PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Weapons

Zaora
Jan 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
Ok, so I am currently Useing a 6 Star Klsu Solas+20 (ATA 402) but I also have a 7 Star Luzparias+10 (ATA 329) What one is Better? As I understand it the Lazparias is faster.

Is there some calcualtion or something to figure out what weapon would do more damage?

Personally, I am thinking Faster, with lesser damange is better... Whats the Order from Slowst to Fasted of the melee weapons?

Zike
Jan 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
depending on %s and what your fighting each one is good, try out the pas and try each weapon on enwmies you fight to see which suits your playstyle for each enemy better

Macman
Jan 19, 2010, 09:48 PM
You're comparing apples to oranges.
Klau Solas is a sword, and is suited towards larger groups of enemies while Luzparias is a saber and is more geared towards single targets.

kirtblue
Jan 20, 2010, 07:45 PM
i use both of these weapons a regular basis i would say it depends on the pa they have

leviayurashyguy
Jan 20, 2010, 07:53 PM
speed doesn't necessarily mean better, Over End has way higher mods than any saber PA and considering Swords are 1.5x more more powerful than sabers, Swords outclass sabers

l3iohazard
Jan 21, 2010, 12:57 AM
daggers and claws are the best

EthanEde
Jan 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
speed doesn't necessarily mean better, Over End has way higher mods than any saber PA and considering Swords are 1.5x more more powerful than sabers, Swords outclass sabers

This is misleading as well. Sabers can have a level 5 element, swords can only have a level 3. That means level 5 celeb and no slot wasted on an element boost, a slot that can be used for an extra divine power. Over-end is great but the other two sword PA's are crap. Some swords outclass some sabers. Some sabers out class some swords. It all depends on element, PA, and %'s.

Opodomus
Jan 21, 2010, 11:30 AM

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Silvaya
Jan 21, 2010, 11:33 AM
nice opinion.
my play style is sword OE spam. so i choose...klau solas, only if it has OE

FoMarlBorough
Jan 21, 2010, 01:10 PM

"Dude you are out of your element an... OVER THE LINE!!!!":-x

"OVER THE LINE!!!"

l3iohazard
Jan 21, 2010, 03:24 PM

nice opinion.
my play style is sword OE spam. so i choose...klau solas, only if it has OE

Prove me wrong. Bite stamp is better then over-end and daggers out dps double sabers.

Opodomus
Jan 21, 2010, 03:28 PM
Prove me wrong. Bite stamp is better then over-end and daggers out dps double sabers.

Someone missed the inside joke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck
(May have bad words, watch at your own risk)

But actually more on topic Swords hit multiple targets and generally do more damage, not to mention they look cooler (that's like my opinion man).

Your use of the word "better" means nothing without providing the measurable attributes by which you have determined their individual worths. Also, unfortunately for you, the burden of proof is on the one making the original claim. You must prove that under all circumstances your weapon types are superior to all others. If one person finds even one reason that another weapon type is better then your entire statement is nullified and must be reevaluated. These are the rules that one must abide to when attempting a proof, and the Dude abides.

ARChan
Jan 21, 2010, 03:38 PM
I hope people realize that there are different flinch rates for each weapon -_- Swords have the highest, which could flinch a walking Helion on nearly each swing. It's closely followed by Spears, which could flinch almost as much but not quite. Then, Sabers and Claws. After that, it's Shield and Double Sabers. Then, there's Daggers with the lowest of the Hunter weapons.

Also, do note that there are some hostiles that flinch due to how much HP is taken away in a small duration.

Do note that a Phobos's "flinch" is when it moves uber fast.

And yes, there's a higher flinch rate with a Heavy Attack and a lower flinch rate with a Normal Attack

Opodomus
Jan 21, 2010, 03:41 PM
I hope people realize that there are different flinch rates for each weapon -_- Swords have the highest, which could flinch a walking Helion on nearly each swing. It's closely followed by Spears, which could flinch almost as much but not quite. Then, Sabers and Claws. After that, it's Shield and Double Sabers. Then, there's Daggers with the lowest of the Hunter weapons.

How do flinch rates work? I'm guessing that the game looks at what % of max life your hit did, then if that % is above a certain threshold that depends upon weapon type the monster flinches.

ARChan
Jan 21, 2010, 03:48 PM
How do flinch rates work? I'm guessing that the game looks at what % of max life your hit did, then if that % is above a certain threshold that depends upon weapon type the monster flinches.

