PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl: All power or EVP?

FrostDancer
Jan 15, 2010, 03:40 PM
Decided to get my HUnewearl back into the game after a semi long break.

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure if I want her to go all power like my HUcast or go for EVP. Any opinions on both would be very helpful.

Tamlin42
Jan 15, 2010, 04:07 PM
Well, my HUnewearl is doing just fine with Master Swift Units stuffed into her Pizza Box. 'Course, she's only lv74 so she's doing the easier Super Hard fields. I fed her 80 Power materials and gave her a 99 Power Mag.

She can run into a swarm of Batts while charging Serpent Air on her Haden Bite +20 and obliterate them when she unleashes it. Right now, she has 881ATP, 393DFP, 531ATA, 604 EVP, and 299MST. She does get occasionally hit by non shooting Hostiles but I'm not worried since she has a while to go until she hits lv95+ and she gets noticeably harder to hit every few levels.

Quite a few people swear by their evadewearl builds, though. I'm looking forward to reading their views and experiences.

rhubarbot
Jan 15, 2010, 04:08 PM
80 power mats gives you about 100 extra ATP (with Shifta), or about 25 extra damage per hit, on average. (Adds up quick with daggers.)

80 evade mats will let you reach 750+ EVP, which appears to be the point at which you start hitting diminishing returns on evasion. Supposedly you get something like a 95% miss rate from most enemies at that point, but to get to 98% you need like 100 more EVP.

Evasion is overrated, however. Your base evasion as a HUnewearl is high enough (provided you use something like a Noble Cloak) that you'll be able to rely on just Resta healing unless you're up against a boss. But there's lots of attacks in the game that you cannot evade, and unfortunately those tend to be the ones that kill you the quickest.

Tamlin42
Jan 15, 2010, 04:22 PM
Don't I know it. A handful of levels ago, I thought she could handle Chaos & Mobius on Super Hard. <Ha!> She was OHKO'd the first time she got shot at by the ground vehicle. (Not the digger.)

HUnewearls are VERY fragile. Mine has 548HP. One solid hit and I have to stop and heal.

Thanks for the numbers rhubarbot. And the reminder that she automatically casts Shifta before she enters a room. I don't even think about it anymore, my fingers just hit the appropriate buttons.

FrostDancer
Jan 15, 2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice. Sounds like all power is the better way to go while evp sounds like a fun experimental build. Well, guess that means I gotta start hunting for some more power mats(all ready used about 20 of them and I all ready have the required mags).

I also agree that the HUnewearl is fragile. Sort of the Glass cannon of the melee classes. Still fun though. And I agree about the shifta thing. Funny thing is, I sometimes find myself almost doing that with my HUcast.

slax
Jan 15, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'd agree with power, I have a 98 all-evade HUnewearl and I can say that while I am nearly unkillable, it is a PAIN to grind for items. Why? because you take a REALLY long time to kill enemies XD

Naturally, this slows you down alot, slower runs means less enemies defeated means less chance of drops. I'm not going to change my dude (I made him evade-oriented for a reason), but yeah, might makes right XD

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 09:07 AM
im running my alt huney and wondering if anyone has experience with a 50/50 power/evade build? perhaps 25/75? so far i have about 25 evade mats.

Volta
Jan 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
For one, HUneys have a mat cap of 80.

kirtblue
Jan 16, 2010, 04:10 PM
good to know if we dont get psp2 stateside soon im gunna have to pick up another copy of zero and make a hunewearl and ive been wondering about this topic

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 05:32 PM
im goin 50/50. i know they only get 80. 40/40 is still 50/50 ratio-wise ;)

Dnd
Jan 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
im running my alt huney and wondering if anyone has experience with a 50/50 power/evade build? perhaps 25/75? so far i have about 25 evade mats.

I was thinking the same thing, but i swaped 20 swift mats for 20 hp mats. (so its 20hp/40power/20swift) Because i didnt like the low base hp... whats the point in dodging 80% of attacks when the one that lands kills you in one hit (arkzeins in super hard?)...

My stats atm are:
655 hp/448 pp
771 Atp
482 def
566 ata
326 mst
626 evp

I've had no real problems soloing anything, note i always have shifta/deband running (lv9 D: ) and run around with lv4 celeb foie haze. Only problem i can see is a boosted Zaphobos diva, the normal ones seem to hit me alot of the time D:.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 11:43 PM
hmm....hp mats, thats an idea.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 17, 2010, 12:06 AM
you know HUnewearls get 80 more HP and 50 more DFP than a FOmarl and unless it's a Frunaked or Arkzein(boosted, if they are, they are killing everyone and not just me), i don't get one-shotted on my FOmarl. a swing from a Zaphobos on my HUnewearl takes out about 1/2 if not 1/3 of my HP. if dying is really an issue, set Deband to your pallete. you don't have to waste precious mats and you'll survive a lot longer.

EVP build is useful since 800+ and a shield makes you pretty much unkillable (evade Arkzein missiles and Dark Falz flowers and shield everything else). ATP build is more accepted as the natural EVP a HUnewearl gets is sufficient and more ATP is appreciated for the weakest hunter.

Dnd
Jan 17, 2010, 12:14 PM
Forgive me if im wrong, but arnt the Arkzeins missles fire based damage? and FO's get a 25% reduction in tech damage taken? Also a missle with 0% resist unboosted online did ~ 650 damage to me, and one shotting me at lv79.

kirtblue
Jan 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
i hate that one hit death because its not like you forgot to heal or anything just bam shot to the face and dead really annoying

FoMarlBorough
Jan 17, 2010, 07:59 PM
so are people with huneys trying to mitigate the ohktfo or just accept it as 'part of the game'. i havent recently been one-hitted but am still on hard.

Dnd
Jan 18, 2010, 12:45 AM
I'm trying to avoid the one-hit KO because i hate dieing (It resets your PB to 0!).. i've not been one-shot recently, but now im lv85 with 663hp (40 from mats, 25 from a divine/hp). Also i would imagine that with a jellen up on a arkzein it would do alot less damage, but you dont always have a ranger/force tag along with ya