PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 USA Online Rooms

Sinikal
Jan 18, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, i made a Room (at least i think i did) on the Internet play last night titled "ENGLISH" and in the description put "Join to LVL" Well i waited about an hour just messing around doing things and no one ever joined. Is there a small US community or do the Japanese gamers just not like us ;)?

ashley50
Jan 18, 2010, 02:20 PM
the latter I believe lolz...

Announcing that you're "ENGLISH" is a bad idea imo...

Sinikal
Jan 18, 2010, 02:27 PM
the latter I believe lolz...

Announcing that you're "ENGLISH" is a bad idea imo...

Why is that? SEGA doesnt like?

Hobbez
Jan 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
unfortunatly using "english" in that way is usually associated with "American" and a lot of places dont really care for Americans these days. Tis' a sad fact.

Sinikal
Jan 18, 2010, 02:59 PM
unfortunatly using "english" in that way is usually associated with "American" and a lot of places dont really care for Americans these days. Tis' a sad fact.

:D Haha, yea well, the whole idea would be that there might be some English speaking people to play with ;) unfortunately there wasnt :(

ashley50
Jan 18, 2010, 03:01 PM
there ARE English speaking players, but you won't find them THAT way...

Pillan
I'd expect the reasoning to be far simpler than that. Everyone's more comfortable dealing with people that speak the same language, so you would naturally migrate toward those games. With lots of Japanese parties open and one English one, which would you go for if Japanese was your first language?

The US community is fairly small. You'd probably be better off getting people to join in the chat.

Illuminate
I think most of the people on this forum play offline, or ad-hoc party.
But hey, if you have $300 to go throw at a PS3, go ahead.

GJARE
Jan 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
i usually put mission i want to do as party title and in description " sorry i dont know jp ALL WELCOME" i still usually get a full party pretty fast though

DoubleJG
Jan 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
Ever since the days of PSO, many JP players have had a strong dislike for English players because of the level of cheating associated with them.

Also, as someone else already stated, I'm sure many JP players would feel much more comfortable playing with people who can understand their language.

Cypher29
Jan 18, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, i made a Room (at least i think i did) on the Internet play last night titled "ENGLISH" and in the description put "Join to LVL" Well i waited about an hour just messing around doing things and no one ever joined. Is there a small US community or do the Japanese gamers just not like us ;)?

That does sound like a good idea. I see alot of US people trying to find each other but end up with JP players which isn't a bad thing but like you said people just feel naturally speaking their native language

Sinikal
Jan 18, 2010, 05:42 PM
That does sound like a good idea. I see alot of US people trying to find each other but end up with JP players which isn't a bad thing but like you said people just feel naturally speaking their native language

Have to come up with a code in the title meaning US players. Maybe 2 red exclamation points on both ends of the title or something ;)

Tycho
Jan 18, 2010, 05:46 PM
I think most of the people on this forum play offline, or ad-hoc party.
Or play with Japanese people or chatbox-arranged parties :b

Drawers
Jan 18, 2010, 06:51 PM

That seems so bogus. The players on JP PS:P2 are that ignorant? Sheesh I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. I mean I know American gamers can be douchebags, but you don't usually run into them on sophisticated games like PS. At least on Sony consoles. 360 is just unbearable. It's definitely THE American system. Imo playing with 360 players is temporarily mind numbing. Sorry about the subject change but the fact that not many people are crazy about Americans is profiling and that's what you're saying right? That's so lame to me.

Arika
Jan 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'd expect the reasoning to be far simpler than that. Everyone's more comfortable dealing with people that speak the same language, so you would naturally migrate toward those games. With lots of Japanese parties open and one English one, which would you go for if Japanese was your first language?

The US community is fairly small. You'd probably be better off getting people to join in the chat.

I think the same.
Not like they hate English player. But why would they choose to join your party over other JP party?

Red Ring
Jan 18, 2010, 11:14 PM
I only play online games but I'm starting to consider just playing offline. I think it would be more fun these days now that I've matured. The only point of playing MMOs online is to rub your cool gear in other people's faces as you play together which encourages cheating, hoarding items, underhanded tactics, and so on. I really hate the capitalist way. It makes me always want things like a baby if I see other people have it and I'm always playing around them. At least it helps everyone try to raise their standards and learn things but it is stressful and annoying.

