle achievments i still need the titles ;x

Anon_Fire
Feb 18, 2010, 11:04 PM
Crea Doubles does not come with a element, and is a one-time item?

Mike
Feb 18, 2010, 11:26 PM
At the moment, yes. You can farm Double Saber Repcas all you want but the Crea Doubles are a one time only item.

GJARE
Feb 23, 2010, 12:37 AM
1000Does anyone know where these Twins drop? Ive looked at the wiki but i cant seem to find these on there. Any help would be appreciated.

Touka
Feb 23, 2010, 01:15 AM
Bloody Mary is available in the miko trading mission after you clear hard story,the rest I have no clue.

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 23, 2010, 01:48 PM
Can anyone list the advantages of the long bow? I think it no longer ignores defense, so what makes it a viable choice compared to a rifle? Does it get any special pa or SE that rifles don't have? Thanks

Pillan
Feb 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
On Bows:

- They use TP rather than ATP to attack, making them ideal for forces. However, with the ATA multiplier on all gun damage, Cast often does damage on par with Newmans while using them.
- They still ignore DFP/MST. However, because they use an ATA multiplier like other guns, the damage will look significantly lower than the [total TP]/5 value.
- Rifles have more ATP, ATA, range, and speed than Bows. And the Ranger class has more ATP than TP, so it's rarely ever worth it here. Depending on your race, Braver may have more TP and Force will always have more. However, its hard to argue that the that Bows are worth it in any case.
- The Bow charge shot is an incredibly long range piercing bullet which no (non-SUV) gun can compare with.
- The unique bullet for Bows raises element (like most guns, so it's not really "unique"...) while the Rifle bullet adds knockdown.
- Rifles have instant death, Bows have charm.

pso_crash
Feb 25, 2010, 12:47 AM
I am playing the demo right now. I made a newman at the character creation sreen, but he didn't start with a wand. I wanted to make a FOnewman. What did I do wrong?

Mike
Feb 25, 2010, 12:50 AM
You picked the wrong job when you made your character.

pso_crash
Feb 25, 2010, 12:52 AM
I'm guessing that was the option that was under my characters name. what is the correct text to pick a force?

Mike
Feb 25, 2010, 12:58 AM
フォース is what you're looking for.

pso_crash
Feb 25, 2010, 01:04 AM
フォース is what you're looking for.

Thanks!

Deragonite
Feb 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
Where can I find lvl 21+ Spiral Dance and Assault Crush?

GJARE
Feb 25, 2010, 01:37 PM
IIRC assault crush should drop in Shura's twin S as for spiral dance i think it drops there to but im not sure

Tycho
Feb 25, 2010, 04:34 PM
Assault Crush drops in Twin Carnage as well.

Pillan
Feb 25, 2010, 04:39 PM
Shura's Twin is the Google translation of Twin Carnage...

Neith
Feb 25, 2010, 05:55 PM
Probably been asked loads of times, but how many Type Extend points are you allowed to spend once you cap your job level? I'm looking at 4000-6000 per S-Grade weapon type, so I'm hoping it increases quite a lot to accommodate it a little more.

GJARE
Feb 25, 2010, 06:02 PM
Probably been asked loads of times, but how many Type Extend points are you allowed to spend once you cap your job level? I'm looking at 4000-6000 per S-Grade weapon type, so I'm hoping it increases quite a lot to accommodate it a little more.

i dont know if every class get the same max type extend points but mine is at max Hunter and has 37400 type points in total

Mike
Feb 25, 2010, 06:32 PM
Are you sure about that? The wiki (http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2/E382BFE382A4E38397E382A8E382AFE382B9E38386E383B3E3 8389.html) says that each job is capped at 50,000 points at level 30.

Deragonite
Feb 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
My HU has 50,000 at lvl 30.

GJARE
Feb 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
oops ya i miscounted it is 50000 ;x

kongajinken
Feb 25, 2010, 09:31 PM
What does the public bath ticket that you receieve from the Wandering Peddler quest do?

