PDA

View Full Version : What do Force weapons count as?

Tizerak
Jan 20, 2010, 02:28 PM
For purposes of resistances if you look at the resistance chart it only says melee / guns so would wands + rods = melee and slicer = guns for the sake of resists? Same for PAs? or do PAs carry their own special resist.

Cruciarius
Jan 20, 2010, 02:33 PM
I'd assume wands and rods = melee, but I imagine a force with either, uses techs and/or PAs.

Slicers I'd assume were guns (aka ranged) attacks, since they use no PP and attack from a distance.

PAs... I'm not sure.

Jan 20, 2010, 05:08 PM
Wands, rods, and slicers, all count as melee weapons for resistances, and a PA counts as whatever weapon's using it, with the exception of act trick (correct me if I'm wrong, never tested it), which fires off a random tech.

Tizerak
Jan 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
Slicers count as melee too? hmmm interesting.... that would make sense why when I was running around testing a Diopside with Magic Sign and a Sky Survey with Bright Sign that they both dropped a good bit of damage when I got to a Helion, Magic sign was doing like 260 a hit and bright sign 190 and on the helions it was 200 MS / 150 BS.

I still just can't decide if I want wands or slicers for my FOnewearl.
I love Bright Sign, its ranged it does a bit more damage, it stuns, I just hate how much ATA you need, 455-460 ATA to hit the ~550 ATA happy SH number with bright sign.
Magic Sign looks dumb to me, hits a bigger area, charges quick and using a wand I wouldn't need any extra ATA at all you only need ~350 ATA with a wand to get 550 with Magic Sign and I could get more MST, but it just looks goofy and I hate being so close to use it.

Meh I'll probably stick with slicers for cosmetic reasons.