PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Cloning?

BreakX50
Jan 16, 2010, 11:28 PM
So I just went back to the Pokemon boards and after so long I was reminded of cloning.

Essentially you use Legit Pokemon A, make a clone of it, and have two legit copies of Pokemon A. Everyone there is 100% ok with cloned Pokemon.

What would the PS0 community think if cloning started to happen here? For items/weapons I mean.
(I copied this from my GFAQS board post.)

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 11:42 PM
i dont get it. if you are gonna hack, why not just hack the items you want instead of copying them. psz, as far as i can tell, is a game where there isnt a big need for dupes, but various versions of the same item/weapon with different %'s or elements is what is desired.
i dunno.

BreakX50
Jan 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
i dont get it. if you are gonna hack, why not just hack the items you want instead of copying them. psz, as far as i can tell, is a game where there isnt a big need for dupes, but various versions of the same item/weapon with different %'s or elements is what is desired.
i dunno.

Because people have a big problem with an item being "Hacked" (as do I) but cloning a weapon with already amazing percents would be basically legit.

Hacked =/= Cloned.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
i guess its legit, im not all up on the dupe/hack stuff though.

Red Ring
Jan 17, 2010, 12:24 AM
there was a save file with hacked mags and some of the better rares. doesnt seem to work with english version and i couldnt find it earlier last week. the guy who posted it had pickachu or something in his name. the mags had way higher stats than they were supposed to. i was perfectly fine with it but it was really annoying to see everyone else using the same hacked items. im surprised there arent more save files. the universal bank makes it so you can strip their character of items and make your own while keeping the items. i dont have a problem with it cause the game can be hard to play so having people who are strong enough to help out is always good. its more about the grinding than rare collecting i think when it comes to ps0. im not gonna cry about it. bored of the game anyway.

Macman
Jan 17, 2010, 04:19 AM
Duping items is so hacked stuff. It doesn't differ from hacking an item out of thin air, you're just using a pre-existing item as a template. Trading dupes has always been a gamekiller, get that crap out of here.

Kirukia
Jan 17, 2010, 06:32 AM
Actually hunting rares and finding your optimal equips is what keeps most people interested for so long. I suppose it's not as bad as hacking it because you went through the actual effort to at least find it in the first place, but if you were going to trade it, I wouldn't want it. If you're going to use them to trade, either let the person know you're trading it to, or don't trade it. If they accept it knowing it's a dupe then that's their decision. At least thats my two cents.

nickfurious
Jan 17, 2010, 06:33 AM
to be honest i fully suppourt people who want to hack in pretty much any game as long as they dont change critical game parts...i mean honestly why should anyone care just because some kid wants to run around with plus 1000000% stats to everything super weapon and armor...if it makes the game fun for them well dang man i paid to play this game and have fun so if hacking through the game and killing everything in 1 shot is fun for someone let them do it you dont have to hack just because hacks are out there

Kirukia
Jan 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
I paid for the game but I didn't pay to play it lol. I don't know what game you're playing.
But now that I think of it, even giving out and trading duped items lowers it's worth drastically. If I got a psycho wand and duped it, and then traded it to 5 people, it's not worth nearly as much as if I had my original one wand. I'm pretty much getting free ones so it's worth is not much to me, and shouldn't be to the rest of the community. So on second thought, just don't trade them. If he's going to use them himself he can do what he'd like, just don't litter the community with fake crap and kill the economy ~.~

Jonty
Jan 17, 2010, 06:39 AM
I paid for the game but I didn't pay to play it lol. I don't know what game you're playing.
But now that I think of it, even giving out and trading duped items lowers it's worth drastically. If I got a psycho wand and duped it, and then traded it to 5 people, it's not worth nearly as much as if I had my original one wand. I'm pretty much getting free ones so it's worth is not much to me, and shouldn't be to the rest of the community. So on second thought, just don't trade them. If he's going to use them himself he can do what he'd like, just don't litter the community with fake crap and kill the economy ~.~

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. It's on the same morally dubious ground as common or garden hacking: fine if you keep yourself to yourself, unfair if you encroach on legitimate players.

nickfurious
Jan 17, 2010, 06:45 AM
well look at it this way.... when you see an item with reasonable stats and so forth like in pso a saber with 34/15/12/0/0 is a reasonable item so obviously its not fake where as a saber with 10000/10000/100000/10000/1000 is obviously a dupe there in would lay the users choice does he want the real item with reasonable stats or would the game be more fun with a super sword someone made with a game shark

Jonty
Jan 17, 2010, 06:50 AM
Stats are the problem with obvious hacks - volume and the simple morality of legitimacy are the problems with dupes. They flood the market and cheapen the rarity of items.