Mike
Jan 18, 2010, 11:32 PM
I'd expect the reasoning to be far simpler than that. Everyone's more comfortable dealing with people that speak the same language, so you would naturally migrate toward those games.

This. Though if you show some deal of trying to understanding Japanese in addition to using English, you'll find more people join you.

I only play online games but I'm starting to consider just playing offline. I think it would be more fun these days now that I've matured. The only point of playing MMOs online is to rub your cool gear in other people's faces as you play together which encourages cheating, hoarding items, underhanded tactics, and so on. I really hate the capitalist way. It makes me always want things like a baby if I see other people have it and I'm always playing around them. At least it helps everyone try to raise their standards and learn things but it is stressful and annoying.

Well, playing offline is all fine and good. There's a lot of stuff to do and and a lot of stuff to find offline. You will miss out on all of the online only stuff and there are some items that can only be earned or found offline. And if you don't like people using their best weapons because it makes you jealous, then mature a bit more and learn to not be jealous.

Red Ring
Jan 18, 2010, 11:40 PM
I was always the guy who came into rooms on PSOBB with ubers capable of killing masses of enemies with one shot or a 3 hit combo. People dropped from the room like flies every time I entered their games. I can't say it was fun to play with people who didn't play like I did. Wasn't fun for either of us I think. And when you play in such an environment you quickly find out which weapons are the most effective and you almost never use anything else. Becomes boring. When you play without other people you can enjoy what you have without some guy barging in raping everything with a handful of ubers.

I guess it's more of a predator mindset that only certain people have. Some people coast through life happy with what they got while others see the end of the tunnel and target it to beat the system at all costs. Can't say the best end game items in PSOBB were very good once I found out which were the best in the entire game.

kongajinken
Jan 18, 2010, 11:58 PM
That seems so bogus. The players on JP PS:P2 are that ignorant? Sheesh I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. I mean I know American gamers can be douchebags, but you don't usually run into them on sophisticated games like PS. At least on Sony consoles. 360 is just unbearable. It's definitely THE American system. Imo playing with 360 players is temporarily mind numbing. Sorry about the subject change but the fact that not many people are crazy about Americans is profiling and that's what you're saying right? That's so lame to me.

You're bashing others for profiling, while profiling at the same time.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 19, 2010, 02:57 AM
quick question, I am thinking about getting a psp when this gets a release in English.
Do you need a ps3 to get online or is there another way?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 19, 2010, 03:27 AM
All you need is a PSP and the game, and a Playstation Network account.
No PS3 is required. 8D

Mike
Jan 19, 2010, 04:56 AM
Don't forget the wireless router or something similar that will bridge a connection between your PSP and the interwebs.

Arika
Jan 19, 2010, 05:30 AM
Another important fact is that, when you put the room name "ENGLISH"

They will see this room as "for english players" only. so it is obvious that no any JP would join.

Sinikal
Jan 19, 2010, 03:51 PM
Another important fact is that, when you put the room name "ENGLISH"

They will see this room as "for english players" only. so it is obvious that no any JP would join.

Good thinking! Lol

WBMike
Jan 19, 2010, 06:06 PM
I made some "English" rooms, but I also put in something else in the comment box.
英語と国際プレイ

Then I had some japanese players join teaching me japanese. I was actually surprised they knew english and we all chatted for a while. Their spelling wasn't perfect but we understood each other. So don't be afraid to make English parties.

Mike
Jan 19, 2010, 06:42 PM
I made some "English" rooms, but I also put in something else in the comment box.
英語と国際プレイ

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote this:

Though if you show some deal of trying to understanding Japanese in addition to using English, you'll find more people join you.

I was always the guy who came into rooms on PSOBB with ubers capable of killing masses of enemies with one shot or a 3 hit combo. People dropped from the room like flies every time I entered their games. I can't say it was fun to play with people who didn't play like I did. Wasn't fun for either of us I think. And when you play in such an environment you quickly find out which weapons are the most effective and you almost never use anything else. Becomes boring. When you play without other people you can enjoy what you have without some guy barging in raping everything with a handful of ubers.

At least from what I've seen of the mid-level rares, there are far less "ubers" in PSP2. However, if you join a low level game and start laying waste to everything without any regard for the other players, you'll be kicked if not asked to leave first.