PDA

View Full Version : Voice chat on PSZ?-

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hey hey, I was thinking about picking up a DSi/Lite and PSZ, and wanted to know if there was voice chat, or the lame in game type like in PS:P2?

I was going to pick up a DS for other games, so no worries if I don't like PSZ.

Thanks much.

ChrisFTW
Jan 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
No voice chat in the game, and unless you play with a friend you're stuck with Free Mode which limits you to a (very) few word selects.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 12:09 PM
Aww.
So, there isn't any type of chat? You cant draw words on the bottom screen and make it show up for everyone to see?
Or at least an onscreen keyboard?
I'm talking internet mode.

ChrisFTW
Jan 19, 2010, 12:14 PM
If you have someone's friend code and you're setting up a game for him/her to join then you can draw things for them to see. If you play freeplay however, where you play with random people you are limited to the word selects.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
Well, that kinda sucks.
I guess I'll just play with some friends, or people from PSO-W.
:D

Thanks much for the info.

I'll post my friend code when I get the game and DS.
(Is the friend code inside the box or something, or what? Where do I look for it?)

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
You'll get your friend code once you get online. Make sure your router is set to mixed mode.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 12:40 PM
How do I do that?
I can get online with pretty much everything else I use, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

If not, is there already a tutorial I can look at to make sure?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 19, 2010, 12:45 PM
For Linksys, its under Basic Wireless Settings.

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
I have a Netgear. :o

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
Should be under something similar.

Krank32oz
Jan 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
Yea i was very upset you couldn't chat in free play, because that's what a lot of people use most of the time

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hey hey, update!
I got PSZ and a new black DSi.
I'm messing with settings on the DSi, and checking it all out now!
I'll post my friend code in the friend code center.
If you're going to add me, send me a PM or visitor message or something.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
well you cant blame sega they put a great game on a crappy console with lots of limitations from what i understand most if not all the games on the ds that have chat built in you can only use in the lobby anyway

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 05:52 PM
Alright, I have Netgear, no idea which model.
How do I get the password to WEP(so the DSi can enter it), or make it so the DSi can go online?

Now, I can go on the internet channel thing, and I updated my DSi, so I can connect, but when I try to go online in PS0, it says "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com".

I have no idea how to change the settings to get online.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
go to the support nintendo site on the left side it will have drop downs put in your error code and it should give an idea of how to fix this that site is extremely helpful i used it alot when i first started

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 06:31 PM
I went to the support thing.
It helped very little.

What I did was change my password to WEP, but it gave me some weird 8 digit code, and wouldn't let me change that to my old password.

So, when I want to play, I have to change it back and forth. Pretty annoying if you ask me.
If I could find a way to change that 8 digit password to what it was before, everything would be set.

I would leave it as the one it gave me, but I'm not the only one using the network, so having some random numbers and letters don't quite work out for me.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
that sucks sorry to hear that ive always had no issues after fallowing the troubleshooting steps my guess is it has something to do with your router if you cant change password back

one thing i might recommend is to make sure your router allows your mac id

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 06:38 PM
that sucks sorry to hear that ive always had no issues after fallowing the troubleshooting steps my guess is it has something to do with your router if you cant change password back

one thing i might recommend is to make sure your router allows your mac id

Not sure how to do that, or what it does.

It's not too big a deal, because I can just keep changing it back and forth.
I'm up during the night, while everyone is sleeping.

So I'll probably be playing PS0 while everyone's sleeping anyway.
I'll just have to remember every night to change it back before I go to sleep. :D

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 07:16 PM
huh long as it works for you

late at night what sort of late at night what level are you maybe we can party

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
huh long as it works for you

late at night what sort of late at night what level are you maybe we can party

Anytime after 11pm EST, and before 6am EST.
I just got the game today, and have been trying to figure out this router situation.
I'm still level 1 lol.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 07:24 PM
that sucks you still have yet to see how awesome this game truly is my lowest level character is 76 but i think there is some members of the force club on at night

RowenOfStrata
Jan 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
personally if I'm gonna voice com with friends I use skype, anywhere I'm gonna be able to play my DS online I'm gonna have my netbook with me so it works out, that and nowhere I go has internet that the DS can use, college requires a form login rather than WEP or similar.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 07:37 PM
thought about skype but dont get good reception on ds next to my pc so i cant be on computer and ds with out dropping connection

Volcompat321
Jan 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
I have Skype.
I love it!
If you want to add me there, just look for Volcompatt321 (like my PSN name).

Windancer
Jan 20, 2010, 04:36 AM
If anyone would like to maybe try a voicechat over skype let me know that would be pretty fun playing pso voicechatting. I have a nice setup for that Eeepc and a headset :)