PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Which Do You Think Will Have More People?

Red Ring
Jan 16, 2010, 10:15 PM
When this comes to America (damn well better) which do you think will have more people playing online? The Jap PSN or the American PSN? Any stats from past japanese games even like monster hunter would be cool. This will be my deciding factor if I import or wait. More people and possibly more exclusive content sounds better even with moon speak.

Arika
Jan 16, 2010, 10:54 PM
it is obviously, JP . but you won't be able to chat with most of them =_=

also, many people mention before in this forum that online mode might not exist when they port it to US ver. because it might not worth the population, consider very few PSP1 were sold. and they need to ask people to buy DLC to get the money to maintain server too. Not sure if they will do it here or not.

so it is not like you wait and you will 100% get it.

DoubleJG
Jan 16, 2010, 11:31 PM
it is obviously, JP . but you won't be able to chat with most of them =_=

also, many people mention before in this forum that online mode might not exist when they port it to US ver. because it might not worth the population, consider very few PSP1 were sold. and they need to ask people to buy DLC to get the money to maintain server too. Not sure if they will do it here or not.

so it is not like you wait and you will 100% get it.

This is the exact reason (aside from the amount of extra content I know the JP version will have over the EN version) why I'm soooo close to buying my copy. The only thing holding me back at the moment is my concern for lag. Arika said that he hasn't experienced much of it, and I'm hoping it's the same with the players who imported here in the states (please let me know if you DO experience lag).

Red Ring
Jan 17, 2010, 12:03 AM
I saw the ps0 area pickup big time when it hit US. still like 2 pages worth of chatter daily on other popular game forums like gamespot/ign. i was very impressed by that. i question which will be more popular but just by rough estimates like amazon.com having only 15 reviews while amazon.jp has 80+... The game has been out longer there. I wish i had the hard numbers.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 17, 2010, 12:05 AM
I've experienced lag online plenty of times.
I usually play on Universe 1, so there's normally a lot of people.
Wasn't so laggy when I was online earlier. Universe 1 was only at 2 Stars.

Red Ring
Jan 17, 2010, 12:12 AM
only 2 stars wtf.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 17, 2010, 12:22 AM
I was playing in the afternoon. (3pm EST) could have been early morning for them. Usually when I'm on at night, the population can go up to like 7 stars.

D14BL0
Jan 17, 2010, 02:50 AM
Games of this caliber generally only succeed in Japan. PSP1 managed to see an EN release, but the sales were pretty poor, whereas the JP version was crazy successful and had plenty of DLC updates for a long time.

However, since SEGA decided that a real online mode is a good thing, which is something most American gamers look for in their purchases, we're more likely to see a bit more success with an EN release, if/whenever we see that happen.

Tycho
Jan 17, 2010, 05:44 AM
The only thing holding me back at the moment is my concern for lag. Arika said that he hasn't experienced much of it, and I'm hoping it's the same with the players who imported here in the states (please let me know if you DO experience lag).
I'm in the Netherlands, which might matter (probably negatively), but I've found the lag in battle mode to be prohibitive (which is annoying because the titles require you to win a lot). I'd like to hear if others experienced this as well.
For all other modes, including for c-mode TA, it's been fine, really.

GULD&MILLA
Jan 17, 2010, 10:01 AM
I have experienced lag also. But it's not bad enough to make you not want to play, or screw up your game. It only gets a little jumpy at some parts of the game.

DoubleJG
Jan 17, 2010, 04:57 PM
Do you US players who party together ever experience any lag amongst each other?

(and is there a group on here for all of the PSPo2 importers to join? Might be helpful)

ashley50
Jan 17, 2010, 05:41 PM
i always get lag from switching weapons on the run...takes around 3 secs to load it or sometimes longer.

DoubleJG
Jan 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
i always get lag from switching weapons on the run...takes around 3 secs to load it or sometimes longer.

Is there much of a damage delay? (when you hit an enemy and how much time it takes to register the hit)

ashley50
Jan 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
Is there much of a damage delay? (when you hit an enemy and how much time it takes to register the hit)

well since i always use Twin Handguns, I really see the damage lag.

its takes around 1 sec for the 2nd bullet to show the damage so i guess it isn't that bad.

Red Ring
Jan 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
they must have used new netcode since psobb. in psobb it was like zero ping. it allowed you to lag as much as you wanted and only took the info that your machine sent the server so there was no lag when switching weapons, dealing damage, and all that other jazz. Only lagged when you moved items around where the server had to take charge. i guess its cause the game was made for 56k back then.

Izuna
Jan 17, 2010, 11:32 PM
I get more lag in Ad-hoc then infrastructure <-- when just a metre away from my friend: sitting close, it's about the same.

I don't think they won't give EU/US online play; we'll just be connecting to Japan like on the 360 servers, the lag you get on the import will be the same.

Oh -- the game will be more popular in Japan.