StamiStar
Feb 25, 2010, 10:20 PM
What does the public bath ticket that you receieve from the Wandering Peddler quest do?
it's used as a room ticket to redesign your room as a spa. >_>

kongajinken
Feb 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
That sounds pretty cool.

Never mind its a complete disappointment :(

kongajinken
Feb 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
What do better ranks of dark,nocturnal and fell embrace do? I can't tell a difference.(human only mirage blast)

how much does Elemental Hit increase your chances for an elemental hit?

Lunar_Furor
Mar 2, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'd like to know how the rare boss thing works, and how many rare bosses there are. The only one I've seen is like the dragon, and I saw it after my THE first free mission I did on an alt.

Anon_Fire
Mar 3, 2010, 10:34 PM
Can Urgent missions be saved for later?

Tycho
Mar 4, 2010, 07:09 PM
Anon_Fire: Nope. ;(
Lunar_Furor: Olga Diran appears in boss-less missions; then there's Olga Anastasis, which is a rare version of Olga Angelus (appears in A/S of the final Crad-6 free mission).

Lunar_Furor
Mar 6, 2010, 04:02 PM
ah well thanks much!

I have a question about the save changes to us. If it comes out it has been said that you could convert the save file with a CFW psp. Well I have one w/ CFW and one with OFW, when it comes out... if... would it be possible to change the file and play on the legit psp without being banned, or do they check save files. I know being CFW online gets your account banned but I'm asking about the save file.

Zalana
Mar 8, 2010, 02:03 AM
Hey so.. do a lot of people play either AdHoc or on SGEA's servers more? I'm just curious of the population.

Nero-Flow
Mar 8, 2010, 09:01 AM
i think more on Adhoc so they can use cheats and stuff or they cant go online cause of lags, hacked psp or they dont want 2 but i rather play multi online mode

kongajinken
Mar 8, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hey so.. do a lot of people play either AdHoc or on SGEA's servers more? I'm just curious of the population.

Theres a fair amount of people on everytime I log on but they are all mostly japanese, so the whole language barrier thing can be hard at times when playing with people, unless you plan to meet up with people ahead of time to set up a game.

kongajinken
Mar 11, 2010, 10:15 PM
So I'm getting really annoyed at the fact that it seems like half the stuff that hits me knocks me on my ass even if it only does 6 damage. So I was thinking about trying out super armor but I was wondering how it worked exactly. Does it prevent being flinched, being knocked over, or both?

Nero-Flow
Mar 12, 2010, 07:50 AM
So I'm getting really annoyed at the fact that it seems like half the stuff that hits me knocks me on my ass even if it only does 6 damage. So I was thinking about trying out super armor but I was wondering how it worked exactly. Does it prevent being flinched, being knocked over, or both?

prevent flinched mostly not always and also it doesnt work when u get back hit

Izuna
Mar 13, 2010, 11:52 AM

Get PP Escape Save and dodge more often =)

kongajinken
Mar 13, 2010, 12:57 PM
Get PP Escape Save and dodge more often =)

I'd would prefer just to walk up to something and rape it instead of having to think about dodging.

In fact let me shoot lasers out of my eyes so all I have to do is look at stuff for it to die.

Deragonite
Mar 14, 2010, 07:20 AM
With traps, you don't even have to look at things for them to die :o!

Koiwai_Keiji
Mar 14, 2010, 11:19 AM
Does anyone have sangeyasha yet? The wiki says it has damage reflection (which considering the amount aoe type twin saber skills can do sounds awful) but when extended it gets hp drain at the same time? Does the hp drain just mitigate the damage reflection, or it drains more than it damages the player?

kongajinken
Mar 14, 2010, 05:11 PM
How much does shifta and deband raise your stats?

Izuna
Mar 14, 2010, 05:17 PM
How much does shifta and deband raise your stats?

Depends, n < 11 is Level 1, n < 21 & > 11 is Level 2, n > 20 is level 3

and it raises in a percentage as well, your ATP + w/e.

kongajinken
Mar 14, 2010, 05:22 PM
I know the level thing but how much does each level raise it percentage wise.

