PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistant damage?

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 12:50 AM
Basiclly, im confused about this:

Offline shrine, deal ~180damage/hit on a eulid
Online shrine (on play alone) deal ~200damage/hit
Online shrine in a party, with zalure 10. deal ~170 damage/hit

All of these figures are with shifta lv9 up, and the same equipment

EDIT: The damage difference is roughly the same for all hostiles, 10-15% more

It's confusing me for one reason, why would hostiles online in solo mode have a bigger damage output (~20%) roughly 50% more hp, slightly harder to hit, hit you more often but have less defense?

Before you say its my slot items, or my new mag. i went offline just to test this out with the same slot items as you can find on my trade list (not an advert D: )

ANyone have any ideas?

Macman
Jan 20, 2010, 01:00 AM
All I can think of is that monsters online have their own statsets for party and solo play.
I would imagine the defense decrease is to make up for the fact that you're the only one beating on these beasts.
I mean I'd hate to take on an online Arkzein by myself, the fight would last forever.

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
I guess so, but it didnt stop the fact i just spent 5 mins fighting ONE boosted phobos..
got a 7* gunblade with nothing on it whatsoever....

EDIT: ok then, maybe reduced defense to counter the fact your the only one hitting them and the fact every other stats improved
But, if your doing a field run solo online. You're running alot higher chance to find rares that say someone off-line only (due to whatever reasons)
Will And your doing it only slightly slower then they would be. Just doesnt seem... right to me.

Oh that and the fact a zerreo evaded 3/6 dagger heavys with 571 ata D:

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 01:16 AM
I think online play gives 1.25% drops regardless of the number of players. If that's the case then the enemies will naturally be harder. Its 1.5% in online multiplayer I believe. Think of it as compensation for the higher drop rate?

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 01:29 AM
Hmmm... i didnt know what party mode online gave a higher droprate then online soloing, thats intresting tbh.

On a side note: Sometimes i see my PA 'crit' and hostiles crit me aswell, whats the chance for this?

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 01:37 AM
Normally in Phantasy Star it would be calculated by your luck stat.
I'm not sure how it's calculated here though since there is no luck stat =x At least not that I can see.

Macman
Jan 20, 2010, 01:41 AM
I'd make a really rough guess and say it's somewhere around 5% odds of critting.

Also I did the same exact thing as you with a boosted Phobos, only I was with 2 others and it STILL took forever.
But my gunblade had Earth Bullet and lv3 element. :>

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah, thats the only reason i was asking tbh... no luck stat ftl. I thought it was due to time between the PA's.. till i got 4 crit PAs in a row, then i'd thought it was down to timing but not done a test on that yet

EDIT: wow, my foie-haze has 40% dark AND lv4 celeb... i finally killed it when i had gotten half my PB meter from it, 15 seconds of no-damage with a Granir PB for the win.

Also! to you no hp mat users.. said phobos hit me twice with its sword, and from full HP i was taken down to 16HP.. if i didnt take any HP mats i would of died wasting my 3/4 PB meter :<

garmrodin
Jan 20, 2010, 01:43 AM
In a book that I've got, It says that If you do multilayer if do do a quest the drop rate is 1 while if you go to the field it's 1.5, and that enemy HP is 2 ( i'm assuming times) and attack is 1.1 and so on

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 01:52 AM
Ok then, heres some lovely stats:

Zerreo: Offline hits for 90-100. my daggers hit for 155-170 and it takes 6 heavy hits to kill one (they all hit)

Online: hits for 110-120, my daggers hit for 165-180 and it takes 10 heavy hits to kill it (also seems to evade 1/10 hits)

Seems to be more damage/hp/evade but slightly less defense soloing online then soloing offline

Silvaya
Jan 20, 2010, 02:07 AM
you need about 620+ ATA to consistently heavy hit things in online SH dark shrine.
consistently meaning 95%+

and if you have 750+ EVP, things in SH dark shrine should miss you quite often.

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks for that, all i've seen is are figures around 550ATA for superhard constantly hitting

Macman
Jan 20, 2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks for that, all i've seen is are figures around 550ATA for superhard constantly hittingThat's for light-light-heavy hitting, it seems. I try to light-heavy-heavy with anything below 550 ATA and it's a gamble.

Silvaya
Jan 20, 2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks for that, all i've seen is are figures around 550ATA for superhard constantly hitting

550 ATA for constantly hitting with normal attacks. heavy hitting needs more ATA to land each one cuz it reduces ur ATA (i think that's how it works, i'm not sure). so if you only have 550 ATA, you will fall below the threshold of 520ish ATA for consistently normal hitting in SH

i assume you're doing heavy-heavy-heavy, like i do

imo, its more beneficial to cut down on some ATP and add to ATA to do heavy because a heavy attack is ~1.4x as strong as a normal attack, easily making up for you lost ATP and then some

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 02:31 AM
Well, i've heard that a heavy attack reduces your ata to .7 for a 1.4 increase in damage. BUT your base ata increases for every part of the combo. that figure i've lost/cant remember

EDIT: My atp is 788, and my ata is 571 with foie-haze at the moment

Silvaya
Jan 20, 2010, 02:34 AM
Well, i've heard that a heavy attack reduces your ata to .7 for a 1.4 increase in damage.

i dont think that's right. if that's the case, you need about 750 ATA to land the first heavy hit consistently, if thats the first attack you do. but i rarely miss when using a heavy attack at the beginning of a chain with 620 ATA. if that 0.7 number is right, my ATA would've been adjusted down to 430ish, and should miss with a very high frequency, which isn't the case.

anyways, it's getting late, i'm off to sleep. night!

Dnd
Jan 20, 2010, 02:39 AM
That might be PSO on the cube, or something i dont remember D:... anyway good night =D