PDA

View Full Version : How to make a strong RaCast.

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 09:38 AM
If anyone has tips or ideas to make a strong racast post them here. I`m lv 80, but I think my racast is weak.

Ice Sniper
Jan 16, 2010, 09:50 AM
Im not trying to hijack your thread but can someone please tell us how to make a strong RA at all? Im always doing so much less damage then everyone I party with. Im making a 100 power mag, im going to use 100 power mats and I have a Riverman Missouri, shouldnt I be doing more damage then this or at least close to everyone else???

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
My mags 100 pow and I used 70 pow mats currently using 4 hero pows so plus 60 more max grind weaps usually 59% dark blue bulletta or 32% acc. adjust 47% machine one.

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 10:03 AM
At level 100, RAcasts, which have the highest ATP of the ranger classes, gets to ALMOST 400.
The lowest of the hunter classes, which is HUnewearl, gets slightly over 400.
Base stats could be your problem. The highest of ranger doesn't even read the lowest of hunter. I'd work with what you can really. Rangers got kind of shut out this time around.
Not to mention their weapons give much less ATP than any hunter weapons.

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
kir added. Do you guys wanna play a game?

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 10:32 AM
Sure I'll add you to my FC.

Ice Sniper
Jan 16, 2010, 10:42 AM
:p I feel like the question wasn't answered. Can you make a good RA that can do well, or are they so nerfed that all RA's are doomed to suck :( ?

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
It wasn't supposed to be answered because I don't know the answer.
I was merely offering evidence that might help to solve the issue.
I really haven't seen many strong rangers that don't cheat, but I've come across a few. I wouldn't know their build though.

Cruciarius
Jan 16, 2010, 10:49 AM
I imagine with enough power and a good element on the gun, they could be good.

Just remember they are a ranged fighter, with endless ammo. Right their that tells me that they shouldn't be as powerful as someone risking toe to toe vs a hostile, like a hunter. They also shouldn't be as powerful as a force, which is limited to their PP amount and tech knowledge (what tech vs what hostile).

I have a lvl 51 RAcaseal, which I haven't used in a long time. I got bored with her and not having a great weapon, so I focused on my FOnewearl. Once I get a nice gun, I'll go back to her.

Things like slow, ice and similar elements would be great on guns. Things to keep the hostiles back for a while, while you shoot at them.

d3str0y0rz
Jan 16, 2010, 11:39 AM
RA classes need Hit material not power. Power is for people who use close combat weapons like swords and stuff, Mind for the mages,Hit for the rangers. i know this because i started a RAcast with all power mats and power mag, i hit like crap, so i used reset and used all hit mat's and got a hit mag and now i hit nasty's

Z-735
Jan 16, 2010, 11:46 AM
99power/1hit mag ._.

d3str0y0rz
Jan 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
no i used reset material and put all my hit material into my RAcast

Cruciarius
Jan 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
Well as I said, I stopped playing my RAcaseal for a while. Never used mats, but I was told power mags should be used on them.

Z-735
Jan 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
No Des lol, thats how my mag is XD My RAcast hits perfectly fine on SH and he's pure power (mostly) But he does have a divine hit on ._.

Kirukia
Jan 16, 2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think rangers should need too much hit really.
They already have a naturally high ATA.
I think power should be used mostly. Though I can't stand playing as a ranger so I suppose I'm not the best person to seek for advice on this topic lol.

Jan 16, 2010, 01:17 PM
I went pure power (mag/mats/units) on my RAcaseal, because she really needs it (RAcast and caseal are very similar). My main weapon is a crimson vis with level 3 celeb (4 with element boost). If you could get a riverman missouri with celeb 3, or a twin psychogun, those would be better, but they are both very rare. As a RAcast you can also use keplar suit, which adds 25 ATA to missouri, M&A, and yasminkov weapons. Another weapon that I would look into finding is a Levateinn with level 4 or 5 celeb, because there are times where you'll want something with more range and accuracy than a mechgun (a good handgun with celeb would suffice as well). Finally you'll want a melee weapon for areas like paru and valley, where the enemies are resistant to range weapons. The three main options you have are clair doubles, rage tonfa, and grand chariot (preferably with celeb), I'm still using a twin brand though, lol.

Bazookas can be an ok situational weapon as well, mainly for things that move quickly and commonly evade most of your combo (finjers come to mind). To be effective with them though, you'll need to either get one with some hit, or invest a little more in ATA, since they can't combo, and using only light attack won't do much damage. Celeb Nemesis is a good choice for them. The only place I find laser cannons to really be useful is on Reyburn, since you can just stand far away and keep hitting him in 3 or 4 spots (could work on Dark Falz as well, but he's easier to get close to so you can mechgun his face).

So ya, I hope that helped a little.