nickfurious
Jan 17, 2010, 06:53 AM
honestly though i have 4 different hacking devices for my ds and in every single one of them the only hacks you can find are for things like rare item drop rate increase which basically takes your rare items from a 1% drop rate to about a 3% drop rate and modify melee weapon 3 stats 100/100/100/100/100 and the same for melee and caster items that aside the other hacks are for things like PB money (which is worthless in the first place) hp/mp and temporary stat increases so really from my personal knowledge of item hacks it would be easy to tell when you see a duped item

plus dude look at me...you can go to my trade list and see its not that impressive i lucked out and got a lavis kanon but thats about it though i will tell you if you turned on my ds and started playing i do have weapons with full 100% stats that i made just for SG kinda thing i dont offer to trade them and i never use them when im in online play but then again i can see where youd be worried about people flooding the market with fully statd items but there again lays the moral thing and how you see it

Kirukia
Jan 17, 2010, 07:45 AM
plus dude look at me...you can go to my trade list and see its not that impressive i lucked out and got a lavis kanon but thats about it though i will tell you if you turned on my ds and started playing i do have weapons with full 100% stats that i made just for SG kinda thing i dont offer to trade them and i never use them when im in online play but then again i can see where youd be worried about people flooding the market with fully statd items but there again lays the moral thing and how you see it

This I don't mind. If you're not going to trade them and not interrupting play, I could care less if you have hacked items. The thing he's talking about is taking an item he found, and then replicating it. If he keeps it to his characters I don't care. But if he's going to replicate items, it's probably going to be so he can trade them, and that kills the economy.

Jan 17, 2010, 07:56 AM
Pokemon isn't a game about getting the best possible stuff in the game, it's about setting things up and testing them against other players, that's why no one cares. In psz, getting your equipment is a big part of the game, and duped itmes aren't legit at all. Duping is on the same level as hacking, and completely ruins the game for other people.

Ice Sniper
Jan 17, 2010, 09:30 AM
My thought are I think the item should be obtained the right way. Getting them yourself or trading for a legit one. Even if you don't use a hacked/whatever item on wifi, that's another person you can't trade it to. Either obtain an item properly or don't play at all because its pretty much the biggest part of this game!

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 10:04 AM
If you have a legit item and duplicate it, the duplicate is NOT legit. No such cheats are ok to use on any game with online functions. If you want to use those cheats, go ahead, but don't be asking to WiFi with me.

xanthaze
Jan 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
I have a question about hacked items: if someone hackes an item is there any way to tell it's hacked besides the fact that it doesn't show up in your catalog?

EthanEde
Jan 17, 2010, 02:45 PM
over on the gamefaqs board several guys hunt the rare legit, but then when if finally does drop they will hack a version with good percents, the PA they want, and element level.

I find this, out right hacking, and duping to all just be hacking. I don't care if you hack you bought the game, I'll play with you, have some fun and all, but I don't want to trade with you.

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 02:55 PM
I don't care if people hack a game.
I just don't ever plan on playing with such people who want to ruin their game like that.

slax
Jan 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
don't trust anyone who happens to get the best item in the game with good stats unless they can prove they've put some time in to get it. It's the same problem with fire emblem wifi, everyone with good units, hacks and then claims that they've "abused clocks, random numbers and savestates" to get impossibly high (or rather, super-improbably high) stats on their units. Same problem with this, if you allow duping and trading then it becomes an excuse to create illegit units under the guise of statistics manipulation. ie: I got good weapon X, he got good armour Y, we duped and traded and now we've both got the best items. Z hacked to get the similiar items and then claimed he did dupe trades, how can you pick him? rinse repeat and suddenly the whole community is running around with all the best stuff.

Tales
Jan 17, 2010, 05:02 PM
What would the PS0 community think if cloning started to happen here? For items/weapons I mean.

Well if you sold the weapons, then I'd be against it. However if you just kept it then no. But then again, why would you? XD

I cloned a few Pokemon in Silver before... but only to clone the items they were carrying (which were stones)... because you can only get 1 fire/water/thunderstone in the game. Which is stupid >_>

FOmarRashidi
Jan 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cloning on Pokemon is a can of worms I would rather remain unopened with me. With PS Zero though, I don't see the point of it. Part of the reason why I was attracted to the game in the first place was the treasure hunting aspect of it.

Ice Sniper
Jan 17, 2010, 06:03 PM
Today 05:32 PM
RAmarRashidi Cloning on Pokemon is a can of worms I would rather remain unopened with me. With PS Zero though, I don't see the point of it. Part of the reason why I was attracted to the game in the first place was the treasure hunting aspect of it.