Lunar_Furor
Mar 18, 2010, 01:45 AM
I have a question about the save changes to us. If it comes out it has been said that you could convert the save file with a CFW psp. Well I have one w/ CFW and one with OFW, when it comes out... if... would it be possible to change the file and play on the legit psp without being banned, or do they check save files. I know being CFW online gets your account banned but I'm asking about the save file.

I doubt anyone has an answer to this, but just in case. Does anyone have an answer to this, I'm really wondering, since this 'i cant read katakana' is getting annoying, I didn't really try learning too much but a little. I just don't want to learn a new language to play a game, and know what I'm doing with out the brute force of check everything, decide later. Such as what's in my bank (just go with it), navigating the quests to find one I need to run, oh here's one. You guys say the name of a weapon, quest, tech, etc. I have no idea what that is, and even worse, my foreign text stuff doesn't work now that I formatted my compy... which was nice, it made playing easier. I've tried to get it back but It's not working... if anyone can help with anything here it'd be really nice... mostly the saves and foreign text problem.

Lucky 777
Mar 22, 2010, 02:13 PM
I have a few questions anyone know which monsters have the highest chance of dropping Shidenji-kikami because I have been fighting Davagains for a month but no results.

Also I noticed Monsters with prismatic white auras have the best chance of dropping 13 star rares anyway to get them to appear easier?

Anon_Fire
Mar 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
What levels do you consider the "Boost Aura's" to be?

Not the monster lv itself

Lucky 777
Mar 22, 2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know much about the auras besides the fact that when monsters have them their stats seem like they went up by 3 to 10 levels depending on the aura and that they have much better meseta and drop rates and that the ones with a rainbow like white aura have the best chance of dropping 13 star weapons.

Izuna
Mar 22, 2010, 05:41 PM
I don't know much about the auras besides the fact that when monsters have them their stats seem like they went up by 3 to 10 levels depending on the aura and that they have much better meseta and drop rates and that the ones with a rainbow like white aura have the best chance of dropping 13 star weapons.

They also give you boosted experience =). Bring those traps just in case!

Lucky 777
Mar 23, 2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the tip but I have been searching literally months for Shidenji kikami but to no avail. I wonder which monster has the best chance of dropping I've been hunting those fat seacow seed and all I can say is they are quite stingy they barely drop trash rares

Ami
Mar 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
Okay, so I have two questions. Mostly because I cannot read the Japanese text and the picture translations don't have them so....

1. I've downloaded the clothing add-ons from PSN. Where do I find it in the game? Or is there a step missing between getting them from PSN and actually playing that I'm missing.

2. I want to make a party in Internet Multi. How do I go about that?

Mike
Mar 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
#1. You need to import them. See WBMike's blog (with pictures by Tyreek) here (http://bumped.org/psublog/christmas-09-dlc-in-phantasy-star-portable-2-and-universe/) on how to do it.

#2. After registering the code that came with your copy of PSP2 through the PSN Store and patch the game, you can go to internet mode, select a server, and pick the second option (I think), you can create a party. I don't have my PSP in front of me know so I can't say anything for certain. I might, if I have time tonight, take some screen shots and slap some basic translations on them but they won't look pretty :(

Does anyone have sangeyasha yet? The wiki says it has damage reflection (which considering the amount aoe type twin saber skills can do sounds awful) but when extended it gets hp drain at the same time? Does the hp drain just mitigate the damage reflection, or it drains more than it damages the player?

The damage reflect goes away. The Soul Eater and any other weapon that may have damage reflect works in the same way when you extend it. The reason is because each weapon only has 1 "slot" for an effects, benificial or detrimental. When you extend a weapon with a detrimental effect, you can overwrite it an effect that is more benificial. I'm not 100% positive as I think if you extend the Frozen Shooter it will still freeze you occasionally. At least for weapons like the Sange Yasha and Soul Eater, that's the way it works.

Ami
Mar 24, 2010, 12:48 AM
Of course it would be in my face :p

And I don't mind. As long as I can tell what goes to what.