That's one of the cases of why an enemy flinches but within a small duration. Another factor is the amount of "push" the attack does. If you noticed, the sword and spear (also bazooka, but we're talking about hunter weapons) does a lot. If you see the enemy being pushed by an attack, they are able to be flinched by the weapon. As you can see from what I'm explaining, the amount of push directly influences flinch rates.

However, some flinch to how much HP is taken away. Also, most enemies do not flinch while they are attacking.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 21, 2010, 03:49 PM
double sabers out DPS daggers. daggers are faster and more accurate but Dsabers hit too damn hard to matter. also dagger PA's suck

and the OE makes Swords the strongest weapons. sure OE has a horrible charge time and PP cost, but the damage and accuracy mods are so silly high, coupled with the Sword's already high ATP and the Compress PA unit, Swords outclass any weapon in the game.

but all in all its a matter of opinion as some would say. my opinion hates Dsabers and Swords but numbers don't always favor preference :(

ARChan
Jan 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
double sabers out DPS daggers. daggers are faster and more accurate but Dsabers hit too damn hard to matter. also dagger PA's suck

and the OE makes Swords the strongest weapons. sure OE has a horrible charge time and PP cost, but the damage and accuracy mods are so silly high, coupled with the Sword's already high ATP and the Compress PA unit, Swords outclass any weapon in the game.

but all in all its a matter of opinion as some would say. my opinion hates Dsabers and Swords but numbers don't always favor preference :(

Basically from what I've been testing, Over-End leaves the user vulnerable if surrounded whereas the other two don't, since they have the user move forward quite a way. Sonic Raid is the trickiest to use because of its extremely linear approach to the target. Dynamo Spin is only good as a PA to escape from being surrounded.

As you can see, I'm totally disregarding the numbers. Haha!

leviayurashyguy
Jan 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
you no you can move while while charging OE, thus finding the most opportune line up of enemies that doesn't leave you vulnerable to counterattack

and why use Dynamo Spin to evade enemy attack when you could just roll? Swords have terrible ATA and those two PA's nerf your ATA even more so the only reason you can "escape" is because you're missing too often to worry about hitstun

Silvaya
Jan 21, 2010, 04:25 PM
okay biohazard, i'll prove you wrong about OE being worse than bite stamp. all of these damage numbers are after lv 15 shifta and lv 15 zalure are applied to the monsters, which should be the case when you're fighting too

my breaker's OE at gurhacia and ozette hits the small mobs for about 800 per tick (3 times is 2400 damage total) the big mobs take about 500 per tick. the vespaos and hypaos take less damage, but that's because they are resistant to physical attacks
in paru, the frogs take around 800 per tick while the froutangs and mechs take 400-500 per tick. bolixes take about 130 per tick when their head is out, which is quite alot when using physical attacks on them
i dont have any numbers information about makara and rioh monsters because i rarely run there, but i expect it to be similar to paru's numbers
the lowest damage i deal is against things in arca and dark shrine, but even then, it's about 400-500 per tick. and the thing at shrine is, gimegid gathers everything in a nice bunch, so OE has maximum effectiveness

against bosses, OE shines like no other, especially when it hits a weak spot, or multi-part hits.
against dark falz's head, i deal about 700 per tick, and over 1000 per tick if there is a 3+ person flozir chain.
against humilias, i easily do 500 damage per tick to each leg.
against chaos and mobius, i can deal about 500 damage per tick to the laser shooting one. when they dance in the center, total damage can easily go above 5000.
against the dragon, about 900 damage per tick on the head.
against octo diablo, about 500 per tick

all in all, OE is better than bite stamp. the only reason you see bite stamp out DPS OE is because generally ppl use a very high % hadan bite with lvl 4 celeb. but when that is compared to a lvl 3 (lvl 4 with elem boost) celeb breaker with 32/35/44/49/0 unfortified with OE (a sword rivaling the best hadan bites), bite stamp pales in comparison.
also, OE never misses as long as you know how to target because its acc adj is so high, while bite stamp can still miss even if its targeted properly. and if someone is good with OE and knows how to aim it to achieve maximum hits (use lock-on so OE swings around against moving targets), and uses compress PA to reduce the charge time, there is no way a bite stamp is better than OE.

i have little experience with daggers vs double sabers, so i will leave that to someone else