If we had more people that thought like this, the community would be a better place.

Z-735
Jan 17, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cloning is wrong in any way, including sheep >:0

nickfurious
Jan 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
i think to a degree most of these people just have a big superiority complex they want to be defined in a one sided radicalist group instead of making up their own minds or even researching into what their talking about they see a group of people and then form their own ideas around the counter they dont have their own minds they just jump to one side of the fence because other people are doing it

look at it this way yea i have weapons i got from an add on device but the thing is i cant just make a weapon out of thin air i put a slot in my 3 melee weapon as in the 3rd melee weapon down in my bank so you put a melee weapon say clair doubles in your third bank slot turn on the code and boom it has 100 all the way stats....now look at my trade list...do i have anything like that...i dont trade duped items and i dont play using duped items unless its with my personal friends because i know they really dont care so i really dont see why people have an issue with it...psz doesnt have GM's policing the game plus even if they did its not you who would get in trouble playing with me it would just be me trust me ive played a few online games and ive been in groups with people who have used hacks as long as you dont use them then you dont have to worry

Ice Sniper
Jan 17, 2010, 06:34 PM
i think to a degree most of these people just have a big superiority complex they want to be defined in a one sided radicalist group instead of making up their own minds or even researching into what their talking about they see a group of people and then form their own ideas around the counter they dont have their own minds they just jump to one side of the fence because other people are doing it

Translation please, also who is "these people"?

nickfurious
Jan 17, 2010, 06:38 PM
either group people who refuse to play soley legit and people who hate the hackers all im saying is before you pass judgement on something attempt to understand it atleast. i see it like smoking. you have smokers and you have non smokers. smokers smell have bad teeth age quickly so on. non smokers you can see from a mile a way those are the people who walk by a group of people smoking just so they can turn their faces in disgust give out a fake cough and make some snide comment...i dont smoke but when i walk outside and into a group of people smoking it doesnt get to me that much do you get what im saying?

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 06:49 PM
I kind of see what nickfurious is saying.

Legit players have a long period of enjoyment out of a game.
As do non-smokers have of life.

Hackers/cheaters cause games to have a short enjoyment period.
As do smokers have a short life.

Both smokers and cheaters are unwanted people.

Ice Sniper
Jan 17, 2010, 06:50 PM
Ya I get it, I just have seen both sides and I know which is right. I don't bash hackers, and I wouldnt bash them because it is fun. But on the other hand, it is wrong and it does wreck other people's fun as well as your own eventually. I have seen some of my friends hack, they then thought they were better then me because they could beat me everytime(pokemon) However in a couple days they had everything and the game wasn't fun. Eventually they came back to the game, after that they complained everything was boring(leveling was too slow, items too hard to get and that people were too hard) they even forgot what types were good against others because before they had all just had lv 100 arceus/darkrai and tore everything apart. Bashing hacking is not ok, but neither is hacking. It wrecks your fun, it wrecks other people's fun... bottom line, don't hack.

SongsForYourMother
Jan 17, 2010, 07:59 PM
returning to the idea stated in the note with what was said on the pokemon thread, so long as your methods of getting object/weapon "A" are correct, should you (for whatever reason) want a second one, go ahead so long as you keep it to yourself.
It doesn't seem right that you'd be making an item that could be near impossible to find quite common. To me, that takes the fun out of it.
I even (just a few days ago) found a mag while searching through Oblivion City Paru. I put it away in my joint trunk, and when I turned my game back on, I had the same mag in my joint trunk AND in my pack. I'm just glad I have more mags to raise! It hasn't happened again. I dunno what happened then xD

kirtblue
Jan 17, 2010, 08:07 PM
im not touching this issue with a 50 foot pole

Haker10201
Jan 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
The only reason people are able to spend hundreds of hours playing this game is because of rare items and such. Hell, I spend 5 hours hunting for a Shruiken, and I'm happy as hell I didn't get one. Now, I get to spend another 10 hours playing, all for one Item

Duping is another form of Hacking. When you dupe, you take an item, then magically have two+ of that same item. You may not have insane stats on it, but you still magically created an item when you were supposed to only have one

So, don't do it =S

We should create a Blacklist for Hackers/dupers

Windancer
Jan 17, 2010, 09:48 PM
If you wanna Cheat how about just taking the game back cause that is money not well spent at all LOL http://www.nohomers.net/images/smilies/nonono.gif

FOmarRashidi
Jan 17, 2010, 10:07 PM
If we had more people that thought like this, the community would be a better place.

I thank you for the compliment.