PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Thohn

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 02:07 AM
I just raised a Thohn mag to lvl 100.
According to the mag chart, Thohn has Granir PB.
My lvl 100 Thohn, which is all power, has Pacifal PB.
I wanted Granir... :no:

Is the chart wrong or is my Thohn special? xD

3r1c
Jan 17, 2010, 02:14 AM
i had a thohn mag but i didnt check the PB so i dont really know bout the guide,but you want to do some runs?also i added you.game name 3r1c

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 02:16 AM
Can't do a run right now.
Was just posting this before heading to bed, sorry.

edenz
Jan 17, 2010, 02:19 AM
did you find the mag in paru? coz i raised like 3 thohns and all of em had granir @_@

Grimhart
Jan 17, 2010, 02:20 AM
Was the Thohn originally a "wild" Mag, like one you picked up off the ground during a Paru run?

Wild Mags can have any random PB, and whichever one they have when you pick it up is permanent, even after evolving into one that should have a different PB.

Cruciarius
Jan 17, 2010, 10:01 AM
I can't recall if it was one I found, bought or started with (raised a mag with my force for my hunter, then raised this other to replace it).

So I'm assuming it was a found mag then. Didn't realize their PB didn't change. That was a waste of time. x.x

FOmarRashidi
Jan 17, 2010, 06:33 PM
It looks like I'll have to be weary of those wild mags in the future then.

Gofr
Jan 17, 2010, 06:37 PM
Guess that means your mag is special after all. :D

kirtblue
Jan 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
good to know i was noticing some different pb on mags ive made as well thought the chart was wrong but that would make sense being wild being alittle different

Allison_W
Jan 18, 2010, 08:39 PM
Actually, Cruciarius, Pacifal is not a bad PB. Its wide radius of effect means it's less likely to miss and is a better room-clearer than Granir, and it stuns to boot.

I actually like to do Paru to collect aberrant mags for their random PBs. I have a level 100 Thohn with a Ruffian nature and the Midgul PB, which make it perhaps the best Ranger mag possible.

Para
Jan 18, 2010, 09:01 PM
Indeed Paru does give you some random PB mags... I wish I could find a POW mag with Flozir PB... that would be quite sexy.

Cruciarius
Jan 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
I like Pacifal, but I want granir on my HUcast's mag... I think. Both are good.

Granir - more damage, harder to hit very mobile bosses
Pacifal - not as much damage, easier to hit bosses, due to radius. Also has a stun effect, but that can't effect bosses (correct me if I'm wrong).

I already raised another Thohn, with granir, but already working on a guard/power mag to replace that one.

FOmarRashidi
Jan 18, 2010, 09:45 PM
Pacifal has grown on me as well. It's nice to have when the runs start getting longer because then you can fire it off once or twice before the boss and not worry so much about aiming.

Cruciarius
Jan 18, 2010, 09:57 PM
Actually, no matter the mag or PB, it charges at the same rate. Assuming it's at 100% and you're attacking often, it should charge fully before the 2nd part of an area. That means you could use it right away in the 2nd part and should have time to get up another charge before the boss.

If you don't get many attacks in though, the PB charges slower.
Also, sync not being 100%, it'll charge slow.

To get 100% sync, I feed my mags star atomizers. 4 is enough after 1 death (if it was 100% prior to death), to put it back to 100%.

Zelendria_Ru
Jan 20, 2010, 10:44 AM
Speaking of PBs, I did the same thing with a wild mag and now I have a 55/0/0/5 Chato with Midgul. For single play I like Flozir PB the best, with the 4-way chain being my favorite. (Copied from the Mag PB section)

Solo Use: No PP is consumed for Technique and Photon Arts.
2-Way Chain: Attack charging time is reduced by 50%
3-Way Chain: All hits on enemies become critical.
4-Way Chain: All abnormal status effects are removed and the user becomes invincible.

What do most people use? I've heard that Granir is popular for Hunters...?
What should I do with my chato? Raise Hit and use it for my fledgling Cast Ranger?

My main mag is a 70/0/15/15 Chato with Flozir...

Zelendria_Ru
Jan 20, 2010, 10:45 AM
Indeed Paru does give you some random PB mags... I wish I could find a POW mag with Flozir PB... that would be quite sexy.

Make a Chato! =) (but be wary of wild mags) ><;

Cruciarius
Jan 20, 2010, 10:55 AM
What do most people use?

I like granir, for it's high damage output. It's, in my opinion, the most useful PB vs a boss. Pacifal would be my 2nd choice. Decent damage and has a radius. Also stuns hostiles (not bosses).

Zelendria_Ru
Jan 20, 2010, 11:17 AM
I like granir, for it's high damage output. It's, in my opinion, the most useful PB vs a boss. Pacifal would be my 2nd choice. Decent damage and has a radius. Also stuns hostiles (not bosses).

Normally against bosses I use Sword and Over End, on hard dragon I have cracked 1k damage with a HeatAskalon+40 (53% Native)...I connected with the head!!!

I like the auto-crit and invulnerabilty...the dragon is 3/4 of the way dead by the time that everything wears off, not to mention that I still have a full PP meter at that time.

This is with a 68 Hunewearl, base atp 295 (714 with weapon and 70 power mag) with level 10 shifta (from "Ruffian" boss room effect)

I suppose its all up to personal choice, but I'll start working on a Power mag with Granir and give it a try...what kind of numbers does Granir do?

Cruciarius
Jan 20, 2010, 11:22 AM
I believe that when I used granir vs one of the ?? Mothers in ET, with the 3 NPCs joining, it dealt around 3.4k damage. Only "problem" with granir is that it is hard to hit a very mobile target.

Zelendria_Ru
Jan 20, 2010, 11:52 AM
it dealt around 3.4k damage.

WOW! Ok, that's pretty hawt, I must admit!

Para
Jan 20, 2010, 03:36 PM

I'll throw my hat in for granir too because of its short animation but it can miss. Pacifal is nice but I noticed it does a limited AOE. Meaning if the enemy is far away enough, that enemy might not get hit by the PB.

Flozir however is fun. If you can willingly convince your teammates to pump your flozir to max, nothing beats dishing out criticals while being invulnerable.