PDA

View Full Version : Mother Trinity Is Mean

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
So I just reached Mother Trinity on my fomar and she's a real pain. Up to this point the octopus took the cake of hardest boss. Anyway, anybody got advice on how to take her down? I got by phase 1 with not too much trouble, after reviving my team like a good 10 times and constantly healing them. O.o Phase 2 however I just haven't a clue, keep getting blasted by lasers and apart from her hands, which aren't easy to target, at least for me, see no weakness. What a pain. :-x

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
I don't have Forces on Ps0. =^.^;=

I use blades and guns mostly. Try a good dark handgun.

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
You can hit her stomach. I recommend a slicer.
If you're having trouble with hp and such you could always level up a bit. I fought her at 32 on my force and didn't have much trouble at all. My hunter I beat her at 25. I think 25 is a good level to be at.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 20, 2010, 06:40 PM
I beat her around lvl 60. I was so busy with online. =^.^;=

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
Online is the best way to level up imo.
I've been so busy with tower though.

jmanx
Jan 20, 2010, 06:43 PM
So I just reached Mother Trinity on my fomar and she's a real pain. Up to this point the octopus took the cake of hardest boss. Anyway, anybody got advice on how to take her down? I got by phase 1 with not too much trouble, after reviving my team like a good 10 times and constantly healing them. O.o Phase 2 however I just haven't a clue, keep getting blasted by lasers and apart from her hands, which aren't easy to target, at least for me, see no weakness. What a pain. :-x

REAL FOMARS USE DAGGERS

Las0rs are easy to dodge just keep running dont roll then when lasors hit the floor watch her arm and when it comes at you make sure u barrel roll towards it not away from it.

Volta
Jan 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
Keep the Force Piece alive, since you have resistance against techs. Use a slicer, as previously mentioned. Trinity's arm swipe and heaven punisher are pretty easy to avoid since the cues for those attacks are pretty obvious even if Trinity herself isn't on your screen.

And since all of her attacks are AOE, don't bother reviving your teammates.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 20, 2010, 06:46 PM
well if you're gonna try to fight mother trinity with magic....... you're gonna have a hard time.

mother trinity is a cake walk. kill the two laser pieces; if you are familiar with chess then im talking about the ones that attack in a knight and rook pattern. then just sit back and spam slicers, dodge arm swings and move around when lasers are lock'd on to you

Dark Falz is a bit tougher. try spamming PA's liek magical sign or rodeo Drive across Dark Falz. if he use flowers, run liek hell. also try to eliminate the balls with PA's. don't use Grantis, he HIGHLY resists it and you will pretty much be wasting PP

another thing, slicers do wonders against Dark Falz. fast, ranged, and quick reaction to change in situations. Bright sign can also help you in dealing with those balls

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 06:46 PM
Lol yeah, I spent the fight just running around healing and reviving my team while throwing a slicer whenever I could. I'm also level 26, so yeah. I'll try to aim for her stomach

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Don't bother with your teammates cuz they are crap.
You'll learn when you take Kai to ET and he blows you up.
If you do enough damage to her stomach she'll remain incapacitated for a few seconds and you can hit her head for bonus damage.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
don't worry about the team, they're idiots. they stand there while trinity uses facedesk and takes out half their HP. its a waste of PP to keep them alive

also...

REAL FOMARS USE DAGGERS

NU REAL FOMAR USE MECH GUNS

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 07:09 PM
Ugh I can't do it, phase 2 is too hard to solo at 26, but I refuse to go through that huge level to reach her again, so I'm kind forcing myself until I win. I wish you could kill at 3 of her pieces. I can't launch off more than one shot of my slicer before I have to start moving to dodge her third piece.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
which pieces did you kill? leave the spinning one alive. he doesn't hit as hard as the others and not nearly as annoying as getting knockdown by tri laser beams

its been a while since i did trinity my first time on my FOmarl. try using deband. and ask yourself, what would your party members do for you to make the fight with Dark Falz easier?

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 07:46 PM
I do leave the spinny one left over, still annoying. Know what's even more anoying though? Starting over at mother after dying at dark falz, which comes right away. The boss fights in this game are merciless.

Macman
Jan 20, 2010, 08:43 PM
If you stay really close to MT when he holds her hand up about to swipe you, you won't get hit.

FoMarlBorough
Jan 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
for solo, after you kill those bouncy things, go to the side of mother trinity and slicer away. zalure + shifta as well. if your slicer has jellen, good also. just run in cirlces to dodge the laser drop attack.

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
Finally beat it. Took quite a few tries, geez. Me and my lousy level 12 slicer slicing it away. The only buffs I had was a cheap level 3 zalure, at least I reduced damage taken by a small amount, for what it's worth. >.> Now I can finally put the DS down for today. I can finally rest easy. ^^;

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
Lol congrats. You probably could've bought a better slicers from the NPC shop though >->

Gofr
Jan 20, 2010, 09:16 PM
Lol congrats. You probably could've bought a better slicers from the NPC shop though >->

Maybe, I haven't checked the npc shops for stuff other than monofluid refills. I'm still using a shield robe as my armour lol. It is grinded +25 at least. O.o

Kirukia
Jan 20, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think you need new equips xD
No wonder you were having trouble.