Mike
Mar 24, 2010, 06:33 AM
Boy are these ugly. Also, pay no attention to that return in the upper corner.

Matching counter
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1032&pictureid=12903

Create party menu
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1032&pictureid=12905

Ami
Mar 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks. You're a lifesaver.

kongajinken
Mar 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Whats party search do?

Izuna
Mar 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
Whats party search do?

Like custom match on Xbox LIVE -- you specify what type of game you want.

kongajinken
Mar 24, 2010, 04:22 PM
That half works. I keep joining lobbies where people are talking, but I don't want to talk to them I wanna go pillage monster villages.

Izuna
Mar 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
That half works. I keep joining lobbies where people are talking, but I don't want to talk to them I wanna go pillage monster villages.

Make a game =). They'll follow you to monster land for sure. (Though, make sure you specify in the game info which sort of missions and the planet).

kongajinken
Mar 25, 2010, 07:10 PM
Where's a decently good spear to get that's easy to obtain? I want to get a good spear extended so I can do some good damage, but I don't want to use an extend code on one then find something better in a couple hours.

by decent I mean 12 stars+

Mike
Mar 25, 2010, 07:38 PM
Demonic Fork? All you have to do is trade badges for it. Or was that magic rocks? I don't remember.

kongajinken
Mar 25, 2010, 08:59 PM
The one I have is slightly better.

Mike
Mar 25, 2010, 09:35 PM
How about the Rep Nasl or whatever the 13 star spear from the MA exchange mission? Automatic 50% in the color of your choice.

kongajinken
Mar 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
The one with tickets?

kongajinken
Mar 27, 2010, 06:54 PM
So I got the death rifle for 25000 kills...
From what I have heard rifle's are the way to go and death is a really good status effect so I was wondering if this was the best type of gun I would get for my hunter and if it was worth using an extend code on or not.

Izuna
Mar 28, 2010, 06:57 AM
So I got the death rifle for 25000 kills...
From what I have heard rifle's are the way to go and death is a really good status effect so I was wondering if this was the best type of gun I would get for my hunter and if it was worth using an extend code on or not.

The best rifles are either the Rebelion or this other one with a really long name =).

Katy
Mar 28, 2010, 08:23 AM
I got some non-gameplay questions, some that have been bugging me for a long time.

1. I want a legit copy of PSP2 BUT will I be able to slip my memory card into a legit PSP and play online without any trouble or should I copy my info to another memory card with no CFW?

2. How long did it take for your copy to arrive (in the U.S.)?

3. Why can't I get Remote Joy to work with my PSP (latest version CFW installed)? After watching several videos on how to install it, I've noticed 1 big difference. Some videos showed PSP type B driver pop-up window installing itself (the type of pop-up that shows that you plugged in a USB device) after installing remote joy and turning on your PSP for the first time. I never get that little pop-up. :( If someone knows wtf I'm talking about, can you explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Dobbin
Mar 28, 2010, 01:38 PM
Question: I am about to get PS:P this Wednesday, and I am about to get a PSP too. Hah.

But, I am also going to get a 4gig memory stick. Is it required to play games on the PSP?

kongajinken
Mar 28, 2010, 02:41 PM
Question: I am about to get PS:P this Wednesday, and I am about to get a PSP too. Hah.

But, I am also going to get a 4gig memory stick. Is it required to play games on the PSP?

It's required to save your games.

1. I want a legit copy of PSP2 BUT will I be able to slip my memory card into a legit PSP and play online without any trouble or should I copy my info to another memory card with no CFW?

2. How long did it take for your copy to arrive (in the U.S.)?

3. Why can't I get Remote Joy to work with my PSP (latest version CFW installed)? After watching several videos on how to install it, I've noticed 1 big difference. Some videos showed PSP type B driver pop-up window installing itself (the type of pop-up that shows that you plugged in a USB device) after installing remote joy and turning on your PSP for the first time. I never get that little pop-up. If someone knows wtf I'm talking about, can you explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

1. I think if you try going online they can detect you have CFW and ban your account.

2. Almost two weeks

3. No idea haven't used it before

Izuna
Mar 28, 2010, 03:04 PM

Not really, unless you're going to download games or keep a lot of music on the PSP then 2gb is more than enough.