Krank32oz
Jan 16, 2010, 01:20 PM
I see most rangers use there PA. Just played a game with a RAmar who was hitting in SH for over 250 so I don't think they would have a problem. Just have to be done right im guessing!

rhubarbot
Jan 16, 2010, 03:43 PM
To make a Ranger viable:

- max out on power mats
- build a 100 power (or 99 power/1 whatever) mag
- get the best handgun you can find with Celeb 4 or 5 and Thriller Combo
- equip an element boost (if applicable), 2 or 3 of the best */power units you can find, and a compress pa
- spam Thriller Combo like you're the younger, non-crazy, non-dead version of Michael Jackson

With a Celeb 5 H44 or Rouge Pulse, your Thriller Combo will be hitting crazy fast, stunning things constantly, and doing quite respectable damage. Not cast Hunter damage, but quite respectable. That is, unless you're in Shrine or Paru, in which case you're basically screwed. (Ranged resist is through the roof there.)

kirtblue
Jan 16, 2010, 04:04 PM
dont use hit mats they are worthless your only missing because you need higher ata hit mats are not the answer you just need to level abit
otherwise if you use hit mats pure hit mag your going to be able to hit everything and not miss but your only gunna do like 50 damage
stick with power mag power mats and just tough it out alittle to level or do shine runs on hard to level but DO NOT USE HIT MATS

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 05:37 PM
- spam Thriller Combo like you're the younger, non-crazy, non-dead version of Michael Jackson

do you get a red leather jacket if you do so?

Macman
Jan 16, 2010, 05:45 PM
Also remember that some places in the game have lots of monsters that innately resist gunfire, so you'll have to carry around a melee weapon as well if you want to keep up in those spots.

Stupid, I know...

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cruc add me.
Des you sure? I just used 70 pow mats.

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hit mats and mags for ATA though more accuracy pow does raise attack des I think your wrong actually pretty sure you are I played other pso`s too.

Rujju
Jan 16, 2010, 08:16 PM
well.. Rangers are the weakest class in general.. so you can't compete with a full atp hunter or full mst force as far as dps goes.

If u want to do sufficient damage, then gunblade with earth bullet is your best bet. You also might wanna look into sabers (luzparias) or spears (grand chariot) if you wanna do decent damage with a meelee weapon.

EthanEde
Jan 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
I play a HUcast main and a RAcast secondary. The first thing you need to know is that your RAcast will never out damage a hunter and certainly not a force, If you want to deal high damage play a force, end of story. In SH weapon and bullet resists are common and cut damage.

I love my RAcast, but instead of trying to make him powerful I try to make him useful:

1. Clear all traps in the room as soon as you enter unless it would effect a team member, your DPS isn't needed right away so do something useful and keep the freeze and confuse traps off the hunters.

2. Put Sol Atomo's on your pallet, Force pallets are crowded, and hunters are busy. You have no techs to worry about and shouldn't be close enough to lay traps so keep sols handy to take status effects off the front line. Your whole team will love you I promise.

3. Draw fire away from the hunters and forces. The best RAcasts play with a good pistol with flame hit. Other weapons have more power and hit more often but you can move and fire with a pistol. This means you can stay just out of range and hold the hostile's attention while the hunter hits it from behind. Again your DPS is not great so it is better to draw fire.

4. Swap some of your slots. Wearing 4 hero powers is a waste. A level 3 celeb mech gun with an element boost will give you way more DPS. Hunter's spam their PA's and so should you, so using armor slots to support your PA is also a wise move, PA saves and PP regens.

5. Use elements to your advantage, stun and freeze are great to take heat off a hunter, but since you are away from the heat, you can also use life and risk elements to significantly boost your damage.

A RAcast simply isn't a damage dealer, learn to useful in other ways. Like I said, I main a HUcast and that HUcast farms like crazy for the RAcast, constantly sending him weapons (guns and melee) mats, armor, units, completed mags, and cash to fuel celeb.

Apostosis
Jan 16, 2010, 09:49 PM
EthanEde that is a very good strategy and I think that the role that the racast should take, but I not with you in the 4 I think that 3 divine/powers and one compress pa work very well in the racast.

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 09:51 PM
Can`t use luz over all good info all. Also use white saber with force ride and good percents like me it`s also lv 2 risk 52% dark I think if possible I`ll change to celeb anyway you hit about 600 with force ride combo. If anyone wants to add me post here.

EthanEde
Jan 16, 2010, 10:02 PM
EthanEde that is a very good strategy and I think that the role that the racast should take, but I not with you in the 4 I think that 3 divine/powers and one compress pa work very well in the racast.

I agree with you that 3 DP's and a compress PA are awesome. But Poke said
he was wearing 4 hero powers, a the DPS he will get out of an element boosted celeb is better than a 4th Hero power.

pokecenter
Jan 16, 2010, 10:33 PM
2 d pows and 2 h pows is what i`m using should I get compress? Whats it do?

EthanEde
Jan 16, 2010, 10:38 PM
Compress Pa makes your PAs charge 33% faster. Yes you should get it, it rules.

pokecenter
Jan 17, 2010, 08:01 PM
Well i`ll have to get one then force ride white saber will be so much faster.