PDA

View Full Version : Attacks that ignore EVP

Opodomus
Jan 19, 2010, 03:56 PM
Which attacks ignore EVP? I have read that there are "lots" but I haven't noticed a single attack that I doesn't miss me (at least rarely) and I am on SH now.

I'm considering giving my HUnewearl swift materials so that I have the freedom to switch between ATP and MST just by changing out some gear and not having my materials wasted when I'm one or the other.

Para
Jan 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
What's your EVP?

Also I believe techs are the type that ignore EVP.

Opodomus
Jan 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
I guess the more specific question would be what attacks count as techs.

My EVP is good but not amazing, I'm a 70 something HUnewearl with a Pizza Box +99. In SH most attacks hit me, but all types of attacks have missed me at least once it seems. I'm wondering if I pump up EVP, what do I need to manually dodge?

Obviously Force Mother attacks can't be evaded. Is dragon breath a "technique?" What about Octopus spit, Humilias lasers, etc.?

golf guru
Jan 19, 2010, 04:51 PM
Izhirak (HATE THEM), Korse, Arkzekin mines, Reyburn's flame balls, Finjer shots, Derrero/zerreo megid shots, all other techs, more things I can't think of.

This is coming from a lvl 92 Evade HUnewearly with 757 EVP. All those attacks regularly hit me.

EDIT: You can dodge octopus breath most of the time and Humilias lasers are about 50 50 for me.

Opodomus
Jan 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
So basically machine laser attacks will hit me. The number one most annoying attack in the game is unable to be evaded. Awesome.

Are those lasers actually considered techniques? Do forces get resistances to them? Or are they just special additions to make HUnewearls cry?

Para
Jan 19, 2010, 05:27 PM
I think its somewhat obvious that machines have high ATA so dodging those are hard.

Macman
Jan 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
Easiest way to tell if something's avoidable with EVP is to just try and get hit by it in Normal with an overlevelled character.

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 08:29 PM
You can dodge Humilias lasers are about 50 50 for me.

this is all the reason i need

Macman
Jan 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
I can dodge Humilias lasers 100% by staying near his legs. :P

kirtblue
Jan 19, 2010, 08:37 PM
I can dodge Humilias lasers 100% by staying near his legs. :P

it can be done but on super its a bit harder i can stay between his legs about 80 percent of the time a fifty fifty chance whan he does hit me looks pretty good to me