Also, if you're going to get a PSP before Phantasy Star Portable, download the demo first. You can try Phantasy Star Portable 2's demo also =).

Izuna
Mar 28, 2010, 03:06 PM
1. I think if you try going online they can detect you have CFW and ban your account.

Absolutely wrong. Sonic Team doesn't detect anything, not even a cheated account. People have to report you.

Lunar_Furor
Mar 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Are you sure? Every time it's brought up they say someone will be able to see you are using CFW and one account or another will get banned.

Izuna
Mar 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
Are you sure? Every time it's brought up they say someone will be able to see you are using CFW and one account or another will get banned.

You can't connect without the latest firmware installed.
Just because you played the game with CFW doesn't mean that your save file is somehow flagged.

Basically, save files created with CFW work online with OFW.
Cheating the game (increasing/changing rare drop rates, experience et cetera) is not detectable at all. The only record of what you do is on your partner card.

kongajinken
Mar 28, 2010, 06:59 PM
So in the event that you can change your JP psp2 save into US psp2 using CFW then I can go online and play with people like normal?

Izuna
Mar 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
So in the event that you can change your JP psp2 save into US psp2 using CFW then I can go online and play with people like normal?

We don't even know if that's possible -- it could corrupt the save or change all of your weapons. Wait and see.

kongajinken
Mar 28, 2010, 09:18 PM
Here's hoping its possible.

Dobbin
Mar 29, 2010, 12:04 AM
Ok, my friend gave me a 32mega bit memory card.
How lame is this?
How much do I need for ps:p?

Lunar_Furor
Mar 29, 2010, 01:25 AM
1 gig or less, 512 would even work.

@ Izuna. People have also said that the switching from JP to US is possible based on the fact that it was done on another game (PSP1 or Monster hunter, w/e it's called and such). But if what you say is true and the switch is possible, I have become one happy man.

StaticWings19
Mar 29, 2010, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know if the american version will have the DLC that the japanese version has?

I REALLY want to be able to get the evangelion plugsuits and lance of loginous.

does anyone know what the availability of these items will be in the american version???

kongajinken
Mar 29, 2010, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know if the american version will have the DLC that the japanese version has?

I REALLY want to be able to get the evangelion plugsuits and lance of loginous.

does anyone know what the availability of these items will be in the american version???

Taking into account how SEGA handled these items in the past then not a single DLC item will be available in the US version. Also expect some of the code input items to be taken out as well.

Lunar_Furor
Apr 1, 2010, 02:08 AM
I have ranked my hopes!
1- PSP2 comes out in America...
2- It's possible to turn JP save into US save
3- DLC comes out

As you go down the list, the chances drop... massively from maybe 85% to... 0...

Rockleept
Apr 3, 2010, 06:37 AM
Hi,where can i find a guide for the trading mission?,i'm lost on them...Thanks

VorpalLord
Apr 3, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi,where can i find a guide for the trading mission?,i'm lost on them...Thanks

Here ya go

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Item_exchange_missions

Rockleept
Apr 3, 2010, 10:17 AM
Here ya go

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Item_exchange_missions

StamiStar
Apr 3, 2010, 01:07 PM
(It's been probably been said before and) I'm gonna sound like a broken record but...
What does the light mirage blast do? D: I tried it with my only newman and visually see no changes; I thought it may do resta, faster PP regeneration, or something.

Megatron0088
Apr 3, 2010, 02:39 PM
if i upload my psp1 character and have my lavis cannon equipped, do i get to keep it? i REALLY would hate it if i cant keep it.
EDIT: pm me the response cuz i doubt i will remember to check this thread. thanks!

kongajinken
Apr 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
(It's been probably been said before and) I'm gonna sound like a broken record but...
What does the light mirage blast do? D: I tried it with my only newman and visually see no changes; I thought it may do resta, faster PP regeneration, or something.