Macman
Jan 20, 2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah if you're using anything under 5 stars, you should be checking the NPC shop every now and then.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 20, 2010, 09:33 PM
Nice work beating it. =^.^= Still doing Hard tower.

Windancer
Jan 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
I myself Use a slicer and heal/buff party members she seems easy enough then

Jan 21, 2010, 06:51 AM
What I did to beat the second part on my FOmarl was go in one of the corners that are closer to her, and use my slicer. You can avoid a lot of her head smash attacks like that, and it makes the fight really easy. For dark falz I also used my slicer, and it hit him in a lot of spots, killing him pretty quickly.

Efreet
Jan 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
i usually stay near a side of the room and just attack her arms, so i can avoid the slash and the headsmash entirely; i used daggers for normal and hard and a rod for SH, while using this strategy i keep the laser chess piece alive, the spinning one is too annoying since it tends to stay closer to the char.
As for Dark Falz i simply stay as much close as i can to his head to avoid the running balls and try to keep full hp while smashing melee.

Quebe_Lae
Jan 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
Blaaah. Now I'm stuck on Falz. I'm a lvl 29 RAcast. It has things that can potentially one hit kill me. What the heck are you supposed to do when it starts swimming about? I don't have enough time to dodge and do damage.

Mother trinity I didn't have much of a problem with, I just stayed on the not-mean panels, mech-gunned the "knights", and mech-gunned her as she head-desked. Does she do damage to herself when she does that?

Efreet
Jan 21, 2010, 01:57 PM
When Falz swims it's usually better to keep distance and just heal yourself or ress the party, after a bit he stops and you can damage him again in safety.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
Blaaah. Now I'm stuck on Falz. I'm a lvl 29 RAcast. It has things that can potentially one hit kill me. What the heck are you supposed to do when it starts swimming about? I don't have enough time to dodge and do damage.

Mother trinity I didn't have much of a problem with, I just stayed on the not-mean panels, mech-gunned the "knights", and mech-gunned her as she head-desked. Does she do damage to herself when she does that?

RAcast is a bit trickier. i'm not sure if you have access to trimates at that point in the game but you're gonna need plenty...... and dimates. against Dark Falz, i think Gunblades with Earth Bullet work wonders, also as an alternative you can try claws with Bite Stamp. if he starts swimming, don't attack. he'll come out of it eventually (sometimes he doesn't, swims liek 3-15 times, just follow him around and maybe he'll stop) or he'll pause to attack. thats your que

and no, she is immune to self-facedesk damage, but she does take extra when you hit her in here head

iFlat
Jan 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
I think I was at level 32 when I killed Dark Falz with my RAcast, I just used a mech gun and ran around a lot, wasting all my mates and scape dolls.
All I can say is keep trying, and don't give up.

Gofr
Jan 21, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hey now, in terms of gear I do have a level 20 armour in my bags I'm not using as opposed to my cheap level 5, but it's only 3 slots, I don't wanna give up my 4 slots lol.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 21, 2010, 06:05 PM
get a pizza box, it will outclass every armor until you get a Noble Cloak. and you can equip it at 14, pretty broken =o

Kirukia
Jan 21, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hey now, in terms of gear I do have a level 20 armour in my bags I'm not using as opposed to my cheap level 5, but it's only 3 slots, I don't wanna give up my 4 slots lol.

Lets assume you're going to take out a hero/mind from the 4th slot. Is 15 MST, compared to your total MST, worth dying constantly because you aren't getting that def and eva boost?

Gofr
Jan 21, 2010, 06:43 PM
Of course 15 (10 in my case lol) is worth it. You're nuts not to think so. XD

Kirukia
Jan 21, 2010, 06:47 PM
Of course 15 (10 in my case lol) is worth it. You're nuts not to think so. XD

15 MST is like 3 damage.
I'd rather survive than do slightly higher damage. Every 5 defense you get -1 damage taken, and then you get more evasion which increases survivability even more. It's your choice I'm just giving advice.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 21, 2010, 06:48 PM
equip MST is not effected by Shifta so the 15 MST you get from that or a 30+ def/evp bonus you can get from new armor?

Galvatron the Great
Jan 23, 2010, 08:38 PM
After destroying the 2 mother pieces, try standing in the area to the left or right of her(At the top of the screen) her hand attacks often dont reach there. as for the photon eraser beams, I find that using the evasive roll is the best way to avoid it, as long as it is correctly timerd. good luck!

kirtblue
Jan 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
get a pizza box, it will outclass every armor until you get a Noble Cloak. and you can equip it at 14, pretty broken =o

omg i cant believe i never noticed that

FoMarlBorough
Jan 23, 2010, 09:52 PM
let us not forget, mother trinity is also stingy.