It raises everyone else's blast/suv gauge. (I think)

VorpalLord
Apr 3, 2010, 08:10 PM
if i upload my psp1 character and have my lavis cannon equipped, do i get to keep it? i REALLY would hate it if i cant keep it.
EDIT: pm me the response cuz i doubt i will remember to check this thread. thanks!

Nope.

Anon_Fire
Apr 4, 2010, 09:06 PM
I was wondering.

What element are the following enemies now:

Special Ops (Assault)
Special Ops (Kanohne)
Special Ops (Solda)

and has the SEED-Lab Staff ever recieved a Element change?

Mike
Apr 4, 2010, 10:22 PM
Assault is :lightning:
Kanohne is :lightning:
Solda is :lightning:

The lab staff is :dark:

kongajinken
Apr 7, 2010, 05:46 PM
Whats the strongest scythe in game and where can I find it?

Mike
Apr 7, 2010, 10:57 PM
Soul Pheonix maybe? It's the third in the "Soul" weapon set. Soul Eater, Soul Banish, Soul Pheonix. You get it by getting an S-rank on the Jump mission on S difficulty. I believe it is 13 star.

There's also the Il Gil Testament but I have no idea what it is. I just assume that since it drops from Il Gils it looks like their weapons. I don't know for sure though.

GeoSword
Apr 7, 2010, 11:28 PM
There's also the Il Gil Testament but I have no idea what it is. I just assume that since it drops from Il Gils it looks like their weapons. I don't know for sure though.

It's their dark scythe. It's classified as an axe, and I got one of those on Ancient Invaders S.

kongajinken
Apr 8, 2010, 12:05 AM
Soul Pheonix maybe? It's the third in the "Soul" weapon set. Soul Eater, Soul Banish, Soul Pheonix. You get it by getting an S-rank on the Jump mission on S difficulty. I believe it is 13 star.

Jump mission?

Mike
Apr 8, 2010, 12:49 AM
Jump mission?
The multiplayer download mission with Olga Dilan as the boss. You can get the Soul Pheonix or Black King Bar as a random reward by S-ranking the S-rank.

It's their dark scythe. It's classified as an axe, and I got one of those on Ancient Invaders S.
I needs me one of them :D

Katy
Apr 8, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ok, it seems after many many unsuccessful attempts in getting my PSP to take screenshots, I think I've given up. Since I've upgraded to the lastest version of CFW, my SNES9x stopped working and I don't feel like learning to install a newer version.

So my question is, how do I go legit. I want to change my PSP from CFW to official stuff? Also will my pandora battery affect anything or is that just some kind of software? I had a friend of a friend of a friend install all this crap a long time ago so I know nothing about it.

I expect my copy of PSP2 to arrive any day now and I want to play online when it does.

Typestatic
Apr 8, 2010, 05:11 PM
So my question is, how do I go legit. I want to change my PSP from CFW to official stuff? Also will my pandora battery affect anything or is that just some kind of software?

I expect my copy of PSP2 to arrive any day now and I want to play online when it does.

All you have to do is download and install the latest official firmware.

The pandora battery is unnecessary nowadays..

kongajinken
Apr 8, 2010, 05:32 PM

(Ancient Aggressor)太古からの侵略者 Do you mean that? I only found that mission not ancient Invaders on the psp2 wiki.

GeoSword
Apr 8, 2010, 05:42 PM
That's the mission. I translated it as Invaders. My fault.

Mike
Apr 8, 2010, 06:56 PM
I would say "invader" as well but as long as we all know what mission we're talking about it doesn't really matter as there's no official translation.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Apr 8, 2010, 08:54 PM
Okay um, guess I shall be posting questions here from now on. To the point.
What do the little pictures of weapons signify? (the ones that show up when you choose a mission and are selecting rank)

and then my second question for now would be...what mission(s) would be good for getting type points? Besides from story missions.

kongajinken
Apr 8, 2010, 10:43 PM
アドバーススピリット(Adverse Spirit)-Hugely boosts DFP and MST when remaining HP is under 35%.

How much is huge?